project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
18 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2018-03-28, 06:28   #1
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default INS mode

Hi all,

I would like to share my observation during playing insurgency mode. Well, I had pause in playing for last two-three years, and of course I comparing to the old mode.
Last several months I playing a bit more, and play a lot of insurgency maps and I see that almost all of maps are won by BLUE teams. Only two-three times I see that insurgents won and that required a lot of teamplaying from them and a lot of skilled players at the insurgent side.
Speaking in numbers, I think its about 95% of ins mode are won by blueforces and only 5% won by insurgents. I dont have full statistics, and if someone have such information, please share it.

Playing for blueforces at insurgency level is not requires a lot of teamskilling, mostly maps are won if they have 3-4 'fraggers' and not totally dumbs for rest of the team. It's like a 'funny walk' when you play against insurgents, because they are so easy to kill and have no any new weapons or assets to resist.
Also I see that players, which want to have fun by playing, mostly switching to bluefor when insurgency mode starts, and think that this is a sign of something wrong with it.
I'm not complaining about balance or new features that changed it, but remember that 8 years ago when we play for insurgents we had a lot more fun than now.

Please share your opinion for this mode.
Last edited by fenriz9000; 2018-03-28 at 11:17..
Old 2018-03-28, 09:11   #2
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: INS mode

The reason why BLUFOR mostly win insurgency rounds is that OPFOR not defending the ammocaches.

What i see every round :

Squads running to far away from the ammocache and playing their minigame.

Some people placing mines in smart spots but than the not so smart people running into the friendly mines. Yelling in Mumble "STOP MINES !!!" doesn't help.

People running around and get farmed by the apc's. When you can't kill it - dont look or run to it.

People give to quick up when they get wounded what results in INTEL for BLUFOR.

Mortar assets not getting used by OPFOR.

Civi cars not getting used to block off the ammocaches areas when they get sieged by APC's or CAS.
Placing few civi cars close to an ammocache compound for excample on fallujah would help much.
The MK19 AAVP's wouldn't have it so easy anymore.

People grabbing the AA kit and running around like Rambo and getting slaughtered far off from the ammocache.

Opfor team doesn't place enough hideouts. Sometimes, roadblocks not getting used

The list is long what people doing wrong as OPFOR in insurgency.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:39   #3
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Now you see why most old players can't stand insurgency. It's only PR for one team.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 11:50   #4
[R-CON]​Fastjack

I found the time to continoue the list.

Soloing important assets:
People soloing assets like SPG techie or rocket techie and start thinking they found the perfect spot and losing totally awareness of the surroundings. Many times they also use such assets only for transport. Atleast BLUFOR have the same problem with their logitrucks.

Lack to combine assets:
People thinking 1 dshk tripod is enough to defend a cache/hideout vs. CAS. Only few players get the idea to have atleast another dshk techie in the area to scare CAS off. Many people aren't aware about that BLUFOR have the CO UAV who can easily spot such deployable assets and coordinate the CAS pilots.

Attacking superfobs:
People thinking they can overrun superfobs with infantry. As i mentioned, use the mortars against smoked TOW's or camping apc's etc.

Gear inventory:
To many peole deny the use of smokegrenades.

Unknown caches:
People totally ignoring the unknown cache locations and are suprised when it goes down because no one prepared the area with hideouts. Looking at the killcount of the Blufor side can give you atleast a vague info how much INTEL Blufor has.

Stupid emplacement spots:
SPG/DSHK emplacements getting placed on rooftops to use it against infantry. They ignore the fact that BLUFOR can snipe them easily out of it.

Lack of map awareness:
Bridges are hotspots for Blufor traffic but no one get the idea to place some rpg infantry close to it. Mines aren't the only options to secure such places.

Civi idiots:
Some of them thinking they still can lure Blufor infantry into an ambush but smart Blufor infantry ignoring them, going away and the civi following him .... directly in the breacher shotgun who's waiting behind the next corner or bottom of a hill/tree/wreck ... whatever. Also many players aren't aware about that when they stand close to an armed insurgent they dont die the martyr death.

The shovel idiots:
Still present in the game. People thinking they can block the only way to a cache by keeping the roadblock or gunemplacement intact. They have their fun for 10 minutes but they are not aware about that a squad can have multiple breacher kits (dropping and deselecting the kit) and other 2 guys requesting it.
Taddaaaa ...... 1 squad have 3 Breacher and an engineer kit and placing simultaniously multiple c4 charges. Nothing to shovel after the charges blowing up and the next grenade flies directly to them.
Best is when they use assets underground, where the upper part of the dshk or whatever sticks out of the surface. (Had this yesterday on lashkar).

Lack of teamwork (biggets issue at all)
Opfor create a squad but all people playing their minigame and only few stick together.

It is not the insurgency gamemode machanics that are flawed (i know, many people saying it) but the truth is that the Insurgency gamemode is good. Problems are the people and their teamplay and tactics because they cannot adapt to the gamemode.
Last edited by [R-CON]Fastjack; 2018-03-28 at 12:03..
Old 2018-03-28, 14:21   #5
PatrickLA_CA

Interesting, I've noticed lately that teamwork on the INS teams has largely increased. The last couple of rounds that I've played as BLUFOR we've really had it difficult to get to the caches, constantly getting shelled by a rocket techie, RPGS and HMG techies while the Garry makes its way around to blow up 20 people. At the same time, the INS rounds on which I've lost as INS lately have been very, very close games.

I think that server admins can help a lot if they notice that the team is not playing together.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 14:52   #6
[R-CON]​Fastjack

I also noticed yesterday a round on kokan where Blufor lost (3 caches left) and the Opfor team did it well.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 17:06   #7
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Interesting, I've noticed lately that teamwork on the INS teams has largely increased. The last couple of rounds that I've played as BLUFOR we've really had it difficult to get to the caches, constantly getting shelled by a rocket techie, RPGS and HMG techies while the Garry makes its way around to blow up 20 people. At the same time, the INS rounds on which I've lost as INS lately have been very, very close games.

I think that server admins can help a lot if they notice that the team is not playing together.
Same. INS teams are playing more and more better. Still from time to time same of problems that Fastjack said are happening. For instance, few days ago I played Karbala. We lost only two caches after 1 hr of constant Polish attacks. Second cache we lost after one squad(from two that were defending) moved from cache location to hospital 100 east of it and got killed by FOB and APC. In same time, smart Polish landed in middle of as, killed most of as and destroyed cache. Still, It was really good game on INS side.

To that list I would add map design. It plays important roll. Maps like Kokan are really INS friendly if BLUFOR faction doesnt play right.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 04:12   #8
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

People leaving logis anywhere and no one has the courage or effort to return it to main.

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 04:33   #9
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Well, lack of teamplaying was always be an issue and not depends on the mode (aas or ins). From my perspective the problem that teamplaying and personal skills are influence too much for insurgents, and if your team will not be totally better than bluefor, the insurgent will loose. Usually I can predict who will won after 15-30 minutes of game just by seeing numbers of teamscore and k/d ratio. To have insurgents win, it usually require more than double teamscores and total overrule in k/d ratio. In such situation insurgents *can* win. In other conditions - 95% chance that coalition wins.
Last edited by fenriz9000; 2018-03-29 at 06:39..
Old 2018-03-29, 06:08   #10
FFG
PR Server License Moderator

If INS only had to defend 1 cache it might be better

FFG is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
balance, ins, insurgency, mode