project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
10 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2009-04-02, 00:55   #11
McBumLuv

McBumLuv's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

Why all the AK hate? I think they are all great additions to the mod, offering many different possibilities. I mean, sure, you could say that they aren't all needed, but the same works the other way around.

Why was the M4 created when we already had an M-16? They have fewer differences than most of the AK variants do between them, and they both use the same caliber, too.

But about the actual topic... what? I really don't understand... is it a critique or a suggestion?

McBumLuv is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 00:59   #12
jubasniper00

jubasniper00's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
They were converting AKMs to CREATE the *first* AK-74s, by resleeving the barrel. Precisely what I, and Wiki, said; and which supports my point. I appreciate English isn't your first language, but do try to keep up.

"The three rifles are incredibly similar alraedy, there doesn't need to be three different ones, the 74 and the 47 are already in the game - why add a middle one that is near-identical to the other two?"

thats what u said before quoting wikipedia, so lets c what is wrong with that... hmmm oh yes ak74 and akm not being "near identical" thats why i said that


The dynamics of the guns is a lot more complicated and sophisticated than that. You can't infer damage / handling solely from a change in projectile and barrel sleeving. Furthermore, the AK-47 and 74 are already in the game and both handle pretty similarly anyway. Adding an "inbetween" version which makes the distinctions even LESS tangible is totally pointless. You may as well put in a 47 or a 74.

yes they are but, hmmm lets c can we infer wich one does mroe damage a 7.6 or a .22? hmm made my point rite?

"Compared to the AK-47, the AKM features enhancements that optimized the rifle for mass production"

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akm"

The differences are the AKM is cheaper and easier to build. As the price and ease of manufacture has no bearing on PR, the distinction is irrelevant

yes but u failed to read the name of the rifle"akm=ak modernized" modernized meaning hmmm beter! read a little more and if ure gonna quote information dont just quote the info that helps u proove ure so called point.

The AKS-74u is a CARBINE, not an assault rifle, and the only carbine the INS get I believe. And I fail to see how listing an ADDITIONAL AK variant makes a case for adding even MORE of them. If anything, it merely makes the point that there's more than enough in the game already...
no that prooves the point that devs understand that games need variety, in this case the ak74u aint inportant and the shotgun eighter, but they add them because they understand that unlike some ppl
jubasniper00 is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:01   #13
jubasniper00

jubasniper00's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

oh damn haha i messed that last post
jubasniper00 is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:01   #14
ReadMenace

ReadMenace's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubasniper00 View Post
by the way the pr ak47 is not a real variant, the receiver cover should not be like that, it looks like the akm. just look at the pr ak47 and a picture of a real ak47 and u ll c what im tlking about then look at the picture of an akm.
Virtually all Kalashnikov top covers are interchangeable, exceptions being the 74SU (and any similar variants) the Saiga shotgun family, and the Saiga 1XX series.

While we're nitpicking the Kalashnikovs in game.. Why don't you mention that the AK74 should not have a folding stock mechanism... Both he AK74M and AK74SU need a the forward locking latch for retaining the stock while folded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
(Personally I think the Al-Quds is rather superflous given the PKM being in-game)
How is the Al Quds superfluous? It is a SAW rather than a GPMG, it is chambered in an intermediate cartridge (7.62x39) not a full sized rifle cartridge (7.62x54r). Additionally, it was and continues to be employed by the Iraqis in far greater numbers than the PKM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
The differences are the AKM is cheaper and easier to build. As the price and ease of manufacture has no bearing on PR, the distinction is irrelevant.
+1000
The stamped receiver has little effect on overall function of the weapon when compared to a milled reciever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
The AKS-74u is a CARBINE, not an assault rifle, and the only carbine the INS get I believe. And I fail to see how listing an ADDITIONAL AK variant makes a case for adding even MORE of them. If anything, it merely makes the point that there's more than enough in the game already...
AK74SU is a considered an SMG by most, and AKs of all other variants (save the RPK/Tabuk) are considered carbines, as is the SKS.

Blahblahblah..

-REad
ReadMenace is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:02   #15
Ace42
Banned

Ace42's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to Ace42
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
Why all the AK hate? I think they are all great additions to the mod, offering many different possibilities.
There's no AK hate, I love them too. The point is merely that introducing a "middle-ground" between the existing AKs is totally superfluous - if you want more accuracy, use the 74, if you want a higher calibre slug, use the 47, if you want better handling, use the AKS-74u. There's no need for an additional "middle ground" weapon when the existing ones are nearly indistinguishable as it stands.

Quote:
Why was the M4 created when we already had an M-16? They have fewer differences than most of the AK variants do between them, and they both use the same caliber, too.
The M4's a carbine.

Quote:
But about the actual topic... what? I really don't understand... is it a critique or a suggestion?
It's a (legitimate) criticism of the shotgun kit; and a spurious suggestion for a replacement main weapon.
Ace42 is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:03   #16
jubasniper00

jubasniper00's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
Why all the AK hate? I think they are all great additions to the mod, offering many different possibilities. I mean, sure, you could say that they aren't all needed, but the same works the other way around.

Why was the M4 created when we already had an M-16? They have fewer differences than most of the AK variants do between them, and they both use the same caliber, too.

But about the actual topic... what? I really don't understand... is it a critique or a suggestion?
nah it is a suggestion, I cant find a way of critizicing the devs work when they have brought us so many happyness I just want it to be more happy u know?
jubasniper00 is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:07   #17
jubasniper00

jubasniper00's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
There's no AK hate, I love them too. The point is merely that introducing a "middle-ground" between the existing AKs is totally superfluous - if you want more accuracy, use the 74, if you want a higher calibre slug, use the 47, if you want better handling, use the AKS-74u. There's no need for an additional "middle ground" weapon when the existing ones are nearly indistinguishable as it stands.



The M4's a carbine.



It's a (legitimate) criticism of the shotgun kit; and a spurious suggestion for a replacement main weapon.
this kid just wants to proove his point, dude accept it while it is not a nessesary thing, psichologically and for the sake of the game it could b a great adittion, human beings need variety, they need options in order to live, thats why comunism hasnt worked or socialism.
jubasniper00 is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:09   #18
Ace42
Banned

Ace42's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to Ace42
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadMenace View Post
How is the Al Quds superfluous? It is a SAW rather than a GPMG, it is chambered in an intermediate cartridge (7.62x39) not a full sized rifle cartridge (7.62x54r). Additionally, it was and continues to be employed by the Iraqis in far greater numbers than the PKM.
Because the magazine size, accuracy and lethality mean that you may as well go for any of the starting-kit AKs instead, they can be used in exactly the same manner with near identical results.

We're talking about their usefulness IN GAME, not in-game cosmetics.

Quote:
AK74SU is a considered an SMG by most, and AKs of all other variants (save the RPK/Tabuk) are considered carbines, as is the SKS.
According to what definition?

"A carbine is a firearm similar to a rifle or musket, but generally shorter and of lesser power. Many carbines, especially modern designs, were developed from rifles, being essentially shortened versions of full rifles firing the same ammunition, although often at a lower velocity."

Sounds like a perfect definition of the 'SU to me, and I'd describe the AK-47 (and most similar variants) as the prototypical assault rifle...

Not that I wish to argue semantics with you or anyone, as this is all really OT, but I am interested to hear what criteria you are using for the descriptions for purely academic reasons.

Quote:
psichologically and for the sake of the game it could b a great adittion, human beings need variety, they need options in order to live
EXCEPT THERE'S NO VARIETY APART FROM THE COSMETIC APPEARANCE. The differences in damage, deviation, recoil, etc in game would be INTANGIBLE. I like variety, but I like the variety to be meaningful and significant. If all you want is more pretty pictures, why not just ask the devs to put the AK-101 model in from BF2 and just copy the stats from any other AK?

Quote:
thats why comunism hasnt worked or socialism.
Wow, don't we have an intellectual in our midst? I didn't realise that the fall of communist and socialist nations is solely down to there not being enough pretty gun pictures in PR...
Ace42 is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:12   #19
McBumLuv

McBumLuv's Avatar
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
There's no AK hate, I love them too. The point is merely that introducing a "middle-ground" between the existing AKs is totally superfluous - if you want more accuracy, use the 74, if you want a higher calibre slug, use the 47, if you want better handling, use the AKS-74u. There's no need for an additional "middle ground" weapon when the existing ones are nearly indistinguishable as it stands.
Ah, I see, I didn't quite understand. :P

McBumLuv is offline
Old 2009-04-02, 01:13   #20
torenico

torenico's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to torenico
Default Re: hmm, response

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubasniper00 View Post
"if ure argentino then que viva boca juniors!!"
Not really.. i hate Boca.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/raziel1082/media/mareth.jpg.html[/IMG]
torenico is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
hmm, response
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 13:19.