project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-05-23, 23:28   #21
Vista
Default Re: Battlefield V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombatzer0 View Post
Can I just get Bf1942 with the Frostbite engine?
Do the console players want it? No? Then you're out of luck.

AAA gaming is dead for the 'slightly-not-normie' PC player, from here on out it's just going to be super dilluted vanilla games that the console players will eat up. 4% of BF1 sales were on the PC. The only hope for an actual good BF remake (1942, 2 and 2142) is if an indie gets good funding and actually knows how to make/design an interesting remake that does justice to the old games, that's made on CRYENGINE.

If that doesn't happen, RIP.
Last edited by Vista; 2018-05-24 at 00:23..
Old 2018-05-24, 00:11   #22
robert357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrox View Post
NO PREMIUM PASS
Yeah, yeah. I heard it also in Battlefront 2 and everyone know what happens after.

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 00:41   #23
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronck View Post
I liked the chaos. That is about it. If they just skipped forcing women into WWII games that would be nice. Only the Sovjets put women on frontline duty... and what the hell is this captain hook sh*t?
basically its pathetic pandering to a female market (good) due to the pressure applied by the autistic screeches of the communist progressive left. (bad)
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 00:50   #24
Madar_al_Fakar

That... was absolute garbage.
I was really stunned at how awful it was and how bad it made me feel while watching it.
I mean Bf1 was shit too, but this just takes the cake.
For something like this they should not have used the "Battlefield" name. They should have instead made a completely new series of games, for example called "Shitfield" or "Garbagefield" and then this game should have been the 1st in those series. Actually second one, they should then re-brand Battlefield 1 into the Shit or Garbagefield franchise.
Madar_al_Fakar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 03:34   #25
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

If it is "game as service" - does it mean players gonna have to pay for it every month to play? Also I hope it won't be like Battlefront 2 with no server/maps browser, just automatically randomly being placed on random map on random server - that was frustrating

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 03:40   #26
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza

This is Fortnite meets Battlefield. It's over the top, mindless, Michael bay action on the edge of a cocaine overdose.

Rezza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 04:21   #27
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Hokunin View Post
Also I hope it won't be like Battlefront 2 with no server/maps browser, just automatically randomly being placed on random map on random server - that was frustrating
If this game goes down the same route of no server browser plus the terrible gunplay of bf1 it's gonna be downright atrocious.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 05:56   #28
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

That the most bland trailer I've seen, seems like just another reskin of Battlefield but now in WW2 instead of WW1, I guess if you have a successful gameplay formula why even bother to innovate and change things anymore. Just another battlefield with nothing new, just another reskin.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 05:59   #29
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: BF5 reveal link

Wow, so much cluster fuck.
I don't really feel this alternative reality thing going on in the trailer, but let's see.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 07:09   #30
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

The way the squad and vehicles are set up - looks like Bad Company.
Trailer was trash though. Everyone is so caught up in the robot arm woman they forget about Churchills going 50 km/h, ridiculous flight model on airplanes, a Sturmtiger casually charging in or a V1 being used as a tactical weapon.

I really hope MP will be nothing like this.

Last edited by Xander[nl]; 2018-05-24 at 09:01..

Tags
battlefield, bf5, link, reveal