project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
05 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-02, 12:02   #41
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Z Open Beta - 1st to 8th of February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antol.PL View Post
Anyway, very good minimod, but i wasnt feeling any fear against other players. Maybe because of friendly-community from vanilla PR?
Then you haven't met the evil players ...
I was unarmed and then executed with an M60 because I am member of QRF and other players thought we killed too many players yesterday

I think the first day was very successful. Full server, no crashes, no bugs and lots of fun.

Old 2014-02-02, 12:08   #42
Antol

Any chance to get >32 players? 42-48 would fit perfectly.
Old 2014-02-02, 12:11   #43
Beer.114

60 player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2014-02-02, 12:55   #44
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamarr View Post
Had a lot of fun on the server today! This is a great mini-mod and I can't wait to play more this week. I think I had a fairly good run for my first time playing too. :P

Project Reality: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Mini-mod beta - YouTube
Pretty nice moments there

Old 2014-02-02, 12:57   #45
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Nice video, Lamarr .

Old 2014-02-02, 13:41   #46
[R-CON]​Onil
PR Tournament Management
PR Server License Moderator

Thanks for the feedback guys.

And nice video Lamarr, thanks for recording.

We always get very different opinions... Some say the zombies should be more deadly, other say they're good as they are since players do get killed by them. Some say survivors are being too friendly and there isn't much of a threat from them, others say that there is too much pvp between survivors with shoot on sight mentality. With all these opposite opinions, it is hard how to balance the gameplay based on the feedback.

From what I noticed, even if you're often shooting on sight, it's quite hard to get many TK's since you either don't run into that many survivors or the TK's get divided between the members of your group. So at the moment, the humanity system settings are quite high, meaning you probably will never be swapped to the other team due to low humanity. I believe everyone that got switched to zombie, was switched for being killed by a zombie.

I will change the settings so that you really have to keep an eye on your points, so that the humanity system is more effective. However, pvp is important... it should be a mix of friendly survivors teaming up and groups of survivors killing each-other. While avoiding killing unarmed survivors aka fresh spawns.

Glad you guys enjoyed it, hope to see you again today.

I might get my stream up for the ones that want to take a look. Cheers

Old 2014-02-02, 14:19   #47
Antol

This mod gives you nice feeling of how weapons are deadly here. Even with small pistol you can be save against others. Like the climax. You cant feel it on vanilla PR.
Old 2014-02-02, 14:35   #48
JinxSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamarr View Post
Had a lot of fun on the server today! This is a great mini-mod and I can't wait to play more this week. I think I had a fairly good run for my first time playing too. :P

Project Reality: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Mini-mod beta - YouTube
Damn I sound awful ingame XD
Old 2014-02-02, 14:43   #49
Leo76

It is a fun game mode - good weapons were rare and made you happy, awesome setting to get to know the stranger that spawns next to you.

I felt like killing other survivors didn't have much of a purpose - zombies don't pose a big enough threat that you would have to kill a survivor to get the superior gun or patches. You can get more than enough patches from all these kits laying around and you can easily run away from zombies. It seemed like most of the survivor vs survivor kills were kind of just for fun.
Old 2014-02-02, 15:15   #50
Curry
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

The problem with the PvP is simply the fact that we are coming from PR which is ruled by teamwork. We rather unite us to a larger group and search for equipment together than trying to steal the equipment from the other survivors. It was interesting to watch how much role play and teamwork those groups, often more than one squad, got together by talking on local. I’m highly against increasing the number of slots since it’s only a 2km map...

I’ve to say everyone should give it a try. Very detailed and well coded minimod. Great gameplay, teamwork and complete new “PR” experience with the lack of equipment. Running around unarmed relying on your squadmates creates a new level of cooperation within the squad or the people around you.

Curry.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st, 8th, beta, february, open