project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2019-05-06, 11:36   #31
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: PRstats site idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
You can see what weapon, kit, people get kills with in the PRTracker json file.
No, json is not store this. You can get it from parsing prdemo file, but as I said before you will not get detailed statistics. You not see overall and detailed accuracy, which is most important thing (as for me).
fenriz9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 12:35   #32
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: PRstats site idea

First of all are we talking about same thing fenriz9000? The prdemo is a binary file, not a json. Second of all, it does hold the information that FFG mentions, it stores it all. Otherwise the PR Tracker replay couldn't show that information neither

Example binary prtracker demo:
https://eu3.prta.co/servers/prbf2/1/...onflict.PRdemo
Example of tracker replay:
https://eu3.prta.co/servers/prbf2/tr...onflict.PRdemo

I personally pars(ed) the prtracker demo's for map statistics but honestly the biggest hurdle there is proper parsing and storage as said. And I'm also too incompetent and lazy to do it properly. I think for global stats we are better off to store the same information that the pr tracker stores directly into a database for all live servers. The workaround by using prtracker demos for stats seems unnecessary.

I think global stats are really good things to have for a game community/development team. Personal stats would be a 'bonus' for people who like such a thing but most people agree that PR isn't that type of game where stats matter.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 03:54   #33
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: PRstats site idea

Sorry I haven't read this topic in any detail but regarding how stats could be done, BF2 has its own stats tracker system built into it, which even back in the days of PRMM v0.2 to around v0.5/6, used a modified version for its old "GloryHoundz Stats" and while eventually you might with a lot of work be able to get a much better stat system using the BF2 Demos, why not just use the existing system if anyone is keen enough to put the work in to reactivate it? Example of the vBF2 stats, which also does have "K : D for just jets" even, but no exact stats for each weapon/vehicle but might be possible to rework the vBF2 stat system to get that: https://www.bf2hub.com/player/Clubradio

I can't say I remember how it works, iirc the code is mainly built into the python and each weapon/vehicle code so a lot of changes would be needed to be made to the core files which would be a bit of a problem but if someone was truly serious and keen enough about putting in the massive amount of work to do this, we might be able to give them access to the core repo files to make it easier to do this, but would take some convincing to set up that level of access so quite a bit of POC work would need to be done outside of the repo beforehand.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 11:40   #34
[R-CON]​Avram
PR:BF2 Contributor
Arrow Re: PRstats site idea

Hello everyone!

Last year in May, during the pandemic lockdown, I quietly re-launched www.prstats.tk with a new option to track individual matches. I didn't tell anyone about the re-launch, as I'm building this for myself primarily (to practice SQL queries and to satisfy my need of looking at the stats), but I know some of you guys re-discovered the site on your own (special thanks to Nate for letting me know it wasn't picking up data between 2021-03-01 and 2021-03-03).

Yesterday I finally finished and rolled-out the long due redesign of the site. Along with the new, responsive design, there are a couple of new features added:
  • Pagination! You can now access whole match history of each player/server
  • Graphs! You can see daily/weekly player/server activity on their pages as well as global trends on the "Home" and "Players" pages
  • New, unified player/clan/server search
  • New avatars! A random user avatar is generated for each player based on their name

This is not much, but most of my efforts went into the new visual appearance (design) anyway, so I think that's cool. I think the data is more readable now than before.

A couple of features I'm thinking about implementing:
  • New "Maps" page where all the maps will be listed with their own play history and stats
  • "Claim profile" feature where you could claim your player profile and... I don't know, change your avatar?
  • Ability to follow people and get notified when they play (I think the previous point must be implemented before doing this)

I know the site is not perfect and the data it collects might not be most accurate, but given how PRSpy works and that I'm getting ALL the data from PRSpy, I think it works decently.

I looked into parsing demo files, and it's A LOT of work (including a new website which would display parsed data), which wouldn't be such a problem (though it could take months, or even years to develop something useful) if there was a unified way to obtain these demo files from all servers easily and automatically.

I won't get into all the "toxicity the site brings out" discussion too much (though I'll gladly hear any constructive criticism). I mean, look at my stats... I am terrible at this game + I don't really have time to play game and improve my stats (only when I send my kid to his grandparents ), but I can't help it, I just love looking at these stats. When I think about it... this is more a tracker site than a statistics site, and I'm only showing K/D as there's pretty much nothing else to show (other than player score and playtime).

Cheers!

Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 12:27   #35
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: PRstats site idea

The site looks really nice and has gone a long way since last I checked it.

First things I missed when seeing the new clan category: A search for clans and/or a link from a player to his clans. Currently I am struggling to see how bad the R-DEV clan really is

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 12:33   #36
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: PRstats site idea

Looking Awesome so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Currently I am struggling to see how bad the R-DEV clan really is
Dev's don't play

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 12:37   #37
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: PRstats site idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
I am struggling to see how bad the R-DEV clan really is
Time for secret dev hax!



Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 12:58   #38
UncleSmek

UncleSmek's Avatar
Default Re: PRstats site idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram View Post
Hello everyone!

Last year in May, during the pandemic lockdown, I quietly re-launched www.prstats.tk with a new option to track individual matches. I didn't tell anyone about the re-launch, as I'm building this for myself primarily (to practice SQL queries and to satisfy my need of looking at the stats), but I know some of you guys re-discovered the site on your own (special thanks to Nate for letting me know it wasn't picking up data between 2021-03-01 and 2021-03-03).

Yesterday I finally finished and rolled-out the long due redesign of the site. Along with the new, responsive design, there are a couple of new features added:
  • Pagination! You can now access whole match history of each player/server
  • Graphs! You can see daily/weekly player/server activity on their pages as well as global trends on the "Home" and "Players" pages
  • New, unified player/clan/server search
  • New avatars! A random user avatar is generated for each player based on their name

This is not much, but most of my efforts went into the new visual appearance (design) anyway, so I think that's cool. I think the data is more readable now than before.

A couple of features I'm thinking about implementing:
  • New "Maps" page where all the maps will be listed with their own play history and stats
  • "Claim profile" feature where you could claim your player profile and... I don't know, change your avatar?
  • Ability to follow people and get notified when they play (I think the previous point must be implemented before doing this)

I know the site is not perfect and the data it collects might not be most accurate, but given how PRSpy works and that I'm getting ALL the data from PRSpy, I think it works decently.

I looked into parsing demo files, and it's A LOT of work (including a new website which would display parsed data), which wouldn't be such a problem (though it could take months, or even years to develop something useful) if there was a unified way to obtain these demo files from all servers easily and automatically.

I won't get into all the "toxicity the site brings out" discussion too much (though I'll gladly hear any constructive criticism). I mean, look at my stats... I am terrible at this game + I don't really have time to play game and improve my stats (only when I send my kid to his grandparents ), but I can't help it, I just love looking at these stats. When I think about it... this is more a tracker site than a statistics site, and I'm only showing K/D as there's pretty much nothing else to show (other than player score and playtime).

Cheers!
Thanks man!
Very gud stuff
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 13:43   #39
[R-CON]​Avram
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: PRstats site idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
The site looks really nice and has gone a long way since last I checked it.
Thanks! It was about time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
First things I missed when seeing the new clan category: A search for clans and/or a link from a player to his clans. Currently I am struggling to see how bad the R-DEV clan really is
The top right search returns players, clans and servers (in that order). The icon next to the search result (name) indicates type of the result, and it will match the icons from the main menu on the left.

...but devs obviously do not set [R-DEV] as their clan tag, so you'll have to check them one by one

edit: Also, if the player belongs to a clan, it is linked right below their name in their profile.

Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 22:04   #40
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: PRstats site idea

I see, that explains it. Could there be any way to recognize tags that are not using the bf2 tag system? I think there are quite a lot of clans/communities that dont use the bf2 tag as the their tag is too long for it.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
idea, prstats, site
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52.