project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2020-02-13, 01:23   #41
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [WIP] [weapon] Type 89

yeah, fix that. Add thickness to those holes.

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-13, 18:44   #42
Hans_Strudel

Fixed holes opacity by combining thickness and additional planes, now even from top view you will not see any backfaces:

Also i solved the same problem for magazine shaft:

Now i have to choose how should i bake AO map for bolt carrier, i did both variants inside and outside rifle here are the results:

outside

inside

the most worrying part is the trace on shaft, but at the same time bolt carrier itself is better shadowed (but only for closed state, since one of detail leave a little trace below bolt carrier grip) So what should i choose?
Hans_Strudel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-17, 21:03   #43
PacificWarrior

Hi, I'm new here and frankly only arrived because I really love the Type 89 and there are approximately 0 games with any sort of tactical freedom+immersion and the Type 89 in them.

I think it's epic that somebody is actually modeling a Type 89 for PR. Thank you

Is there any overall group currently developing a JSDF by chance? Or are you prepping a model faithfully for when you or somebody actually starts that project again?
PacificWarrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-18, 14:19   #44
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWarrior View Post
Hi, I'm new here and frankly only arrived because I really love the Type 89 and there are approximately 0 games with any sort of tactical freedom+immersion and the Type 89 in them.

I think it's epic that somebody is actually modeling a Type 89 for PR. Thank you

Is there any overall group currently developing a JSDF by chance? Or are you prepping a model faithfully for when you or somebody actually starts that project again?
I think Hans is planning to develop JSDF

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-18, 19:51   #45
PacificWarrior

That's awesome. Keep on lads.

PacificWarrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-19, 22:20   #46
Hans_Strudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWarrior View Post

Yeah, trying to revive previous attempt of another group long time ago (10 years?). Check faction concept if you want more info.
Old 2020-02-19, 22:38   #47
Hans_Strudel

Export tools feels so fragile!

Anyway, i did some minor changes, remade UV map for better quality of sights, and got all needed maps. Normal and diffuse maps are ready for export (specular is ready but i need some time to understand how to implement it into aplha channel of normal map) and here is the result (keep in mind this is 4/2k resolution):

(the reason of all UV rework have been done):

BUT.... i got visible seams -

Am i did something wrong? is it padding issue? i blame it because i exported textures with no padding at all. Am i right about it?
Last edited by Hans_Strudel; 2020-02-19 at 22:47..
Old Yesterday, 03:16   #48
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Strudel View Post
Export tools feels so fragile!

Anyway, i did some minor changes, remade UV map for better quality of sights, and got all needed maps. Normal and diffuse maps are ready for export (specular is ready but i need some time to understand how to implement it into aplha channel of normal map) and here is the result (keep in mind this is 4/2k resolution):

(the reason of all UV rework have been done):

BUT.... i got visible seams -

Am i did something wrong? is it padding issue? i blame it because i exported textures with no padding at all. Am i right about it?
nice work, though its a bit shiny

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:49   #49
Hans_Strudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
nice work, though its a bit shiny
Specular map isn't present since i am dumb and can't understand how add it into alpha channel.

Btw this seams is padding problem.
Old Yesterday, 07:45   #50
bouya_tetsu
Supporting Member

it looks super cool
bouya_tetsu is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
type, type89, weapon, wip