project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
03 Jun 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2020-03-08, 12:51   #171
dnamro
Default Re: vBF2/PR 3dsMax Tools - Import/Export/Lightmaps/Animation - Max 9 and newer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BqCai View Post
Can't export,it just creates the folder,i did it yesterday,i don't know why it's not working now
Are using the mklnk commands customized to your installation:

https://git.cmp-gaming.com/Harmonika...2-3dsMax-Tools

Without those, your going to be constantly fighting windows security issues. You might get it working one day, and then after a security update, it will stop working because the security gets reset with the update.

It looks like the there are some bat files created in the 3dsmax program files folder during the export process. With the max listener window open, I could see that it was stopped when trying to run ~convert.bat in the C:\Program Files\autodesk\3dsmax (ver)\scripts\bf2 folder.
dnamro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-11, 13:45   #172
dnamro
Default Re: vBF2/PR 3dsMax Tools - Import/Export/Lightmaps/Animation - Max 9 and newer!

I reinstalled my OS and 3ds Max 2020 with the 3ds Max plugins and I can't export either. The error that I am getting is scripts\bf2\general\misc.ms in the runDosCommand, the error message is:

--Runtime error:Filestream Cannot create: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020\scripts\bf2\~convert.bat

The confusing part, is that it is created. If I try to run it manually, I get an error message that BF2Materials.exe is a 16 bit app.

However, I went back to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020\scripts\bf2\bin\release

to make sure that all the exe files were set with compatibility settings for XP SP3 and I am no longer getting an error message, but still no export. The only thing that exports is the .dat and .mat files for the object.

Event Viewer has errors that both BF2materials and Sceneparse could not run in a 64 bit environment.

This is with windows 10, max 2020. I tried the mklink suggestion, but with the same result.

Any ideas?
Last edited by dnamro; 2020-03-11 at 15:56.. Reason: update info
Old 2020-03-14, 14:17   #173
dnamro

I finally figured it out how to get 64 bit versions of 3ds Max to export in win 10. I am writing up some detailed instructions, but the simple thing is that scripts\bf2\bin\release tools need compatibility settings for XP since they are 32 bit apps running in a 64bit environment. Also the ones downloaded from Harmonikater's link don't download properly. I copied they from an older version of the tools.

Expanded explanation:
https://classic-battlefield-modding...._Tools_to_work
Last edited by dnamro; 2020-03-15 at 00:17.. Reason: update
Old 2020-03-27, 20:13   #174
chelp

Hello ,

I'm new here and I'm struggling using "Import StaticObjects.con". After the importing process is completed I only see empty helpers.

(Importing a Heightmap works fine as well as single meshes extracted from ...EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip)

I tried it on 3 different computers using 3 different versions of 3ds max (2009, 2016, 2019) but it always ends up importing helpers only.

here is what I did:

I extracted "server.zip" & "client.zip" from ...EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Sharqi_Peninsula into the same folder.

I guess I'm using the latest version of the script (downloaded from https://git.cmp-gaming.com/Harmonika...2-3dsMax-Tools)

I don't know what "git" is but I installed git & git lfs and ran cmd as admin executing the following commands:
"git lfs install"
"git clone https://git.cmp-gaming.com/Harmonikater/BF2-3dsMax-Tools.git"
At one machine I did the linking stuff with"mklink... " at the others I placed the content of the downloaded .zip directly inside the 3ds Max folder.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

I also tried to create a folder called "objects" inside the Sharqi level folder. In which I extracted the content from ...EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip.
When I do so, the "Import StaticObjects.con" doesn't produces anything (also no more helpers).
I thought the script is just missing the original object files and therefore places empty helpers.

update 02.04.2020 : It works, but only with 3ds max 2009
Last edited by chelp; 2020-04-02 at 14:44.. Reason: update

Tags
3dsmax, experimental, max, newer, support, tools, updated, vbf2 or pr, versions