project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #31
Tartantyco

Default Re: PR-Deviation is Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
I thought this was Project Reality?
And the aim of the mod is to create a realistic battlefield experience, not an infantry simulator.

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #32
Ambush

Anything that evens the playing feild and results in a less run-and-gun atmoshpere is a positive for PR. The deviation is fine. The fact is that it really would take you that long to Accurately fire. Ever shoot skeet? Way harder to fire quickly and hit your intended target then it is to "READY- AIM- FIRE"!

Besides, the way that cover fire works you have to make a decision at the time of the battle- Do I start fireing quickly so as to pin my target down and MAYBE get the hit/kill- Do I retreat/re-engage so as not to be killed- or do I crouch , wait, settle, and fire!

Hey dev's - don't change it- job well done.
Ambush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #33
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
I do not see this crap in PR.

In case you have not noticed, PR is not full of christmas tree weaponry.
An M16A4 with a TA11 definitely gets heavy. 8-9 pounds is not to be trifled with when loaded.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #34
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
An M16A4 with a TA11 definitely gets heavy. 8-9 pounds is not to be trifled with when loaded.
I am pretty sure M16 in PR have gripods; pretend it is in deployed mode. XD

How are you going to balance the game when there are rifles that are NOT M16?

Because I have shot the realsteel Type 56(similar in weight to the AK74) with the bayonet on and 30 round mags; it was not heavy enough that my aim goes bad after 8 seconds. M16 should not be that heavy either(not sure about the addition of useless rail system and rail covers, though).

It would be more realistic if the M16 in PR looked like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An-nMlDeApI
Warning: will look like airsoft or generic amerikan redneck build.

Only time I really had actual aiming problem when standing up was when I played with an airsoft RPK-74 with a Russian NSPU nightvision scope(that thing is massive); but that falls into the squad support weapon role and should be in "deployed" mode with bipods out.

BF2 engine does not support this kind of system(although it would be a nice kick in he rear to camper-strike players), so I would not bother with thinking about it.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #35
Riflewizard

it'd be impossible to effectively implement the OP's idea, though i see where he is coming from..
What if i'm ambushing?
What if i'm covering a space for a extended period of time?

There's too many variables for this to be implemented fairly or well.
Riflewizard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #36
AquaticPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflewizard View Post
There's too many variables for this to be implemented fairly or well.
Agreed, I'm also not sure it would add a great deal to gameplay in the first place. Unless it was simulated properly I could only imagine it becoming a source of frustration.

Also I don't think the current system is backwards as such, my only gripe is that the max and unscoped deviation seems a bit high to begin which can make suppression difficult. I think it's quite realistic to assume that someone's not going to be pinpoint accurate with a heavy rifle instantly, and it's effect on gameplay is that you have to be more tactical rather than trying to out shoot the opponent.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I don't think the point is to create a system that is absolutely accurate to real world standards. Rather it's there to create a firefight that plays out in a more realistic manner.
You just contradicted yourself.

However, even at full auto you should be effectively able to hit someone 15-20 feet away. And I should be able to engage targets about 50M away after walking without having to wait about 4 seconds. The soldiers we are meant to be playing as are not sixty years old.

Moreover my gun should not have any problems hitting anything up to 300 feet or more not matter what map size if i've stayed still for 4 seconds. More times than not your gun has a hard time hitting people at 100 feet.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #38
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
However, even at full auto you should be effectively able to hit someone 15-20 feet away. And I should be able to engage targets about 50M away after walking without having to wait about 4 seconds. The soldiers we are meant to be playing as are not sixty years old.

Moreover my gun should not have any problems hitting anything up to 300 feet or more not matter what map size if i've stayed still for 4 seconds. More times than not your gun has a hard time hitting people at 100 feet.
How would you do it differently?
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #39
Navo

I think it works well now.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #40
Stealthgato

Decrease maximum deviation.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote