project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
15 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-12-10, 04:30   #231
=TFU= M-Coke
Default Re: Battlefield V

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
In terms of "art" it makes BFV a masterpiece.
=TFU= M-Coke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 08:20   #232
PatrickLA_CA

Well I mean it is 2018 and you're not allowed to have your own opinion if it doesn't include transgender, main female roles and people of color regardless of the facts behind the story.

I seriously don't get why EA didn't just make a Battlefied (W)hatever and stay the hell out of WW2, then they can have whatever they want in it. But they want to create an authentic(?) WW2 experience and then they do this. The worst part is people defending them over it.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 22:55   #233
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Well I mean it is 2018 and you're not allowed to have your own opinion if it doesn't include transgender, main female roles and people of color regardless of the facts behind the story.
Its almost as if they didnt want to make an historical accuarate game since ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
I seriously don't get why EA didn't just make a Battlefied (W)hatever and stay the hell out of WW2, then they can have whatever they want in it.
But they can have whatever they want, including a WW2 game with female playermodels, if they pay DICE to make it. Its not defending them, its just a fact.

Just to be clear, Im not defending this game JUST because it fits my "moral standards" or because Im following my "marxistic cucking" like some "people" like to put it. This game its objectably better than the previous 5 battlefield titles that I have played (Bf2 included).

I Hated BF3 when it launched, it was a horrible dumbed down version of BF2 (already a dumbed down version of bf42), and things went worst with each release : 3d spotting, lack of vehicles, awful gun mechanics, HORRIBLE netcode, disgusting monetization.

Battlefield 1 for the first time in years promised something fresh (at least in setting) but still had lackluster gun mechanics and that bullshit "season pass".

Now finally, after what EA did to Battlefront 2 and the subsequent well deserved shitstorm, they realize that people are feed up of their bullshit, and the "games as services" idioticy gets droped for Battlefield V in favor of the "tides of war" mechanic, that lets all the player access all the content avaliable without splitting the comunity.

In adition to this, the gun mechanics are finally "decent". Yes, its not realistic, but is WAY better and more gratifying than what BF2 ever was. It lacks content, yes, but as I said, its coming, and FREE for everybody (not counting cosmetics, obviously, which is where I suppose the katana and the prostetic arm went); It has a horrible SP, yes, like ALL the battlefields (except maybe BC1), but I already made my peace with paying 50€ for a multiplayer game only.

For all those reasons I have brought the game. And I would have done the same even if it had all male player models, because thats not a reason to stop buying a game that I enjoy.

Is it historical accuarate? NO, is it inmersive?, maybe, is it disrespectfull to WW2? fuck no (to me at least). Im not looking for historical accuaracy in a Battlefield game, Im looking to have fun fragging and jumping around. When I want my fix of inmersion and realism, I will dive head first into Hell let Loose, or Post Scriptum (If they ever add gore and dissmembering).

Now to end this, a video from a fellow Bf42 player, that makes some very good points about the gameplay and mechanics of the BFV, as well as what it lacks and how it can improve.

Last edited by 77SiCaRiO77; 2018-12-10 at 23:02..
Old 2018-12-11, 08:07   #234
PatrickLA_CA

Well, you do make a good point. I guess I've just had it with fast-paced games and it would take something really awesome to make me try one again, something like a good remake of CoD 1 and United Offensive's campaign.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 09:50   #235
robert357

BF5 have decent gun mechanics? Where? So far it is unbalanced and frustrating. TTK is a joke. Flaks are useless on infantry. Some classes have too many good weapons where others have only one type that is weak. Game never was realistic but balanced and fun. BF5 is none of that. It's a broken mess, worse than BF1. However I understand people who like BF5 more than other. Now it is just fast game with optional tactic like CoD rather than a little bit slower, older BFs.

People have problem with BF5 historical accuracy, because devs promote this as historical accurate game. Instead they create this monstrosity. CoD:WWII is better historical accurate game than BF5.

And for the love of God, stop with this "because of females people wont buy it" crap already. Game itself have bigger problems than some women running on field...

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, bf5, link, reveal