project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-06-11, 21:00   #111
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: Battlefield V

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
By loot boxes the meant stuff that gives any in-game advantages, not cosmetics. Are you really naïve enough to think there'd be no cosmetics lol
It's still a lootbox.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 07:29   #112
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
It's still a lootbox.
Ok, never mind then, maybe it won't be random in BFV, no clue.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 09:31   #113
robert357

Why people defending lootboxes? I have deja vu like with DLCs and microtransactions. People also defend it "its only cosmetic, not big deal" and now we have cut content from game because of this. Stop glorifying useless and garbage things. I miss times with expansion packs...

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 12:56   #114
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
Why people defending lootboxes? I have deja vu like with DLCs and microtransactions. People also defend it "its only cosmetic, not big deal" and now we have cut content from game because of this. Stop glorifying useless and garbage things. I miss times with expansion packs...
Because siege does it too and it doesn't bother me at all.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 13:14   #115
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
Because we're still in a capitalist reality and companies need to make a profit. With cosmetic items/lootboxes they can earn money without influencing the game at all, even allowing them to offer the game as a service now and create new DLC for free. I would much rather have this than having to pay for a season pass.

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 14:10   #116
robert357

Game don't need microtransactions or meaningless DLCs to make profit for company. I rather have finished game than cut in pieces to rip off more money from players. Look at Bad Company 2 - great game where everyone have same content, even people who preorder get SPECIAL weapons that only difference was camo. They even add few more maps for free - no bullshit DLCs and pay content. The only add-on was Vietnam but that also was cheap. There is no excuse for garbage in full priced game - FULL PRICED GAME, not F2P game. The only thing I can ignore is when lootboxes are free and there is no option to buy them for real money (same with game currency, unlocks etc.).

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 14:48   #117
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

I don't think 8 year old games are a good comparison, as the development proces has become so much more complex. Like destruction in BC2 was just walls that would disappear when you shot at them - now there is dynamic destruction with in- and outwards explosions, pieces that have weight and can degrade over time, sectional destruction based on vehicle impact, etc. Look up videos or articles why they couldn't implement customizable appearance in BF1 and you'll get a glimpse of just how complex modern games can be.

I think it's understandable they can't pump out huge games or lots of cheap DLC anymore.
In fact I think BF1 had a very good content-to-price ratio with all the DLCs for a premium pass.

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 14:50   #118
Vista

I understand it from a development point of view, even though they make fat millions from these games (and could probably afford 2 years of development easily) most of that money goes to the investors/EA and not necessarily DICE, they need a reliable source of income post launch and cosmetics are the right way. Selling expansions is an incredibly outdated concept and splits the playerbase.

What I am NOT ok with however, is selling those cosmetics through lootbox RNG gambling. Get the fuck out of here with that shit, just sell the cosmetics directly and stop exploiting people's addictions. This sort of system should be made illegal, it's purely gambling and a significant part of the playerbase is <18. Lootboxes generate more revenue but are morally incorrect and of exploitative nature. I mean, it's EA we're talking about afterall.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 15:16   #119
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I understand it from a development point of view, even though they make fat millions from these games (and could probably afford 2 years of development easily) most of that money goes to the investors/EA and not necessarily DICE, they need a reliable source of income post launch and cosmetics are the right way. Selling expansions is an incredibly outdated concept and splits the playerbase.

What I am NOT ok with however, is selling those cosmetics through lootbox RNG gambling. Get the fuck out of here with that shit, just sell the cosmetics directly and stop exploiting people's addictions. This sort of system should be made illegal, it's purely gambling and a significant part of the playerbase is <18. Lootboxes generate more revenue but are morally incorrect and of exploitative nature. I mean, it's EA we're talking about afterall.
The Airlift items won't be loot boxes and we don't know about loot boxes in BFV yet, why not wait before getting mad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield...clarification/
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 15:49   #120
Psyko

Paying extra for cosmetics is morally fine i think. but giving players who pay extra an advantage over others is rigging the game. I wonder how they word it in the EULA to justify it.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, bf5, link, reveal