project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
03 Jun 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-10-13, 20:31   #11
burghUK

Default Re: Westworld (TV Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
But how did those guys teleport from the room into the train? And how can the entire world be a simulation on the table top thing in the labs?

Although, if it was VR or a video game, they could just turn it off, getting rid of the premise of the show.
I think when the guy stepped through the door he stepped onto a train in a tunnel , he wasn't teleported.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 22:17   #12
jerkzilla

Yeah, I'm also completely sure it's not VR.

The Ed Harris character seems to be a rich guy obsessed with finding every little detail in simulation, kind of like one of those OCD gamer archetypes. The ample detail and sheer amount of "content" in that world are also alluded to by other characters, but I still can't quite figure out how it's all supposed to come together.
It's clear though, that he isn't very concerned with his immersion in the world, judging by the way he talks to the hosts, referencing past interactions, and his apparent indifference to the setting.

Really curious how it's going to play out, because the character seems kinda novel.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 22:49   #13
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Theres a theory that the newcomer in the latest episode is actually the man in black but its set 30 years ago, to show the events of whatever the "failure of 30 years ago" actually was. And his motives now.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 23:34   #14
jerkzilla

Well, the hosts are all the new kinds made of white stuff. Anthony Hopkins' character suggested that they came a long way in host design during the park's existence, so Dorothy and the black prostitute being in service for a full 30 years seems a bit of a stretch.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 00:07   #15
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Well, considering they specifcally mentioned in ep 1 that Delores is the oldest hosts in the park having been around for its entirety. So it is believable.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 09:17   #16
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Theres a theory that the newcomer in the latest episode is actually the man in black but its set 30 years ago, to show the events of whatever the "failure of 30 years ago" actually was. And his motives now.
Judging by the end of ep. 3, he's in the present with everyone else.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 06:07   #17
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

I want to know what's under the church and when the smoke monster is coming.
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 14:21   #18
Cossack
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]rushn View Post
I want to know what's under the church and when the smoke monster is coming.
I dont think it will turn into Lost. But yeah, show is great, very addictive and touches some interesting themes.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 20:40   #19
Portable.Cougar

Who is speaking to the robots?

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 21:03   #20
Murphy

It's already pretty far off of the film. I am a Yul Brynner fan, have been since my dad and I first watched the Magnificent Seven when I was young. As such I've watched the movie and it came off more as a theme park with Terminator popping up, this re-imagining has already started exploring deeper into the theme park side of things. I think it's probably safe to watch the movie if you're interested. I doubt it will really ruin much of the TV series because the movie doesn't have much mystery, it's more of a sci-fi action movie of the time.

Maev has such an interesting story line already! I'm also wary of Hosts working behind the scenes, I feel like almost any of the main cast could be an unaware Host. There is a LOT of options for the writers of this series, and I hope they cater to the viewers imagination. So far I really enjoy the show.

And those olde tyme reworkings of current songs is an awesome touch!

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
series, westworld