project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
Vista
Default Update the !switch command

Here's my propostition:

Currently if I go '!switch vista' (while vista being alive) the server waits for the person to be dead to get switched.

I think that this is a waste of time, since 95% of admins use the '!switch now' command, because when someone asks to get switched (or when admins deem balance to be necessary) they'd like to get switched immediately, not wait to die.

So, I'm suggesting that '!switch' becomes '!switch now' while keeping '!switch next' aswell. So there will only be 2 !switch commands, '!switch' (which is 'now' by default) and '!switch next'

Takes 2 minutes to change in python and it saves admins from having to type the 'now' every single time. Efficient
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:24 AM   #2
PeppeJ
Default Re: Update the !switch command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Here's my propostition:

Currently if I go '!switch vista' (while vista being alive) the server waits for the person to be dead to get switched.

I think that this is a waste of time, since 95% of admins use the '!switch now' command, because when someone asks to get switched (or when admins deem balance to be necessary) they'd like to get switched immediately, not wait to die.

So, I'm suggesting that '!switch' becomes '!switch now' while keeping '!switch next' aswell. So there will only be 2 !switch commands, '!switch' (which is 'now' by default) and '!switch next'

Takes 2 minutes to change in python and it saves admins from having to type the 'now' every single time. Efficient
+1, make a lot of sense.

PeppeJ is online now Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:47 AM   #3
Filamu
Supporting Member

And it would help players as less experienced admins forget "now" and the player dont understand why they didn't get switched.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
[R-DEV]UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Isn't it better to have less experienced admins to do "!switch vista" followed by "!switch vista now" instead of an experienced admin doing "!switch #4" and all of suddenly a squad gets instantly switched by mistake?

Not being an admin can't say which is worse/better but the impact that switching instantly is greater then switching on next death therefore I like that you need to type a few more words, Its like a confirmation prompt - "Are you sure you want to switch the player now?".

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
[R-DEV]UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
Filamu
Supporting Member

Well if you accidentally switch a whole squad its gonna be pretty bad anyways.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #6
[R-DEV]UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

A bad example doesn't injustify what I said. The impact that switching instantly has means that it should have some sort of safeguard, in this case is typing the 3 extra letters.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
[R-DEV]UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]UTurista View Post
Isn't it better to have less experienced admins to do "!switch vista" followed by "!switch vista now" instead of an experienced admin doing "!switch #4" and all of suddenly a squad gets instantly switched by mistake?

Not being an admin can't say which is worse/better but the impact that switching instantly is greater then switching on next death therefore I like that you need to type a few more words, Its like a confirmation prompt - "Are you sure you want to switch the player now?".
No one uses !switch #4 without being 100% sure that they should switch a squad. Since switching a squad prompts proper verification to make sure its the right squad.

Plus, switching squads happens ever so often, like once a week, maybe.

I can show you the A94 admin logs, guarantee that 98% of the switches are used with 'now'. There's just no point in having to type the extra letters each time, it's a waste of finger health.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
command, switch, update