project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
20 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2016-08-08, 09:22   #11
My_Self
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Civilians are now considered helping the insurgency using the shovel or deploying assets
More on this?
Do i "help" when i have a shovel/phone out or when i'm actually using them?
Are there any delays between switching?
My_Self is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 09:35   #12
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Self View Post
More on this?
Do i "help" when i have a shovel/phone out or when i'm actually using them?
Are there any delays between switching?
When you take a shovel out you are considered helping similar to how it works with the Epipen. For the phone you actually need to place a debloyable through the comorose to be considered helping. You can freely run around with your phone and stay in contact with your family or spot enemies

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 10:10   #13
My_Self
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

So are you saying i can't molest bluefor with my shovel now? Unacceptable!
My_Self is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 10:31   #14
Jacksonez__

Jacksonez__'s Avatar
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
When you take a shovel out you are considered helping similar to how it works with the Epipen. For the phone you actually need to place a debloyable through the comorose to be considered helping. You can freely run around with your phone and stay in contact with your family or spot enemies
Does this reset the ridiculous 2 min civi timer if I have shovel in hand and switch it to melee again?

Jacksonez__ is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 10:33   #15
My_Self
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

I believe it doesn't, the same way it doesn't with the epi.
My_Self is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 11:01   #16
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Does this reset the ridiculous 2 min civi timer if I have shovel in hand and switch it to melee again?
Yes. Stay away from shovel.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 11:02   #17
My_Self
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Shovel resets the timer but epi doesn't? What the hell?
My_Self is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 11:14   #18
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Self View Post
Shovel resets the timer but epi doesn't? What the hell?
Epipen does as well. Not sure why you thought it didnt. These are the weapons you should not select unless you are about to use them:
Code:
# Weapon prefix that permits attackers to kill the civilian inside the ROE
# Default is resuscitate, epipen, epipen_idx6
C['CIV_KILL_WEAPON_TEMPLATES'] = ['klappspaten', 'resuscitate', 'epipen', 'epipen_idx6']

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline
Old 2016-08-08, 11:17   #19
My_Self
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Epipen does as well. Not sure why you thought it didnt.
Because this is what it says in manual:
Quote:
Originally Posted by p31
Perform a resuscitation or administer an epinephrine shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
These are the weapons you should not select unless you are about to use them
Wow, TIL. You do realize it's extremely easy to select a weapon accidentally, right?
My_Self is offline
Last edited by My_Self; 2016-08-08 at 14:36..
Old 2016-08-08, 14:03   #20
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

LiamBai's Avatar
Default Re: v1.4 Public Python Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
You can freely run around with your phone and stay in contact with your family or spot pokemon
Fixed this for you.


Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline
Closed Thread

Tags
beta, public, python, testing, v14
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:48.