project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-09-17, 10:25   #51
Geronimo
Default Re: How to improve the playerbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
With regards to cheaters, same applies, if it looks peculiar, kick em, no warning, just kick. If they weren't cheating, thats a pity, but at least the non cheater will return and be a lot more cautious about their play style. Accidents happen, but its so hard in PR to look like a cheater and not be one, that its extremely unlikely you kill kick a top scorer/killer due to their excess of points.
Psyko, I kind of agree with you but the paragraph I quoted is bullshit. Because of communications, markers and sound it is very easy to look like a cheater in this game.

Also why should a non cheater be "a lot more cautious about their play style"? That doesn't make sense.

Geronimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 02:09   #52
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Psyko, I kind of agree with you but the paragraph I quoted is bullshit. Because of communications, markers and sound it is very easy to look like a cheater in this game.

Also why should a non cheater be "a lot more cautious about their play style"? That doesn't make sense.
Hold up, that's not right.

I do see people calling hacks the odd time, but when i've inspected it, it was truly BS.

Armour usually gets 30+ kills if they are good.

Infantry between 6 and 20 kills depending on skill.

That's my best estimate. (And that's also within about an hour, give or take 15 mins.)

If i saw values well in excess of those numbers i would ask other players their opinions, and i'd call those players into question.

To be honest, deviation makes aimbotting really tough, i have watched battle recorder videos and it looks like cheaters are using wallhacks more than anything else due to the inefficiency of their aimbots. not to mention the network code sabotaging the hit detection.

I admit there is a cheating problem, but i don't think cheating is the reason the players misbehave on servers, and misbehaviour is the only thing i care about personally.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 16:34   #53
MRaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
We need to seed the servers outside of FCV and teach that player base how the rest of community plays PR. Ugly truth, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
What do you mean, FCV is a great server? Please elaborate.
Viirus, here's your elaboration:

I agree with Priceline. The FCV server can be a bit cancerous at times. New players who hop on to PR for their first time and immediately join an FCV server will not be greeted very nicely and may fall under abuse from the power-hungry admins that live there. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but recently I got shot down twice over my main and the admins refused to do anything...
Last edited by MRaza; 2016-10-15 at 16:43..

Tags
improve, playerbase, spiderman thread