project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
28 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2009-06-19, 22:10   #21
Nemus
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

Actually whats the difference between a bullfight's spectator and a man who pick up a rifle in PC games and starts killing people? And he feels so great when he makes a triple kill or a long range headshot?
I think they both have the same insticts. Its not an excuse that in PC its not real. We all try to simulate it in our mind as real. Otherwise why we looking for so much realism in graphics, gameplay etc?

Personaly i dont like bullfights but before i send all toreadors to hell i think i must force myself to keep in my hard disk only Puzzle Bobble or something similar....
Nemus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 22:11   #22
LithiumFox

LithiumFox's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

So kind of like... how people in america are just complete assholes to each other and everyone around us?
Seriously...
=) There are many things in this world i don't understand

Quote:
Catholic lady: "YOUR GOING TO HELL FOR HAVING AN ABORTION. MURDERER!"

Lady: "It's my right"

Me: ".... > > So if she's going to hell.. that just means you have more room? =/ And don't we kill people everyday in the middle east? Murder is murder right? So i guess that means every person who has ever killed anything should be one. And lady... if there is a god, hope you enjoy burning. But hey, i'm not religious so i'll probably be there with you"
actually..

this just reminds me of everything i could care less about

1. Abortion

2. Gay rights (seriously, who cares if marriage is between a man and a woman. If they want to say that they are tied to each other, who's stopping us. If god wants to step in and kill every gay person that gets married, that's his prerogative. Actually, it'd be kinda funny to see people spontaneously combust ^_^)

3. Animal Rights- Seriously, the only reason they have rights is because we gave ourselves rights. "Well animals should have the same rights as humans" ... you do realize that the we gave ourselves those rights... right? We don't really have "rights". we have "choice" and we have chose to follow a set of rules and standards for OURSELVES. =/ I'm happy we have rights for animals and humans, but they are all man-made, therefore NOT NATURAL.

4. Religion/Evolution/Idiocy. Please do not express your ideas on me like you know all. You don't. You're a human, and for some reason the only people who tell me to believe in a GOD are usually of a smaller IQ, and tend to be like Sheople. (sheep + people) I'm sorry, but I wont believe in something if 12 other people are saying otherwise. If you're all right... then who's wrong?

5. Forums- Seriously? WTH? Look at 4Chan. It's disturbing. You guys are crazy

17. The numbers 6-16. They're useless. :P

20. My own opinions- I'm a single person. Why should I always listen to myself? Others have great ideas. Why is it "what i say goes?". Why can't people be more like "Hey we should do this" instead of "So you're going to do that? That's stupid."

besides, my opinions suck, i'm miserable (with or without religion. I'm chronically depressed. ^_^) and to be 100% honest,

COMPLETELY OFFTOPIC


and nemus? WTH? thats more offtopic than i am!

We wernt relating PC violence to real violence. I'm all for PC violence... =) simply because i'm not actually harming someone, it's just stimulation ^_^ And i take my anger out on everyone in video games.


=) By stealthfully not dying ^_^


[url="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 22:48   #23
DanishPride

DanishPride's Avatar
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

a butcher doesn't torture the bulls ... the stick spears in the side of the bull too make it weeker so that the matador has a chance and the he sticks more spears into it during the fight.... the butcher thing is so we can eat the matador thing is for enjoyment(spelling?).

Matador in my eyes = Pitiful

In-Game: Makemebad[DK]
DanishPride is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 23:09   #24
Nemus
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

LithiumFox yes maby you want it for stimulate as you say.
But you want it as real as it can be.
Why?
Why killing people and not play kickbox or something similar?
Have you ever thinked that all about "take anger out" is just an excuse?

And I dont relate PC and RL. I related a spectator of real violence with a player who wants to spectate violence.

I mean you have a problem to watch a toreador killing a bull but you dont have problem to feel as much real as it can be that you killing people?
Nemus is offline
Last edited by Nemus; 2009-06-19 at 23:14..
Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 23:29   #25
(HUN)Rud3bwoy
Supporting Member

(HUN)Rud3bwoy's Avatar
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

Are we really talking about how happy we would be if a matador got killed by a bull?
I dont understand people anymore...
So we have millions dying of famine, poor medical conditions, war etc, but thats nothing... the spanish are killing bulls!
Of course it is your business if you are defending animals so much(I could care less), but if you think that is torture: do you think that in the wilderness when for example lions jump their prey, the prey will die in matter of seconds? No. It struggels for a long long time, and more worse if the lions are hungry enough and the prey is exhausted enough they could as well start eating it while it is alive...
Or ever heard of orcas "play" with their prey before eating it?

If you are passionate about animals it is your business, but if you place the lives of animals before human's lives, then there is something wrong. Very wrong....

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" [I found it!] but "That's funny . . . "
(HUN)Rud3bwoy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 23:50   #26
Expendable Grunt

Expendable Grunt's Avatar
Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
Wanna explain how i am delusional and sheltered?I need food to survive,like all of you,and i need animal protein as well,to keep up my strength and muscle's in tiptop condition,thats why instead of hunting we developed such instutions.
Have you ever SEEN an industrial cattle farm? Or chicken farm? It isn't some free-range happy go lucky field were you run around all life. If it was, you wouldn't be able to afford meat. It's just as sick, if not sicker than bull fighting.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
And your logic is similair to someone saying,its OK to torture a baby,as long he/she is his/her offspring.Logic being:he/she wouldnt even born in the first place,without you.So i own the baby and can do whatever i want.
Wrong. We do not own people. Puppies are not sentient. Your argument fails.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
The thing between a puppy and a bull is its eatability ,i dont know how they are different other than that.Since Chinese eat dogs,i think it'd still fit in your logic,thus a puppy is a perfect example.
Dog tastes fine. Try it sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
Just youtube/wikipedia/google any bull "fight".
I've watched them. I like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
Thats one of the things that frustrates me,burning jews along with their cats used to be among rituals,hanging black people every weekend and turning this event into a family picnic was a ritual,gladiator fights in a way were a ritual for Romans etc. etc.
All of which involve sentient creatures. See the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
About show part,yeah that was my point+the thing that frustrates me most,there is no bravery involved,less skill than it meets the eye etc.However,during this "show" some animal is in severe pain.
Then don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you to. I don't watch things *I* don't like, and I sure as hell don't often complain about them (racing).

M.


Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 00:08   #27
hiberNative

hiberNative's Avatar
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

i don't like it. the bull is aware and it hasn't done anything. it doesn't deserve getting poked to death because people think it's fun to watch. i don't care if it's a tradition.

kill it with one chop to the neck with a sword and then eat it. i'd say that'd be ok.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 06:16   #28
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Rudd's Avatar
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahpingi View Post
Having worked in a slaughterhouse,i can speak from an expercence that there is a great difference between bullfight/other animals and slauhgtering of animals for production causes,sre the animals die,but they die in a more painlessway then they die in nature themselfs(a pen shot in he brains to causse the nerves to stop working instantly,assuring no pain and conciousness)
With bullfights they just stck pens in the back/torsooff the bulls,resulting in much pain for the bull and much lulz for the spanish people,make up for yourself what you like more.
I meant no offense to your profession. Many countries do indeed slaughter and treat their animals humanely, with a high quality of life. However practices such as battery henhouses are I'm sure you will agree, disgusting.

Battery Hen Welfare Trust


Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 10:49   #29
supahpingi

supahpingi's Avatar
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
I meant no offense to your profession. Many countries do indeed slaughter and treat their animals humanely, with a high quality of life. However practices such as battery henhouses are I'm sure you will agree, disgusting.

Battery Hen Welfare Trust
Did not take it as an offence,no worries,just pointing out since alot of people dont actually know how animals get slaughtered,it also depends on the type of slaughterhouse they get slaughtered,for example Halal slaughterhouses slaughter religious,also in the west where the cow for example gets his throat slit,wich is not exactly a nice way to die.

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 11:45   #30
Kruder

Kruder's Avatar
Default Re: Dont you feel happy when a bull...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Have you ever SEEN an industrial cattle farm? Or chicken farm? It isn't some free-range happy go lucky field were you run around all life. If it was, you wouldn't be able to afford meat. It's just as sick, if not sicker than bull fighting.




Wrong. We do not own people. Puppies are not sentient. Your argument fails.




Dog tastes fine. Try it sometime.



I've watched them. I like them.



All of which involve sentient creatures. See the difference?



Then don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you to. I don't watch things *I* don't like, and I sure as hell don't often complain about them (racing).

M.

-Still find it interesting that people cant tell the difference(killing for fun vs. killing eating).

-Who decides what is sentient and not?You?Your grandfather?USG?
For example,for me you dont look sentient as well.Is there an authority somewhere deciciding what is sentient and what is not?What about Chimps,dolphins and whales?

Btw babies arent sentient either.And i am well sure that Bulls hav somewhat primitive intelligence and more importantly THEY FEEL PAIN.Its not a robot

-You practically own the baby,just like you own a pet puppy.YOu have same responsibilites dictated by the law on both,the difference is the sentences you'll get .Though its more like lease with the child,once he/she is +18/+17/+whatever you do not own him.
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
arena, bull, bullfight, feel, happy, sadistic
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 13:47.