project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
17 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-19, 20:35   #11
Snazz
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality Highlights Reel #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc1482 View Post
Its probably balanced. Its a bigger helicopter so it will most likely be less maneuverable than other helis with rockets (ex. Little Bird)
As well as being a large and easy target.
Old 2010-06-19, 20:43   #12
Wakain

Quote:
not-so-distant Project Reality release
sounds good to me!
I do remember some model highlights on the m14 EBR and a new dragunov with bipod from before the 0.9 release, never heard anything about those anymore, are they still in development or are they rated low-priority?
Old 2010-06-20, 00:02   #13
Kaurava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
sounds good to me!
I do remember some model highlights on the m14 EBR and a new dragunov with bipod from before the 0.9 release, never heard anything about those anymore, are they still in development or are they rated low-priority?
Would like to hear about these as well.
That new russian sniper rifle too.

Great stuff anyways.

"Some nerd did the math, and to dodge a bullet like that, those tits would have to break the sound barrier."
Old 2010-06-20, 01:31   #14
boilerrat

*Excited face*

Old 2010-06-20, 03:11   #15
Burton

The Panther looks amazing - PRAA will do it much more justice than BF2 though I think

The CSB's - why not just butcher a CR2 model and take the turret off and whack the bridge model on top instead of having it come from inside a logi truck???
Last edited by Burton; 2010-06-20 at 03:23..
Old 2010-06-20, 04:09   #16
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
The CSB's - why not just butcher a CR2 model and take the turret off and whack the bridge model on top instead of having it come from inside a logi truck???
Rhino explained why in his highlight thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ingame we are not have any of these specialized vehicles for quite a simple reason, we do not have enough players ingame to crew bridge launching vehicles with also carrying out all the other tasks required ingame already. As such we have simplified it by giving the task of carrying and deploying these CSBs to the logistics trucks since they are pretty close to a Tank Bridge Transporter, other than you cant see a huge section of bridge on the back of them and it gives the Logistics truck anouther useful role ingame to encourage players to play that role more.
Old 2010-06-20, 04:21   #17
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Thank you Snazz, but Burton I suggest you read that topic because it explains it in more detail since a TBT (Tank Bridge Transporter) is basically a truck that can carry CSBs which I mention in that quote the logi truck isn't too far off.

It also wouldn't be just a matter of "butchering" a Challenger 2 if we did go down that rout. We might be able to get away with having every faction using the same type of CSB even thou in r/l pretty much each faction has there own unique one, but we certianlly wouldn't be able to get away with having the Chinese deploying bridges with a Challenger 2 and we would have to make a AVLB (Armoured Vehicle Launched Bridge) for every single faction which would be a huge amount of work and then for what, to have a bunch of players taken away from the front line to deploy bridges in a vehicle that will only be used a few times in a round for that job?

With using the logistics truck we not only encourage people to use them more to ferry supplies about the battlefield but when they are not doing that, they can also deploy bridges.

Old 2010-06-20, 05:59   #18
Sgt.Heine

I cant wait for the new M16A4 foregrips and 3D sights.
Old 2010-06-20, 07:42   #19
Dev1200

I've already seen all this stuff! Where's the new stuff

Old 2010-06-20, 08:04   #20
kaufman_23

verry nice

Closed Thread

Tags
highlights, project, reality, reel, update