project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2019-09-13, 20:11   #11
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: AGM114 missile tweaking

Are you trying to host a BF2 server with these modifications? Or are you trying to join an existing BF2 heli-war server?

I'm asking again as it seemed like that from Discord. It does not sound like you want to mess around with creating a mod, rather you want tweaks to help you in heli-wars on an existing server, evident by your example where you claimed that "each player has different tweak".

We are talking about server-side modifications. You are talking about player configurations. You cannot change these things as the client.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-13, 20:23   #12
potential

First of all Thank you for answering, when i first saw your name answering people, i think it was (Chopper flight models) topic, i knew i must find you, you just seem to know everything about it, i have been looking for you my whole life, hehe

so back to the lines you put out

1) Decrease missile speed + increase TTL
Code:
ObjectTemplate.maxSpeed 125
ObjectTemplate.timeToLive CRD_NONE/3.5/0/0

#i think i have tweaked those lines back in the days, in which way does it play with the missile
(MaxSpeed is the maximum speed the missile can travel, I think) , does decreasing makes it more manuverable? have any thoughts how low i should go on that, i ask that because i have heard values must be perfect and synched with eachother

# ObjectTemplate.timeToLive CRD_NONE/3.5/0/0 - what does TimeToLive has to do with missile responsiveness,manuverability? - this is the setting, how long missile will stay in air i think
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Move camera back, so you'll get larger FOV to use TV guidance
Code:
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate agm114_hellfire_tv_Camera
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0.986687

# ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0.986687 - that is a interesting one, i have never changed that before, as you say it will give you larger FOV to use TV guidance, does MOVE CAMERA BACK mean decreasing the value or increasing it? and more detailed should i change it in 100s or 1000s
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Increase FOV itself on camera, so you can target larger area
Code:
ObjectTemplate.worldFOV 0.6
ObjectTemplate.insideFOV 0.6

# yes i tested it somewhile back just to see what it does, and its a good one, i increased it to 6.9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ObjectTemplate.Stiffness is also something that makes missile fly faster and more manuverable, but i have always thoughts like, can i bring in other commands like example Objecttemplate.softness or any other
physics commands, and add them to agm114 file, to make missile, idk LIGHTER, WEIGHT PLAY? GRAVITY? WIND? SMOOTHNESS LINES? ANYTHING to play around with more?

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH, YOU HAVE GIVEN ME ADVICE THAT IS SO GOOD
potential is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 01:12   #13
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential View Post
what does TimeToLive has to do with missile responsiveness,manuverability? - this is the setting, how long missile will stay in air i think
Yes. Combined with decreased speed you can hit targets easier.

Quote:
# ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0.986687 - that is a interesting one, i have never changed that before, as you say it will give you larger FOV to use TV guidance, does MOVE CAMERA BACK mean decreasing the value or increasing it? and more detailed should i change it in 100s or 1000s
On Z axis it should be negative value to move it back. So change to -15 or something, play with values.

Quote:
ObjectTemplate.Stiffness is also something that makes missile fly faster and more manuverable,but i have always thoughts like, can i bring in other commands like example Objecttemplate.softness or any other physics commands
Pretty much everything that could be used already described in thread.
Other variants, like using actual rocket engine or wings would rather produce negative effect on missile performance.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 14:25   #14
potential

Thank You Thank You

yes i will try to play around with values, heh thank you for saying -15 i started to play around like this 0.986687 then 0.986677, 0.986672 and so on would of taken me forever, didint know it has to be with -

i have more questions and not all of them are missile performance related

1) what about e_missile_trail in agm114 file, anything to play around with, what does it exactly does? and
Objects_server.zip\Effects\weapons\trails anything useful to play around with in there? e_missile_ignition and e_missile_trail

2) there is a control.con macro
# ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_ 0 0 0 default
Tweaked:
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_0 0.0334 0

which is common to use in 2v2 mod, to curve behind buildings, trees, etc, if your familiar with it, do you know the fastest value for it?

3) there are also settings you can play around in game and they are 1 by default and 10 is max, i am talking about now, just chopper mouse settings, can i manualy change them to example 0.80 or 0.30 or 0.01 is it worth it? because if i go 10, then i cant move chopper at all, its so slow
controlMap.setPitchFactor 1
controlMap.setYawFactor 1

of course i also use higher dpi as 1500-2500 or so, but i still feel sometime stuck in the mud, talking only about flying, fast phases cause its 2v2, and the we ofc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) then we got a place like Menu_server.zip\HUD\HudSetup\Vehicles

files like HudElementsAh1zCoPilot.con
HudElementsZ10CoPilot.con

i have also tried to play around with these, again dont quite understand bigger majority of things what are in there, and what does what, is there anything in there that makes something better? bigger? manuverability i guess not, but again FOV wise? anything i miss?

same with HudElementsZ10Pilot.con
HudElementsAh1zPilot.con

# i have gone madcrazy changing all of them, that i think do something with missile performance or chopper performance overall, but i have never fully understood, what they do or what they mean, i just like to change settings and see the results, i just love it, and thats what il keep doing, my head is always going what can be done more, even if everything is already done (OEH)

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!
potential is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 01:37   #15
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Quote:
1) what about e_missile_trail in agm114 file
Effects, nothing to do with missile physics.
Quote:
# ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_ 0 0 0 default
Tweaked:
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_0 0.0334 0
Client side control settings, nothing to do with missile physics.
Quote:
controlMap.setPitchFactor 1
controlMap.setYawFactor 1
Client side control settings, nothing to do with missile physics.

Quote:
HudElementsAh1zCoPilot.con
HudElementsZ10CoPilot.con
Hud, nothing to do with missile physics.
FOV defined in camera, already explained above.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote