project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-02-06, 15:31   #11
supahpingi

Default Re: [Proposal] Islamic Republic of Iran Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREM117 View Post
As I posted in the MEC thread I think that the Middle Eastern factions should only be replaced by 3 factions.

United Arab League
A millitary organization based on the League of Arab States
Persian Islamic Alliance
Equipment based on Iran and other Persian nations
Middle Eastern Coalition
Any countries in the middle east that have separate religions or political ideals from the other 2 factions. This will be the generic ME faction.
I think this would be the best solution,it gives the most diverse options and can create a new load of scenarios of a middle east civil war(these 3 faction fighting each other)

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 15:33   #12
Tannhauser

In collaboration with UAL and MEC factions, it'd be interesting to see a rematch in the feeling of Iraq vs Iran ; UAL vs IRIA. Radically different assets would be interesting to see fight each other.
But that's just a big brainstorm.

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 16:15   #13
AREM117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
MEC
Actual MEC with german firearms and lots of russian hardware

UAL
Westernized assets mostly with very few russian arms/vehicles

Iranian armed forces
Well... Iranian assets.

I think that would recategorize better as for asset diversification. But that's only IMO.
I agree with you here, exept MEC should have a different weapon. Iran uses the G3 and it would get a little confusing.
AREM117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 16:20   #14
Scot
Supporting Member

This would be awesome Clear up any confusions hopefully once and for all.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 17:43   #15
STORM-Mama

RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

Have posted a thread with a number of questions on the Iranian Military Forums, but because I havn't got any answer yet I decided to create my own basic design plan in Excel.

Havn't decided about, for example, what UGL, sniper rifle and LMG they should be using but am hoping that the guys over at the Iranian Military Forums will answer these questions.

Thoughts on the design plan?
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 17:54   #16
Nighthawk

I suggest possibly adding the Khaybar KH2002 to replace the G3, at least for some kits. I don't think it's standard issue yet, but it gives Iran something unique instead of the same gun the MEC uses. The Steyr HS .50 could be the sniper rifle.
How about adding the F-14A to that plan as Iran's 2-seater fighter/bomber, and the HESA Saeqeh instead of the F-4 as a fighter?
We would probably get away with a reskin of the existing Cobra (at least temporarily) instead of making a new one from scratch.
Last edited by Nighthawk; 2009-02-06 at 18:02..
Old 2009-02-06, 21:17   #17
Tannhauser

I don't know, feels like IRIA should have G3s and Khaybars, MEC russian firearms, and UAL M16s... It'd make sense kinda, unless you pit UAL against IRIA instead of MECvsIRIA, to clear confusion (G3 vs G3).

But that would mean giving UAL M16s... That's AREMs call, TBH it'd give more variety than just giving them more AK series that enough factions use already IMO.

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 21:41   #18
HughJass

My set up

MEC ; Saudi, Oman, Yemen, UAE

UAL ; Iraq, Syria, some african countries

IRIA ; Iran, surrounding shiite muslims

MEC ; Westernized equipment, little russian equipment

UAL ; Current MEC stuff

IRIA ; Mix of Khaybars, G3s, AKs, with mostly russian, some western, equipment.

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 00:13   #19
STORM-Mama

Through the Iran Military Forum I have been directed towards a Iranian colonel that might be willing to help me with a design plan and aswer the questions I have on Iranian Army equipment. Until I've worked out a good design plan I want to know if we have some modellers, etc. that are willing to do some of the stuff listed in the design plan?

The Zulfiqar-3 would be an awesome start! Also, do you know if there are any SIG P226 models just laying around? I think we had one in PR a long time ago... The PC9 pistol used by the Iranian Forces is a copy of the P226.
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 00:46   #20
hiberNative

i personally think mec, insurgents and taliban are more than enough variation.
just imagine that the name of the mec is "iran". the least thing i'd want are more desert-themed maps imo :P

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
army, faction, iran, islamic, proposal, republic