project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-04-26, 04:31   #81
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: What happened to the playerbase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
perhaps time?
More specifically besides time... within that time several things have happened. Aside from PR going stand alone there are many factors that draw people to PR. Lately it is because its the version of Squad with jets, this explains why jets from time to time are stolen/crashed or otherwise wasted by new players. They have been "re-placing" our beloved asset whores like DeadmanFoot and other old PR players we don't see much of.

The more experienced players cant assert themselves over the stubbornness of these volunteer TANK/APC/CAS fill positions who make the asset squads first forcing out the experienced guys causing one team to get steam rolled. Im not for playing favorites but admins and other older players should call it out when a really good asset squad leader from the golden days of PR gets on. I know what he means when he asks "What happened to the player base?".. There is less teamwork, less permanent daily players, less old players, more toxicity overall.

Nano the YouTube channel made videos show casing Project Reality to his meme channel, on that channel he plays RPG games, Mil Sim games, non-teamwork related arcade games. Many people watched his Squad memes videos, he got more subs from Squad memes than Karmakut ever got from Squad teamwork. I think and others also suspect he has bought subscribers. Anyways his Squad meme videos gave new Squad players the wrong message of what Squad came from and was intended to be on teamwork level. He has almost single handedly ruined Squad. But one thing Nano did do is single handedly ruin Project Reality.

After months of him making Squad meme videos he made a few Project Reality videos, the one that really ruined Project Reality and brought a lot of new troll accounts like FNG name :coyote_coyote and many variations of the name coyote being the same temp banned accounts he switched between in early 2018. Couldn't stand him. Video was called "Squad vs Project Reality". He show cased jets, tanks, apcs, attack helicopters and other assets to his meme community which caused a lot of people stealing those assets alone. People coming straight from Squad.

Before Nanos meme YouTube community played Squad they played games like Call Of Duty style FPS arcade game where no teamwork is applied or encouraged. It is "Spawn, sprint, don't think, no tactics, rush, die". They think running and jumping behind cover is a tactic in a game where you slide rush and shoot like arcade. These people now play Project Reality. This is why I made the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2019-04-26 at 04:48..
Old 2019-05-06, 19:15   #82
Mclovingg
Default Re: What happened to the playerbase?

I want to come back to the game but once I updated my windows i cant play the game no more i had windows 8 and now i have windows 10. Anyone knows how to make the game playable?
Mclovingg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 19:21   #83
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Reinstall

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 13:39   #84
Stolt_Yugoslav

In it's heyday the mod had a lot of cool peeps interested in everything from roleplaying to just experiencing more of a teambased version of BF2 with realistic combat.

People were in a way more welcoming to newbies, less PC but generally more harsh in creating the type of gameplay people wanted to experience. So you could fuck up and fuck around but you'd better stil stay true to your role, use a mic and play for the team in a sense.

On the tactical level:

Now you have a bunch of assetwhoring statwhores that tryhard, squads that don't use mics, super alarmist server-admins (The Americans being worse than the Europeans) that can't take a joke and it all creates a much worse environment. Insurgency mode especially is always a fucking mess while the best mode (Command and Control) is never played due to a lack of positive moderation and a lack of a competent player base overall. I come back now and then (use different name nowdays) and I haven't experienced a serious commander in ages. It was a bit more common in the past. Nobody would listen to them now anyway cause the "serious" people have their private discords and squads and the rest don't give two fucks or are assetwhoring for stats.

On the strategic level:

People would unban cheaters but not trolls or jokesters for example. I mean you could argue that both should stay banned but never that the cheater should be unbanned before the troll imo. There are clear cliques in the game, there were DDOS attacks and other attempts to destroy communities, for example that of BlueDrake and Candy Van server. I think more instances than just this one though. There was a lot of internal drama, scamming, someone stole someones clan/server chest and people just made fun of the victim...bah too much to remember. And again, as this thread shows, certain servers are infamous for their admins.

On the geo-strategic level

Old Game,
Server crashing issues persist, though they were much worse for a time,
Updates not to everyones liking
Fewer events and less promotion in general

edit: Oh and on a personal note I hate fucking seeding on Fallujah West, give me skirmish any day of the week instead. The arbitrary (no asset use, no actual completion of objectives, limits on FOB building in some cases) rules set in place on that map make for an unplayable, let alone unenjoyable experience in my opinion leading at least to me never seeding servers.

___

People sound more autistic too, seriously, those that stil play. I think others have moved on mostly. The new generation of cool peeps have new cool games infront of them and don't stumble in here too often.

Quote:
Only =HOG= , PRTA and SSG are filling well. Sometimes you have the Brazil server around 60 players and the Russian Reality. If you would revoke that license of the "Bad controlled" Servers, some other not so known Server would maybe get a chance.
It's because they have their little cliques and circlejerks. It's like this all over the internet. Where we had cross-community interaction and broadness, both in forums, games and chatrooms we now have exclusitivity and group based social hierarchies.

It's much more profound elsewhere. The internet was supposed to be a place where people that don't know each other and have differing opinions connect to experience and learn from each other. IRC and Usenet or even forums were like that, though in some cases they could be private they were mostly open and encouraged people to come to them. Now we have stuff like Discord where you have to be invited or subreddits that are circlejerks or indeed servers that are private little shitfests.

It's worse elsewhere, I've never played minecraft but the abuse that goes on there from "server owners" is senseless judging by some videos. And people seem to take thrills in becoming popular or being favoured in these places so they themselves can shut off others. The internet turned into the real world, lol.
Last edited by Stolt_Yugoslav; 2019-05-28 at 15:19..
Old 2019-05-28, 23:31   #85
SovietBear4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolt_Yugoslav View Post
In it's heyday the mod had a lot of cool peeps interested in everything from roleplaying to just experiencing more of a teambased version of BF2 with realistic combat.

People were in a way more welcoming to newbies, less PC but generally more harsh in creating the type of gameplay people wanted to experience. So you could fuck up and fuck around but you'd better stil stay true to your role, use a mic and play for the team in a sense.

On the tactical level:

Now you have a bunch of assetwhoring statwhores that tryhard, squads that don't use mics, super alarmist server-admins (The Americans being worse than the Europeans) that can't take a joke and it all creates a much worse environment. Insurgency mode especially is always a fucking mess while the best mode (Command and Control) is never played due to a lack of positive moderation and a lack of a competent player base overall. I come back now and then (use different name nowdays) and I haven't experienced a serious commander in ages. It was a bit more common in the past. Nobody would listen to them now anyway cause the "serious" people have their private discords and squads and the rest don't give two fucks or are assetwhoring for stats.

On the strategic level:

People would unban cheaters but not trolls or jokesters for example. I mean you could argue that both should stay banned but never that the cheater should be unbanned before the troll imo. There are clear cliques in the game, there were DDOS attacks and other attempts to destroy communities, for example that of BlueDrake and Candy Van server. I think more instances than just this one though. There was a lot of internal drama, scamming, someone stole someones clan/server chest and people just made fun of the victim...bah too much to remember. And again, as this thread shows, certain servers are infamous for their admins.

On the geo-strategic level

Old Game,
Server crashing issues persist, though they were much worse for a time,
Updates not to everyones liking
Fewer events and less promotion in general

edit: Oh and on a personal note I hate fucking seeding on Fallujah West, give me skirmish any day of the week instead. The arbitrary (no asset use, no actual completion of objectives, limits on FOB building in some cases) rules set in place on that map make for an unplayable, let alone unenjoyable experience in my opinion leading at least to me never seeding servers.

___

People sound more autistic too, seriously, those that stil play. I think others have moved on mostly. The new generation of cool peeps have new cool games infront of them and don't stumble in here too often.

It's because they have their little cliques and circlejerks. It's like this all over the internet. Where we had cross-community interaction and broadness, both in forums, games and chatrooms we now have exclusitivity and group based social hierarchies.

It's much more profound elsewhere. The internet was supposed to be a place where people that don't know each other and have differing opinions connect to experience and learn from each other. IRC and Usenet or even forums were like that, though in some cases they could be private they were mostly open and encouraged people to come to them. Now we have stuff like Discord where you have to be invited or subreddits that are circlejerks or indeed servers that are private little shitfests.

It's worse elsewhere, I've never played minecraft but the abuse that goes on there from "server owners" is senseless judging by some videos. And people seem to take thrills in becoming popular or being favoured in these places so they themselves can shut off others. The internet turned into the real world, lol.
it all boils down to: it's because bluedrake stopped making videos about this game.

SovietBear4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 12:31   #86
Chernobog95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBear4 View Post
it all boils down to: it's because bluedrake stopped making videos about this game.
By chance do you know why?
Chernobog95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 04:28   #87
Stolt_Yugoslav

As I wrote, a lot of drama, among the worst things was the DDOS:ing of his server.
Stolt_Yugoslav is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happened, playerbase