project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
11 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2018-10-09, 18:33   #221
anantdeathhawk
Default Re: [WIP] [Vehicle] Super Etendard

All done as said except capping the back side of the foot wells.

Screens:

Thanks!

anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 07:42   #222
anantdeathhawk

I am moving to UV the cockpit how many sheets should i make?
-for cockpit piece
-canopy glass
-buttons and ejection handle

Thanks.

Old 2018-11-26, 09:14   #223
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I think the glass we can likely use one of our existing glass textures. Outside of that the entire 1p interior should be on one sheet all together. Buttons included. Do know the engine supports rectangular sheets as well so don't need to stick to a square format if that doesn't work well.

But as usual, perhaps best to ask Rhino for exact ideal size and texture setup.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 11:35   #224
anantdeathhawk

@[R-DEV]RHINO Feedback please!?

Old 2018-11-26, 17:30   #225
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Can't really see anything with the skeleton in the way and you've left out the most important screenshot, what it looks like from the 1st person perspective. Also your rudder pedals are nothing like what they are in r/l:

From F-16 sim: https://www.virginexperiencedays.co....r-14080612.jpg

Also once you've done that, best send me what you have before begging to UV it.

Last edited by Rhino; 2018-11-26 at 18:53..
Old 2018-11-27, 14:16   #226
anantdeathhawk

I thought you wanted it 2D and would apply texture for 3D look. Yeah i'll post the 1st person view as well.
Thanks!

Old 2018-11-27, 15:28   #227
anantdeathhawk

Update:
Cockpit glass remains to be made.
Camera view is done. Camera FOV as per BF2/PR.
SCREENS:

Thanks!

Latest File Sent in PM.

Old 2018-11-27, 19:05   #228
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Well first of all few jets in PR (and especially vBF2 which just has a totally removed area below the forward displays) have their Rudder Pedals actually modelled, not even the Harrier which just has the footwells in total darkness. I wouldn't recommend this thou as even thou players will only see details like this when looking down into the cockpit, it is still worth having them, if done correctly since they don't take up that much extra UV space, tris or texture memory, which is only loaded by the players who enter the vehicle so it is all fine to go into these extra details nowadays, but ye no point going overboard with them, making things the player will not see even when looking down etc.

First of all this area here is the most important part of your cockpit, the view straight ahead which is what players will be seeing 90% of the time, less if they use their POV views a lot or free cams etc but ye, that is your most important area. Note this shot has been taken of the 3rd person cockpit from the current export of the SupEt, which has no real textures etc yet but you should get the idea.

One jet in PR that does have some Rudder Pedals made, and more or less correctly (although the cockpit really could do with a better/much stronger AO map and better textures etc) is the Tornado. It probably doesn't need the side and bottom sides modelled on them and probably could even get away with the top side being removed but since that is an only an extra 4 tris total and not much UV space that's worth it in this case.

Note they are not visible in normal view, you have to look down to see them:

Anyways moving on to your cockpit, first a better shot of the SupEt rudder pedals.

Also don't forget about this manual, has lots of good refs and explains a lot, even if it is in French: http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en...rd-tome-1.html

Now when I said ages ago "2D Rudder Pedals" I meant just making them a flat, 2D face where they are, with no inside detail and doing that indent in them with the textures/normals. As such the front of your new are fine for that, but you've also modelled their backfaces no one will see unless somehow they can crouch down into the cockpit and stick their head behind them to see
You also don't want those old lump things you made behind them, they wouldn't be there in r/l since they slide back and forwards when you push them, a bit like these (but natrually wont ingame): https://www.relictech.co.za/wp-conte...PART-37175.jpg

As for making their side faces, I don't think its worth the extra tris in this case, or if you do, only the ones you can see when looking down from the cockpit position. Rember to delete all the faces you can't see from the sitting position, as you won't just save tris but UV space too, that otherwise goes to waste.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:29   #229
anantdeathhawk

Update:
Things may not be as proper you want, take a look into the model when you can, and i have deleted most faces, not all, which won't show up when in a sitting position.

SCREENS:
Objects that make up the cockpit.

Thanks!

New File sent in PM

Tags
etendard, super, vehicle, wip