project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
25 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-04-12, 23:02   #11
chuckduck

Default Re: [Proposal]Late Cold War+Desert Storm MiniMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
Well, if this goes somewhere.. i could help whit some Mapping..

G luck again
Thanks, that makes 2 mappers including my self. We still need to recuit a few skinners and modeler(s), maybe one of the R-Devs can help us with the scripting, lots of good skinners modelers and scripters are tied down with community factions tho .
Plus we have to ask EoD and USi if we can use their vehicles, hope fully they say yes, since they are BSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]162eRI View Post
I love the idea too. For now just reskinning, but if someone can set up such Minimod, I would definitively like to see the DDR (German Democratic Republic) ingame!!! Don't know why, call me crazy, but I like this army LOL

Anyway, lot of BSS Mods get Russian tanks. It would be good to see what they have.

Nonetheless, It gonna be pretty hard to make this minimod, I wish good luck for that

Also with that idea relating to the German Democratic Repbulic, isnt that known as East Germany?
I dont know how we could incorperate them, because having them as a sperate faction may not be high on our list of priorities, sorry, but we could try and find a way to include your favorate piece of thier equipment on the European maps. Just say that the East Germans are backing up the Soviets on thier attack in west Germany, by lending some East German tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
i support the idea of light medium and heavy tanks. the soviets, well they had tons of different tanks. something like a t55 or a t62 could serve as a light tank, a t72 maybe a medium? and t80 as heavy tank. or maybe a pt-76 as a light tank, even though its an apc it doesnt have to be totally mirror balanced for each side.

also i know you said you could make maps for a russian invasion of US, but what about a euro theatre?
Thanks for supporting my Heavy, Medium and light tank idea. :d
I highlighted in green the bits in ur post that i agre with you on.
I think the USSR light tank should be the PT-76 since it is around the sam esize as the Sheridan and packs a AT missile.
Putting a T55 or T62 would be slightly unfair as they have more powerful guns and i would classifly them as medium tanks and could be used aswell as the t72 for a medium tank.

BTW:Let me know what u think the NATO Vehicles should be as some of them i couldnt think of a practical vehicle that we didnt have to make from scratch.

Also i am probably not here mid week so post as much as u like and discuss but i wont be here, unless i get some time to post here.

We need to try and get a team together to make this minimod...skinners most importatly, modelers, scripters (or whoever makes the actual vehicle work in game), and maybe mappers, right now we got 1 plus my self so thats like 1.5 mappers since im still learning to map.

Currently Finishing off a PR Training Map with Pte.Paynter. Also Trying to Organise a Late Cold War Community Minimod.

Communist or Capitalist. Join the Invasion!
PR Late Cold War MiniMod Forum Link
Last edited by chuckduck; 2009-04-12 at 23:19..
Old 2009-04-12, 23:54   #12
HughJass

Well one of my ideas is out.

one thing: please no NATO faction.

Good luck.

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:09   #13
chuckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
Well one of my ideas is out.

one thing: please no NATO faction.

Good luck.
First Part....Great minds think alike.

Second Part...Why not a NATO faction? What do u want a US vs Russia or US vs Iraq or something? What the matter with NATO, they helped make sure we all aren't speaking Russian right now.

Last Part...Thanks, but we still need people to make this minimod. Modelers, skinners and scripters. do u know anyone up to the task?

Currently Finishing off a PR Training Map with Pte.Paynter. Also Trying to Organise a Late Cold War Community Minimod.

chuckduck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:17   #14
Polka

NATO fails, that is all.

Anyhow, proposal is approved and endorsed.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:32   #15
chuckduck

Why dont we have a poll, first things first....how do i create a poll?
Well i thought NATO would be quite a good idea, with them fighting in Europe and all and the US fighting in the US since the Soviets invaded the US home turf.

Old 2009-04-13, 00:40   #16
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckduck View Post
Why dont we have a poll, first things first....how do i create a poll?
Well i thought NATO would be quite a good idea, with them fighting in Europe and all and the US fighting in the US since the Soviets invaded the US home turf.
I could be wrong about this, but I dont believe NATO fights with multiple different nationalities fighting side by side. i think it works more like each country gets a certain territory and that is their responsibility but they do work together logisitically and with air support etc. which is why i think if you look at afghanistan now, NATO is operating there but I dont think you see for example, a squad with a brit and an american and a frenchman and a german all mishmashed together. thats more like how UN peacekeepers operate i think. again, i could be totally wrong about this, but i think if that was the case it would be pretty hard to operate with multiple languages being used. so i think a NATO faction wouldnt be very realistic. i mean you could say we already have a nato faction, on korengal, you have the US army which is under NATO command etc.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:51   #17
chuckduck

hmmm yeah i was thinking, a NATO faction like the one i thought of would be kinda weird, but in World in Conflict, (sorry im using WiC soo much, but its what inspired me alot)

You are able to lead a NATO Task Force that consists of British and German Tanks, French and Italian Helis, with French Infantry tagging along. Yeah it would be hell trying to talk to each other in all these laguages, espescally with all the British understatements.

But if there was an invasion of Europe sureley the NATO forces would forget about their allocated combat zones and all pull their weight where its needed the most, eg. Trying to Hold the Line between east and west Germany, or all coming together to attack Soviet postitions to try and gain back land that was lost.
The forces would only really mix together i think if things were getting desperate, or a really big attack was ordered.
I dunno i wasnt even born then....thats just my idea of it.

Old 2009-04-13, 00:54   #18
supahpingi

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
I could be wrong about this, but I dont believe NATO fights with multiple different nationalities fighting side by side. i think it works more like each country gets a certain territory and that is their responsibility but they do work together logisitically and with air support etc. which is why i think if you look at afghanistan now, NATO is operating there but I dont think you see for example, a squad with a brit and an american and a frenchman and a german all mishmashed together. thats more like how UN peacekeepers operate i think. again, i could be totally wrong about this, but i think if that was the case it would be pretty hard to operate with multiple languages being used. so i think a NATO faction wouldnt be very realistic. i mean you could say we already have a nato faction, on korengal, you have the US army which is under NATO command etc.
The UN also works with different country's in different zones,just like nato
just keep iraq and nato away from this,and have a russian invasion of the US,then it will all be fine

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 02:48   #19
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

In all honesty, I can not see this project being fully integrated into PR if crated, simply because it dosen't go into the theme of the rest of PR, but also because you are talking of have clones of current stuff etc that would conflict with the current PR etc...

The only way I could see this idea working is if it was crated as a minimod to be installed along side normal PR.

Also dont forget that maps take a huge amount of time to develop and considering your planning to try sourcing most of your stuff from BSS mods etc... I would also make a plan of models you need to make from scratch....

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 05:08   #20
Sights

I think it's a good idea, certainly something I would be willing to play, so you have my support, but to be perfectly honest I agree with Rhino as to the fact that it should be downloaded separately. It wouldn't fit in as a part of the original (but then if that was your intention anyway, fantastic).

As to having a NATO faction, I can understand where you're coming from. Not only would it make things easier but it would significantly decrease file size, but then the reason just about everyone here hated Euro Forces was that it was ridiculously unrealistic to have a mishmash force from numerous different forces fighting on the one small battlefield. I would say to either go with your NATO force or just go with a West German force, since in the case of an invasion it would be through there. Vehicle choices should be made on that basis.

But whatever you choose, good luck!

Oh, by the way, WiC is an awesome game, if a little gamey at times. Have you read Red Storm Rising? Might be a good place to start if you want to get a better idea of what you're dealing with before you jump in.
Sights is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cold, desert, late, minimod, proposal, proposallate, storm, war