project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-11-04, 15:23   #61
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Default Re: Traction Wars (WW2 Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
babble
Pretty harsh (and faulty) opinion on something you've never played.
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 15:55   #62
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

I seriously don't like the width of that minimap. It's definitely smaller than RO2 and very akeen to the smallest maps in FH2. That itself is a strong indication that they're taking the arcadey route. Without flanking maneuver there is no reason to stick to the squad since the path is channeled for you. Of course I will wait until I see more of it as it can be fun nevertheless.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 17:33   #63
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
Pretty harsh (and faulty) opinion on something you've never played.
Lmao, seriously? I criticise TW as much as I criticise Casual Wars: Battlefuck 3, and I base my critique on what has been given to me in terms of features and visuals, sometimes my experience in similar games of the same genre if I hadn't yet had the oppurtunity to play them myself - and in this case I've played just about every major game in the WW2 FPS genre outside of the MoH-series(I did play MoH and MoH:PA though). I'm sorry I'm not amazed by the ability to drop rally points or call in (off-map!) mortards.

You're free to disagree with me, but if you say I'm wrong I would like to see something that supports that statement otherwise I'm inclined to just let you bark.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 00:50   #64
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder View Post
I seriously don't like the width of that minimap. It's definitely smaller than RO2 and very akeen to the smallest maps in FH2. That itself is a strong indication that they're taking the arcadey route. Without flanking maneuver there is no reason to stick to the squad since the path is channeled for you. Of course I will wait until I see more of it as it can be fun nevertheless.
Yes I have asked the same question in the link I provided, and they said that it was a small scale testing, but when it comes out, the whole map will be open.

Frontliner, I accept your criticism, I see your point of view. Now, which feature do you think would be fantastic in TW? Do you have any ideas to share so that we can suggest it to the devs?
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 12:28   #65
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

A little necro, but here goes..

This game has been renamed a while ago from Traction Wars to Vanguard: Normandy 1944. It's no longer aimed to be free to play either. Read all about it here:

https://www.tractionwars.com/index.html

Anyway, they've launched a Kickstarter campaign and at this moment are 70% funded: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...normandy-1944/

You can fund the game from as little as £10 / €11 / $13, which also gets you the game when it releases, including Early Access.

Why this game when there's Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose? Well, it's another Indie Developer, trying to create an interesting game. This game focuses on squad based infantry combat. And it's quite cheap, so why not?

Give them a little push and help get them funded!

Last edited by AfterDune; 2018-09-30 at 12:40..
Old 2018-10-02, 11:03   #66
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You're free to disagree with me, but if you say I'm wrong I would like to see something that supports that statement otherwise I'm inclined to just let you bark.
I basically said that you should calm your attitude and wait until you're actually able to play the game - before you make premature conclusions and assumptions. Not sure what information has been given to you, but the info I got sounds and looks promising. You should check your own statements first before posting btw.
Old 2018-10-02, 11:14   #67
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Default Re: Vanguard: Normandy 1944 (WW2 PC Game)

Frontliner you're not allowed to respond until 2021. Can't let him win this battle of most delayed response.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 17:54   #68
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member

They only need a couple hundred dollars / euros, so back them if you like what you see .

FYI, next planned factions are Canadians and the Free French. Pretty interesting to see those.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 07:40   #69
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member

They're fully funded now .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 23:42   #70
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Frontliner you're not allowed to respond until 2021. Can't let him win this battle of most delayed response.
lmao, didn't notice

Tags
1944, game, normandy, traction, vanguard, wars, ww2