project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Sep 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2022-07-24, 09:20   #71
UncleSmek

Default Re: [BF3:Realitymod] A Project Reality / Squad inspired mod for Battlefield 3

This project has surpassed all my expectations and we salute you 3ti.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 17:35   #72
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [BF3:Realitymod] A Project Reality / Squad inspired mod for Battlefield 3

It's a real fun project, plays very well on my potato pc (it's a midrange pc from 2016 or so). Performance is, I think, pretty much the same as BF3, except there are now 80-100 players. If you can play PR, you're bound to be able to play BF3 as well.

I've played quite a bunch of rounds over the last few days and it's pretty teamwork oriented - it really depends on your team or even the squad you're in. There are of lot of PR and Squad minded players, but also a lot of people that just want to try things out. What I mean is, not all people have a microphone (yet), but most of them do. It's basically the same when PR releases a new version .

The spawn / kit selection screen is nicely done and it quite clear. There are a bunch of PR-like kits available and they're limited as well. The only customization one can do is to choose a different scope on the rifle, so that isn't overdone and feels nice.

You can place rally points and FOB's. They too are limited and can be overrun, etc. You don't have to shovel them up or anything, they just pop-up when the SL deploys one. I'd love to see additional deployables in the future, like barbed wire, sandbags, perhaps MG nest or AT gun.

Right now there are no vehicles, except for Gulf of Oman (and perhaps another map), where there are helicopters and boats. Having jeeps on some maps would be nice, but will make the game "faster", so they shouldn't be 'everywhere'. I'm sure they'll implement some in the (near?) future.

BF3 Premium is on sale on Steam for 10 bucks or so, so if you want to try it out and see for yourself, I'd say go do it .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 20:16   #73
Grump/Gump.45

I cannot play for more than 5-10 minutes due to constant crashes. I am up on the BF3 Reality Mod Forums posting Bugs in my thread.

These are my specs. Tell me where I amo going wrong? Game is very stuttery when I can play for those few minutes. Usually a texture related crash. I updated my graphics drivers as it suggested.

Intel Core i5-10300 H CPU 2.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti w/ Max Q Design

Intel UHD Graphics

RAM 8GB (7.78 GB) Usable
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 03:02   #74
akilmaf

How do you crash? Freeze? CTD?
akilmaf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 03:06   #75
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by akilmaf View Post
How do you crash? Freeze? CTD?
It will CTD I believe. My posts are on the BF3 forums showing the error messages I get. The game image freezes then forces itself into an ALT - TAB state with white screen and error messages.

At these specs should BF3 be crashing and what settings do you recommend? Any solutions? Thank you in advance.

https://forum.bf3reality.com/threads...vs-to-read.98/
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-28, 08:20   #76
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

You sure you're using the gtx not integrated video?

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-12, 11:17   #77
Michael_Denmark

This sounds interesting.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield 3, venice unleashed