project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
19 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-01-23, 13:13   #11
ZodiacZ
Default Re: Insurgents: Bolt action kit vs SKS/Shotgun kit. Am I missing something?

Using the BA rifles requires a different approach to firefights, it requires you to back off and mind every step so you don't get close to the enemy. I always shoot BA rifles from height + distance (at pixels).
ZodiacZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 13:38   #12
Navo
Default Re: Insurgents: Bolt action kit vs SKS/Shotgun kit. Am I missing something?

They are awesome on Vietnam maps because the US doesn't have heavy body armor.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 04:23   #13
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

I recently got my first verified nugget kill at ~200m on Basrah.

That fun moment when you're choosing an insurgent kit:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 07:25   #14
obpmgmua

Bolt-actions are useless for the Insurgents. Without scopes, you're out matched by M4s even at ranges you should be good at, and in CQC using a bolt action is suicidal. Bolt actions would've been great as pickup kits, for people who wanted to challenge themselves, as of 1.0; Insurgents have too many Placebo kits that make you feel like your doing something but you're not. ENFIELD/MOSIN and SKS/870 take up two valuable kit slots that could be used for something else. What's the point of being the ammo bitch as insurgent when you die so fast? Back when the AK had ammo it made sense. SKS is inferior to the AK, and 870 like OP said is only for breaching. Which is useless because there is no way to fix doors and the civi's rope is vastly superior.

IMO insurgents need a complete kit rework. It's too muddied, it feels like certain kits intrude onto other kit's specialties, diluting the importance of both.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 09:10   #15
[GER]Birnd

Its a great Tool to punish Squadmates u dont like. Assign them the Kit and they wont have fun the whole round and likely leave the Server after(unless theyre a masochist). Excluding Vietnam Maps.

My ingame name is [WGP]ARC*[GER]Birnd
[GER]Birnd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 12:13   #16
Jacksonez__

Shotgun: no deviation, can one-shot (most cases) a blufor guy
Bolt action: deviation, cannot one shot (most cases) a blufor guy

Both kits have grenades and ammobags. Bolt actions are good for nothing. Long range? You loose most likely because of scoped blufor weapons. Also, it doesn't one shot (aim for legs? yup.). Close combat? Yeah. No. Even the scorpion is superior (ins medic kit gun) to Bolt actions.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 13:44   #17
Rabbit

Eh, I like the bolt action, and I do quite well with it on maps like Korengal, usually a high KDR with it even in close range fights.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 08:57   #18
joethepro36

I've enjoyed using the bolt action rifles, it's all about the accuracy. You answered the reason for them in the OP, that they are more accurate is every reason to use them in the first place. There are a lot of times when I wish I had a G3 or an AK on hand for CQC but the long range reliable accuracy is nice. Certainly a break from the run and gun spraying of automatic weapons.
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 02:52   #19
Truism

I also really wanted to like them but couldn't.

They're realistic, in that they're used by insurgents in real life and have a fairly realistic damage model. Unfortunately it's also realistic that they're inferior to scoped assault rifles at every likely engagement range.

I want to love them, but I just can't. Giving them OHK to the body would give them a niche, but it's nit really realistic given that all the other 7.62 bolt guns don't have this either (ofc they don't need it because they have great optics, but still).

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 03:26   #20
fatalsushi83

Yep, I feel the same way. BTW, you can kill a guy with one hit to the legs but those hits don't always register, maybe because of the crappy hit detection or hit boxes. I shot a perfectly still guy in the leg from 5 meters away, letting the deviation settle for a few seconds, and he just turned around and shot me. It's fun to use the bolt action once in a while but it seems inferior to everything else the insurgents get.

Last edited by fatalsushi83; 2015-04-07 at 03:39..

Tags
action, bolt, insurgents, kit, missing, sks or shotgun