project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
25 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-26, 05:53   #61
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Alert (4km) [WIP]

thats the purpose of being mounted, if squads incorporate armour into their units they will be victorious. As soon as someone realizes how to play properly, people start copying them. If we design maps that require players to adapt, and to develop new tactics that keeps the game fresh, interesting, and challenging. If new maps facilitate no new tactics, theyre not very interesting.

Of course you can produce a crap map where armour is overwhelming, and whoever has the active 30mm or 25mm cannon wins, is bad, but if it ends up being entirely playable, and unique, then that should be the goal of every mapper. There's nothing wrong with being experimental in map making
Last edited by 40mmrain; 2013-01-26 at 06:00..
Old 2013-01-29, 05:53   #62
zombie-yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
thats the purpose of being mounted, if squads incorporate armour into their units they will be victorious. As soon as someone realizes how to play properly, people start copying them. If we design maps that require players to adapt, and to develop new tactics that keeps the game fresh, interesting, and challenging. If new maps facilitate no new tactics, theyre not very interesting.

Of course you can produce a crap map where armour is overwhelming, and whoever has the active 30mm or 25mm cannon wins, is bad, but if it ends up being entirely playable, and unique, then that should be the goal of every mapper. There's nothing wrong with being experimental in map making

I totally support that statement.

Old 2013-02-08, 18:42   #63
[R-DEV]​CTRifle
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle

Little update, working on packing all the custom stuff and also did this

I wanted the CF to have something else other than a chinook so I retextured the Huey and made it drop CF crates instead of US. Still have to test this tho, for those wondering I copied and pasted the whole huey file and renamed it. Anyone know if this will work? Hope so :P

EDIT: Didnt work, is there a way to load just the custom texture and the .tweak so I can make it drop CF crates?

Ill post pics of the crevices? that Lucky made for me once there packed and in game properly

Last edited by [R-DEV]CTRifle; 2013-02-08 at 19:42..
Old 2013-02-08, 21:10   #64
zombie-yellow

The door texture on the wall really annoys me lol other than that, awesome work on these textures !

Old 2013-02-08, 22:59   #65
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

eeuh , ctrifle, you might want to read this:
You people claim we don't work. - Project Reality Forums

nice work tho!

Old 2013-02-08, 23:05   #66
[R-DEV]​CTRifle

Shat... totally forgot about that. Luckily I didnt spend much time on that..

Old 2013-02-08, 23:12   #67
zombie-yellow

WOOHOO !!!! CH-146 with M134 Miniguns !!!!! The shit is real ! =D !!!! cantwaitcantwaitcantwait

Canada ftw =)

Old 2013-02-12, 01:59   #68
HughJass

i've always wanted to do a map like this, base it in tiksi (somewhere in north russia) do you consider putting a sort of chunk of glacier ice between the coast and the ocean?

Old 2013-02-12, 02:11   #69
[R-DEV]​CTRifle

I was thinking more on the lines of big iceberg, but I could prob do some icey type land mass between them

Old 2013-02-12, 08:33   #70
The_MDexs

Yea Map Is awsome but the name.....

MDexs
Closed Thread

Tags
2km, 4km, alert, concept, map, wip