project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
10 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-05, 22:59   #11
GotSandInMyEye
Default Re: Performence Drop - Dev Response

I haven't had one problem with PR since building a new PC.
Maybe instead of running old hardware, purchase some new gear.

People are always quick to blame the games, but most people are running old PoS low clock cpu's on scabby graphic cards.
Old 2010-02-05, 23:05   #12
Feriluce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSandInMyEye View Post

People are always quick to blame the games, but most people are running old PoS low clock cpu's on scabby graphic cards.
You know what? I'd absolutely LOVE to buy myself a new pc, and since you're so certain that everyone is able to get new hardware, I assume you're willing to pay for it?

Gotta love all those arrogant pricks like you infesting the forums lately.
Old 2010-02-05, 23:19   #13
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feriluce View Post
You know what? I'd absolutely LOVE to buy myself a new pc, and since you're so certain that everyone is able to get new hardware, I assume you're willing to pay for it?
Gotta love all those arrogant pricks like you infesting the forums lately.
well, you dont blame the developers of family car for not achieving formula 1 speeds, do you?
problem is there(i have FPS drops too) but saying "pay for it" to any person which reasonably(looking at your specs in profile, i would be very surprised if you could play it smoothly even on low in 0.874) suggest you to upgrade is simply ignorant in your case

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 2010-02-05, 23:26   #14
2ClipsOneKill
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSandInMyEye View Post

I don't blame the devs, I kinda blame the BF2 engine for being quite weak software.

New gear... I can't afford a Core I7 and a 5890x2 atm.=/
Core2Duo E8500 @ 4.1ghz
4 GB RAM
Radeon 4870x2
Old 2010-02-05, 23:26   #15
Feriluce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
well, you dont blame the developers of family car for not achieving formula 1 speeds, do you?
problem is there(i have FPS drops too) but saying "pay for it" to any person which reasonably(looking at your specs in profile, i would be very surprised if you could play it smoothly even on low in 0.874) suggest you to upgrade is simply ignorant in your case
Well I were able to play in .874 on medium, and now I'm not. I'm not blaming anyone for not being able to play on all high settings with a sub-par setup, as you seem to think.

I'm a currently a student, and most of what little money I have go to rent and food. Telling me to upgrade, and implying that I'm stupid for not being able to do so doesn't accomplish anything but piss me and everyone else in the same situation off.
Be happy that you're able to afford a proper gaming rig, and keep your "witty" comments to yourself.
Old 2010-02-05, 23:30   #16
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ClipsOneKill View Post
I don't blame the devs, I kinda blame the BF2 engine for being quite weak software.

New gear... I can't afford a Core I7 and a 5890x2 atm.=/
Core2Duo E8500 @ 4.1ghz
4 GB RAM
Radeon 4870x2
Uh, that's supposed to be far more then enough for PR.
Old 2010-02-05, 23:31   #17
Triger_Finger

I've been waiting for .90 with lots of anticipation.

I got home today, and activated/installed and couldn't wait, and now I see that almost every map is laggy, some of the AAS maps are still playable, but the insurgency is a complete no go.

This is gamebreaking for me, I have 3.2 dual core, 8800 GT, and 2 gigs of ram, and I thought thatd be enough to play this game, since I can run BF2 on all max and still get 40-50 FPS.

Major downer for me
Old 2010-02-05, 23:32   #18
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Is anyone noticing if this is happening only on the new maps or both the new and the old.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 2010-02-05, 23:34   #19
Keny110

Ive yet to play an old map but it must be some city based static (if its to do with a static) as yamilia runs fin eno probs for me

www.whodiedclan.com
Recruting Now
Old 2010-02-05, 23:34   #20
Triger_Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]crazy11 View Post
Is anyone noticing if this is happening only on the new maps or both the new and the old.
New and old for me (with some exceptions, kashan etc, seems like the maps with LESS BUILDINGS are fine)
Closed Thread

Tags
dev, drop, performence, response