project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-07-08, 17:32   #21
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default Re: What's up with 128/100 player servers?

but epic none the less

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:05   #22
DDS
Supporting Member

Aren't larger (above 100) player sizes feasible but limited by server speed and bandwith?
I used to make huge numbers of bots to play againts back when I played nilla..computer would choke above 100 players

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:11   #23
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
Aren't larger (above 100) player sizes feasible but limited by server speed and bandwith?
I used to make huge numbers of bots to play againts back when I played nilla..computer would choke above 100 players
We had 200 players events that run absolutely smooth. It does require quite a strong hardware but the limitation lies mainly within the bandwidth afaik.

It also puts more strain on the player's PC (for obvious reasons).
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 18:58   #24
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesticide View Post
200 makes for epic moments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
And epic rage.
and epic tk's... -.- (since nametags are missing then... -.-)
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 19:18   #25
Ron-Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
And epic rage.
therefore it just needs one brainlag XD

Playing PR since .756
Ron-Schultz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 19:48   #26
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
and epic tk's... -.- (since nametags are missing then... -.-)
Not games fault if you cant recognize animations, weapons, camo and check map... How come i can play it completely okay without nametags?
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 23:06   #27
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]epoch View Post
Incorrect, and you're so off the mark it's laughable.

I strongly suggest you quit the trolling and consider providing a more worthwhile contribution to forum discussions. From what I've seen from you so far your time here is likely to be somewhat limited unless you change your approach.
His intent was not to cause an emotional reaction from the readers, it was to share knowledge he thought was correct & related to the discussion. How is that trolling?
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 17:41   #28
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
Not games fault if you cant recognize animations, weapons, camo and check map... How come i can play it completely okay without nametags?
Well, obviously you're playing PR then as smart as me. But believe me, there are still enough PR players who don't check the map (don't know how to check the direction/distance), don't recognize weapons, camo and then tk sb... -.-
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 02:28   #29
Sniperdog
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
Good to hear.
I just dont understand why you dont allow Olut or any other host to run 100+ server every weekend.
You are working hard at it to include in one of the next releases, but why we cant have our best pr experience meanwhile? Many players are happy with how 128p works right now, and it really plays out well every time, so why we may not play it at the current stage of development?
You can still work on it while we play 100+..
Im always disappointed when I look into the server list and there are only 64 player servers. You cant go back to 64p anymore if you once tasted the flavour of a good game on 128.
The tests are done on only one server, when they are, because we test when we need to for development. While we do test game play during these tests; the bigger, less apparent reason is for active development of the features themselves. The info collected, in particular the crash dump info, is necessary for development of core functionality and glitch fixing. We are working hard to ensure we can release our content on all platforms, (Linux and windows, 32 and 64 bit for both), and this takes a lot of testing and development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I get the impression that bloodydeed and possibly others are working on their own version of the 100 code.
This I imagine will be released with the next major patch to pull more players back to the game, I don't think it's much to do with Soppa's 128 activities.
Not true. All the involved are pr team members working towards the same thing behind the scenes.

Sniperdog is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
player, servers