project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
19 Sep 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2014-07-12, 18:37   #1
ShortBusDeathSquad
Default Left Shift locked by Helicopter Controls

First time using the mod for this game. That menu music is hypnotic! Thank you! Anway.....

I always use left shift for crouching in games so I tried to bind it in the common options. After being told it was bound in the other 4 categories I then made sure to I clear it in them. But I'm still being told "duplicate key found in helicopter controls" So it appears it's hardbound even though it doesn't even show up in the Helicopter controls. (For future update consider having the message say specifically what function the key is assigned to so that it's easier to deal with the "duplicate key")

Searching the Controls.con file but I don't know what "IDKey" applies to left shift. Google not much of a friend these day!

I tried using the ingame screencap (just in case I am BLIND) but Print Screen just captures a black page (maybe another bug). Ended up using MyIMgur:

Thanks.

Edit: I found out that this also happens with vanilla BF2 (which won't even start for me BTW) and the way to take care of it is to find the Controls.con file in your profile folder (I did this in both the PR and vanilla BF2 profile folders) and open it with notepad. From the Edit menu select "replace" then type leftshift in the first box and leave the second box blank, then hit "replace all" and save it. Now you can bind leftshift to anything you want without conflict.
Last edited by ShortBusDeathSquad; 2014-07-12 at 19:17..
Old 2014-07-12, 19:23   #2
StevePl4y5

Default Re: Left Shift locked by Helicopter Controls

Left Shift doesn't even do anything in helicopters as far as I know.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 21:01   #3
ShortBusDeathSquad

That's the crazy part about it. Yet it's bound to it inside the controls.con file! LOL And when I deleted that, it then got bound to the boat for no particular reason even though it didn't actually show up as such. That's why I said to delete ALL occurrences of Leftshift. Now it's free to be used any way I like. BTW, does BF2 support the mouse wheel because someone asked me how to change or bind it but all I saw were the mouse movement axis. Thanks.
ShortBusDeathSquad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 21:21   #4
StevePl4y5

Well, you use the mouse wheel to select weapons. So I guess.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 14:19   #5
space1
Thumbs up Re: Left Shift locked by Helicopter Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusDeathSquad View Post
Edit: I found out that this also happens with vanilla BF2 (which won't even start for me BTW) and the way to take care of it is to find the Controls.con file in your profile folder (I did this in both the PR and vanilla BF2 profile folders) and open it with notepad. From the Edit menu select "replace" then type leftshift in the first box and leave the second box blank, then hit "replace all" and save it. Now you can bind leftshift to anything you want without conflict.
Thank you this helped me a lot, also for PR 1.4.11 the location of the profiles are in My Documents Project Reality folder depending how many users that you have on your machine 001 or 002 etc.

I had to figure that out.
space1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 06:03   #6
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I've never been able to bind left shift either, so hacking the controls.con file is the way to go .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 16:42   #7
Pvt. Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
Left Shift doesn't even do anything in helicopters as far as I know.
I know I am am 4 years late xD but left shift actually does something...it moves the Osprey's engienes from the vertical position to the forward position.
That means u can't fly the Osprey propery unless you bind something to move it's engienes.
Pvt. Andrew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 16:49   #8
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester

Have you tried pressing W?
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 09:21   #9
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator