project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-01-13, 15:14   #1
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Default Remove commo rose voice

Why do we still need it?
- We have mumble
- No one really uses it, sq-chat could be used instead
- A lot of sentences are off
- Some parts are not fully synchronized, like GER still using some bf2 sounds
- They are the reason why we do not have a lot of per-map faction varity as these sounds can only be set per map and not per layer

Just to clarify: Only remove the emitted voice not the chat or the commo rose alltogether.

Things to consider when removing:
- Muh immersion
- Supply requests wont be seen everytime by the trans squad

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 10:43   #2
solidfire93

Default Re: Remove commo rose voice

solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 12:02   #3
Geronimo

rip ghostwolf

Geronimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 12:16   #4
CAS_ual_TY

I was asked about this in teamspeak and why I would suggest something like this.

Basically:

We sacrifice a lot of different factions on the same map, as these voices are set per map, not per layer for, well... these voices.

Might only be me, but I think having completely different factions on some maps could be really interesting. Would also require some work of course, that needs to be kept in mind.

Old 2018-01-30, 13:09   #5
T.E.D.F4257845

For many, commo rose is something that makes the game more fun every now and then. Would it be the French Commander with his amazing lines, Brit CO with her high pitch voice, german grunts telling that you have an E-Mail when throwing smoke, Amazing chinese callouts etc.

Not everything that doesn't have practical use or is somewhat broken needs fixing / removing. It's what makes this game/mod so much more fun than other mainstream games.
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 13:23   #6
Psyko

Agreed, but i say dismantle commo rose and only leave behind what is truly needed.

i cant even understand why those voice functions still exist. it promotes a lack of teamwork to have things like, yes and no, instead of forcing people to get microphones and actually say "yes" and "NO!".

obviously keep "i need medic" purely becuase that helps medics see you on the map, and you can search for a nearby medic on your map.

But why is "i need transport" still in the commorose when is doesnt show up in text, and also you should communicate to your squad leader that you need a lift and he organizes it for you.

But a lot of the functions are not needed. example "go go go!" and "fall back!" those are really silly imo.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 15:08   #7
VTRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
We sacrifice a lot of different factions on the same map, as these voices are set per map, not per layer for, well... these voices.

Might only be me, but I think having completely different factions on some maps could be really interesting. Would also require some work of course, that needs to be kept in mind.
I really dislike the fact, that we have to play same thing over and over again, like USA, Germany, French, British, basically whole nato vs. MEC, China and Russians. Really, i understand that conflict between say brits and frenchies is very unlikely, but hey. having 8 seats in chinook, using a rope to get on the roof, getting revived 10th time and not dying is unrealistic aswell. Hell, maybe USA is going to sell the whole euro-nato thingy to russians for something like neutrality in war between them and China, who knows lol? Anyway, PR always was, and will always be relatively realistic, teamwork oriented shooter, not a simulator. The goal is to have fun, right? People seem to dislike these fixed alwaysbluefor vs alwaysopfor faction. Like how many of you actually like being MEC or some insurgents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
- They are the reason why we do not have a lot of per-map faction varity as these sounds can only be set per map and not per layer

Just to clarify: Only remove the emitted voice not the chat or the commo rose alltogether.

But enough of my bitterness, which is kinda offtopic anyway. I'm really after this. We don't need that annoying crap, which is mostly used by micless people. If that's the price for having some dem variety, then I think we can live with that.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 15:24   #8
DesertFox284

IMHO, this would take away from the game. Any FPS multiplayer game with different nations I played has them yelling stuff out in their native language. It adds to the overall atmosphere.
Game would feel extremely weird if there were no callouts at all.
If you remove voices but keep text, it would be like controlling mute people. If you remove voices and text, then noone will notice your supply request or you saying sorry. Even for variety sake, this would be taking away too much.
DesertFox284 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 16:42   #9
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

I like the idea much.

Having empty soundfiles for the commorose radios would be really nice.
No problems anymore with multiple factions in a map with team languages.

Quote:
Game would feel extremely weird if there were no callouts at all.
It feels also weird when you play MEC or RU and everyone keep talking english in mumble.
It feels also weird when someone calls for medic/ammo and the same voice answering "here"
It feels also weird when some people are wounded and calling for medic via commorose or mumble to tell teammates in which bush the enemy is/was.

Far off from reality; OR NOT?

Sidenote:

Last days i played Sareema and the SL told the whole squad atleast 20 times TO NOT USE COMMOROSE because the enemy can hear it - 7 of 8 followed the order ..... except one guy.

Sometimes you have some hyperactive childs (and i mean childs) who calling 5 times medic because they got a scratch. Also telling them "hey please wait, medics are busy we come for you later" doesn't work.
Talking and explaining why not doing this to such childs doesn't work. IT DOESN'T WORK. Story ends for him kicked from the squad and he called the SL in textchat "YOU FUCKING N....."

About german faction and voices :

Can we have the soundfiles from FH2 for them ???
Hearing the current german soundfiles sounds like the soldiers are bored, totally relaxed .... missing the dramatic in the voices.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 17:00   #10
CAS_ual_TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Fastjack View Post
[...]

About german faction and voices :

Can we have the soundfiles from FH2 for them ???
Hearing the current german soundfiles sounds like the soldiers are bored, totally relaxed .... missing the dramatic in the voices.
They are only partially done as well. Some sounds are still old vBF2 sounds

edit: woops just realized I already mentioned that

Tags
commo, remove, rose, voice