project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2017-08-05, 23:38   #31
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Default Re: How much is minimum wage where you are?

We don't have a set minimum wage per say in Sweden, it's more of an understanding between the employees/unions and employers that collectively set the minimum wage for a set profession, it's a bit flimsy and I don't know all of the details, but I know that I could have done with much less of what I earn today had the taxes been much lower (as in not having to pay for all made up government funded programs and services) but most swedes and unions disagree with me on that point (my parents are no exception) and would much rather have higher salaries instead of tax cuts that would benefit the whole economy (and my situation in particular) hence why I remain poor despite receiving my annual raise.

Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 02:10   #32
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
We don't have a set minimum wage per say in Sweden, it's more of an understanding between the employees/unions and employers that collectively set the minimum wage for a set profession, it's a bit flimsy and I don't know all of the details, but I know that I could have done with much less of what I earn today had the taxes been much lower (as in not having to pay for all made up government funded programs and services) but most swedes and unions disagree with me on that point (my parents are no exception) and would much rather have higher salaries instead of tax cuts that would benefit the whole economy (and my situation in particular) hence why I remain poor despite receiving my annual raise.
Not sure what the taxes in sweden are, but im having having a hard time believing you are poor because you are being taxed too much...

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 02:35   #33
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
Not sure what the taxes in sweden are, but im having having a hard time believing you are poor because you are being taxed too much...
If your income is below average and you have high taxes and VAT on top of that, then yes, it gets expensive fast.

Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 04:07   #34
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
If your income is below average and you have high taxes and VAT on top of that, then yes, it gets expensive fast.
Just curious then, how much do you pay in taxes? % wise

If you make below average as you state, then you should have relativly low taxes (especially income tax), so why is it so much harder for you to get by, then the rest of the population that earn below average wage? Excessive spending?

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 10:59   #35
Limeni[BiH]

200 Euros per month officially, unofficially it's even lower
Limeni[BiH] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 20:18   #36
burghUK

The lowest the employer can get away with, pretty much.

If you're on minimum wage in the UK , you're nothing but a disposable piece of meat to your employer, they have no concept of how good working conditions increases productivity.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 00:52   #37
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeni[BiH] View Post
200 Euros per month officially, unofficially it's even lower
wow that sounds insane..
edit: are the prices of things scaled down due to that?
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 02:54   #38
matty1053

In Michigan it's $8.90, but it's increasing yearly.

Overall I think the wage is very good for our state. Especially since it's increasing yearly.

However, I will say that 95% of the employers out there hiring, pay above minimum wage. A lot of entry level factory/warehouse places near me pay over $15 an hour, ENTRY LEVEL (no skills required). And a lot of retail pay decently too. However, I wouldn't suggest getting into retail as a career, unless you are a store manager. (Walmart near me, they start at $10, and increase to $12 an hour after training. And Managers for departments make over $60k a year. Store Manager, well over $140k.)

Overall, I think the wage is fine. There is someone running for governor, and he is facing huge criticism for wanting to raise the wage to $15 an hour. (After 2 years, it would be $15). Democrats here are against him for it as well. He is really facing critisim since he owned a company of 300 employees and payed them minimum wage, the max he went was $10.

(Yes, he is a democrat).

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 16:33   #39
AirHawk

i am working 24 hours night shift and i barely get 150 euro. pathatic i know :V
AirHawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 00:09   #40
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHawk View Post
i am working 24 hours night shift and i barely get 150 euro. pathatic i know :V
That's literally impossible most places.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
minimum, poxo is ghey, wage