project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
10 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-12-14, 03:29   #1
sr.bambino

Default Response to " PR Clans The Real Question"

A problem that you noted was that new players aren't received well by server admins. I wholeheartedly agree. This happens because new players are frustrating to deal with, they tend to cock up everything they try to do.

Instead of blaming the Newb, I blame the fact that there isn't a platform that consolidates the multitude of articles and lessons teaching the basic and advanced skills that us veteran players utilize.

I came up with a structure for a website that did just that. I think the structure is really intuitive , easy to find the info that both new and veteran players would want. I made about 40 buttons too...

The site is ready to be built, but there's the problem, I don't know how to code. While I intend on learning to code, that won't happen for some time and the PR community could use this site now!

If you want to help, make a post on this thread. While I haven't put enough effort in getting a team together for this project, I haven't gotten a positive reception when I have asked around for help. If you guys want the PR community to prosper then stop expecting that someone else will do it and make some actions yourself.

Cheers,
Bam
sr.bambino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:52   #2
MrTomRobs

Default Re: Response to " PR Clans The Real Question"

Whilst I agree with you about the idea of having all of the info veterans use in one good page, the simple fact of the matter is that many of the mistakes that new players tend to make can very often be recitfied by either a) reading the manual or b) joining an infantry squad with 4/5 players already in it (that look like they have a decent structure, with at least an officer and a medic in it!) and simply telling everyone that you are new, just like how i did. Granted, it took me a good week or so to get my first kill, but I stuck with everything, firing at what i was told to fire at, building what i was told to build and going where i was told to go.

However, you may want to put all of your findings in a PDF file and PM one of the DEVs about it, they may want to release it as an annex to the manual for 1.0, or maybe sticky it in the Gen. Discussion thread.

But good idea though, and i'm happy to find that many of the people described in the existing topic tend to be a small minority. Most of the players i've found on PR tend to be very welcoming and encouraging to new players.

'There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those who can't.'

Gwlad! Gwlad! Pleidiol wyf i'm Gwlad!
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:07   #3
Mikemonster

When I first used to SL a year or so ago I used to ask if anyone was new.. Funny but it doesn't occur to me now, I tend to think everyone has been playing for ages and knows what to do. Will bear that in mind..

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:34   #4
Pronck
Supporting Member

I have got a solution for this: Light Infantry, everyone a rifleman except you and that rare experienced guy. So you can skip the kit part and focus on mumble or VOIP. However if they don't respond at all.... well I would still kick them.

I want to learn things to new people, but I expect some respect from them and that is often what they lack. They think age is important, it is not. I have seen some great 14 year olds leading squads with maximum effect and I have seen 30 year olds failing every time. New people don't know this and as soon as they hear that I am younger or the same age they refuse to listen and try to experiment.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:41   #5
Microwaife

I'm an admin and there's clearly a difference on how you deal with newbies or just people who try destroy other peoples experience.
Usually if there's a newbie we tell him to got our website read through mumble guide and blabla.
When they are in my squad I do the same and when I got into PR 3 years ago people supported me all the time.

Good idea with the websitee, if it's really that good go for it!

Microwaife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 22:51   #6
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwaife View Post
I'm an admin and there's clearly a difference on how you deal with newbies or just people who try destroy other peoples experience.
Usually if there's a newbie we tell him to got our website read through mumble guide and blabla.
When they are in my squad I do the same and when I got into PR 3 years ago people supported me all the time.

Good idea with the websitee, if it's really that good go for it!
well telling some one to basically quit the game for now and read a manual isnt that much help

learning by doing! I try to explain everything to them while we do it. Obviously basics first like not taking sniper/hat kit etc. although newbies dont know how to request kits anway at first

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 00:01   #7
velocity

Send a message via MSN to velocity

I learnt how to play PR my spending all my time on youtube watching videos.
Watched about a years worth of gameplay from hashhead1971 before I even played PR.

velocity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 00:24   #8
risegold8929

I learnt by playing in a coop server for about 3 months before I felt like I could effectively play PvP. It seemed to work, I rarely never know what to do.

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 03:48   #9
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

If the new generations of PR players are not included, then PR will die and run its course much quicker as a result. For the sake of your own future gameplay, take that time to help someone out.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 07:13   #10
psychickactivity

In server if you Want ? team play mixed the team , n? all team in one faction.
Yesterday i see ? lot of team on chinese and Only FFA in other faction .
How They Like this game in this condition.
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
response