project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-09-20, 16:34   #1
dominator200
Default Rally points

I was thinkin that rally points should only go down when they are stabbed or destroyed rather than going down when multiple enemys pass by, I think this would be a good idea because in the maps like ghost train,korengal, kolzesk and other heavily dense terrian maps this would allow for good fire fights and in these typical maps it would make it easier to keep the pressure on the enemy as in ghost train for example fobs are far and few between and casn often mean a long walk to the fight.
dominator200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 16:48   #2
Cheditor

Default Re: Rally points

I dont agree as then it makes the Rally point some ultimate force of destruction where people just magically pop out behind enemy lines. With the radius effect that is in place now atleast you just have to walk past it.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:12   #3
gazzthompson

agree with ched, on maps like muttrah a RP in a room will have a constant supply of guys running out which would be spammy and not good for gameplay.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:20   #4
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
agree with ched, on maps like muttrah a RP in a room will have a constant supply of guys running out which would be spammy and not good for gameplay.
And also a tad unrealistic. I say keep it how it is, but make it so the radius that you destroy it in is smaller.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:41   #5
Smegburt_funkledink

RP's are perfect as they are. With current RP's and FOB behaviours, I've not seen an enemy spawn in front of my face for ages.

If you had to knife a rally to take it down, there's always a chance that an enemy could spawn in your face or behind your back 1 meter away.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Last edited by Smegburt_funkledink; 2009-09-20 at 21:40..
Old 2009-09-20, 17:53   #6
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I assume the OP hasn't played 0.5 and the like... back then you had to knife them, was a pain in the ass at times when they kept spawning.
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:57   #7
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Actually you could knife them since 0.6, I remember they were concrete-ish in 0.5 and people fired RPGs at them to kill them. Or maybe they did that because everyone was RPG, grenadier or spec ops all the time.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 19:18   #8
Garmax

i like the idea of having to knife them.. but not doing it just makes it so much easier and you have to pay attention to where you put rallys

Garmax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 19:39   #9
Scot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
Or maybe they did that because everyone was RPG, grenadier or spec ops all the time.
Didn't stop it from being epic

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:36   #10
MikeDude

LOL I remember in the old days RP's were solid. So you could jump and make a rally. Then jump again and make a rally. This way you could get your RP really high.. But, Your Squaddies would fall down when respawn.
It was epic anyways. We had RP's in trees and shit xD
Bai

[3dAC] MikeDude
Loving PR since 0.2.
MikeDude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
points, rally