project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2014-08-18, 18:48   #41
[R-DEV]​M42 Zwilling
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Russian Breacher Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markunator View Post
If they don't use shotguns, it seems odd that they make them. Like the Saiga-12K, for instance. I think the Breacher class should use that.
Not really. The US makes .22 cal rifles, so is it strange that they aren't used by the military? No... like them, the Saiga is primarily intended for the civilian market.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 19:35   #42
Brooklyn-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
PR is a FPS; if you can't get smallest things correct then you already failed.

Now stop bitching about your failure in denouncing the importance of balance.
This is the feedback section; downplaying your lack of need for balance does not make you seem a better player, it makes you seem like an idiot who only plays on the better side of the imbalance who does not want his advantage over other side taken away.

I made a thread about insurgency, in case you have not noticed.
you need to chill the fuck out and stop making assumptions about people you have never seen ingame.

every fuking thread i see you in you are flaming against others. if the mods are not going to warn you about it, i will.

chill the fuck out.

Brooklyn-Tech is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 20:19   #43
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markunator View Post
If they don't use shotguns, it seems odd that they make them. Like the Saiga-12K, for instance. I think the Breacher class should use that.
I know for sure that Americans love Saiga-12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Tech View Post
you need to chill the fuck out and stop making assumptions about people you have never seen ingame.

every fuking thread i see you in you are flaming against others. if the mods are not going to warn you about it, i will.

chill the fuck out.

If that counts as flaming then you need to stop being so sensitive.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 22:46   #44
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Both of you aren't exactly being nice. Brooklyn-Tech, please resist the temptation next time and report. You didn't sound better than he did.
Anyway, 'you were bitching' was impolite, he's right as far as that goes.

Now back to the Breacher

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2014-08-28, 10:55   #45
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

I got it.

Russian breacher shouldn't have a shotgun.

Instead, can't we give him a "KICK" weapon? Or (since the animation isn't exactly easy to do) just have the regular "punch"-weapon that you get when dropping your kit., and with a little bit of code added HE WOULD PUNCH OPEN THE DOORS!! This would replace his melee weapon iirc is the ak-bayonet, just like the israelis have now.

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 2018-01-13 at 13:18..
Old 2014-08-28, 11:07   #46
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

If every weapon on every kit on every faction is perfectly balanced to its counterpart we will end up having 20 different looking rifles with the same characteristics and loose any identity. We'd end up like in BF 3/4 ...

Russian breacher has been working without shotgun for a long time now already. I don't know where the sudden balance-problems are coming from.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:01   #47
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
If every weapon on every kit on every faction is perfectly balanced to its counterpart we will end up having 20 different looking rifles with the same characteristics and loose any identity. We'd end up like in BF 3/4 ...

Russian breacher has been working without shotgun for a long time now already. I don't know where the sudden balance-problems are coming from.
First of all, this is no where near perfectly balanced.

Stop complaining about good balance solution.
Russian breacher has been working, like ammoless rifleman with hooks/spotter minus gltd.

Instead of like any other faction's breacher/scout which generally has a better close range weapon than rifle.

Rusfed infantry weapons are already objectively inferior in many ways.

If you complain about change, then you are nothing more than one who wish to retain his unfair advantage against another team.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2014-08-29 at 22:07..
Old 2014-08-30, 13:46   #48
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Russian breacher is fine.
Shoot people with your AK, open doors with your C4 (there really aren't that many on maps with russian forces anyway).
Shotgun for CQB isn't that great tbh.
Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 14:13   #49
fecht_niko
Banned

Comrade my friend I think you should play BF3...
Russian breacher is fine.... you have full auto for CQB; RUS also has ATGM tanks, BMP 3, BTR 80a and other OP toys. That's the asymmetrical part of PR.

The only annoying thing is their camo but the rest is fine
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 15:12   #50
Geronimo

This thread leads nowhere.

Geronimo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
breacher, class, russian