project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-12-15, 09:46   #1
DogACTUAL

Default battlerecorder and analyzer tool info

Made this thread already on other forums. I have made videos of several tests i did that show exactly how accurate and reliable battlerecorder and the analyzer tool are. Also to dispel misconceptions that are being propagated about the tool being unreliable. I think this will help admins and players when reviewing BR files or proof videos. Here they are:

As you can see it is accurate with only one exception that i explained in the 2nd video and also further described in the description of the 3rd video. If you want you can also post your feedback here,stuff you found out or ideas for other tests.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 14:29   #2
X-Alt

Default Re: battlerecorder and analyzer tool info

You can still always blame the demo tickrate.

Nice to know though, at least the laser snapping excuse is dead forever.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 19:13   #3
Veterans-Gaming
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Veterans-Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
You can still always blame the demo tickrate.

Nice to know though, at least the laser snapping excuse is dead forever.
Thing about liars is that if you give them enough rope, they'll hang themselves. Just gotta give it a little time. They can only get away with shit for so long before there's more than enough proof to ignore such excuses.

Veterans-Gaming is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 22:35   #4
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I've modified the Command Line script based off TweakGuide and demo.cmd that will be released when v1.6 is out that allows you to modify the demo tickrate (If that's the same as FPS?) as well as run the Battlerecorder resolution in any resolution + other options. It's locked at 30 FPS I think by default, but you can increase it.

It's based on demo.cmd, a tool by DICE to modify the demo parameters and allowing you to view demos without copying over files and navigating in the menu. It will directly boot to any demo recording.

More Info:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.c...howtopic=19628

The reason why it's only for v1.6 is because the tool doesn't link with the game properly which is fixed, same with Battledirector by Sir. Community.

Last edited by Arab; 2018-12-21 at 16:40..
Old 2018-12-16, 08:28   #5
DogACTUAL

That's cool. Or there any other functionalities that are of interest? For example maybe a rewind feature or even ability to skip to speficif parts?

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Old 2018-12-18, 18:43   #6
[R-DEV]​Arab
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
That's cool. Or there any other functionalities that are of interest? For example maybe a rewind feature or even ability to skip to speficif parts?
No rewind in Battlerecorder but there's a website mentioned here by a dev that can do what's mentioned which views server demos.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 06:20   #7
DogACTUAL

Hey Arab, about this tool you've been working on. I have some questions.

1: Is it possible to have a 1st person view option for the player you are watching?

2: Would it be possible to have a zoom function added?

Meaning that you could toggle to several different magnification presets to simulate the various
magnifications players use when looking through different scopes or using vehicle sights? This is very
important for demo analyzing of suspected cheaters, because of LOD switching at different magnifications.

Since a lot of foliage and statics can change their shape and appearance quite drastically depending on
which of their LOD models is displayed, which can lead to players being able to see/or not see enemy
players depending on the magnification they are using. For example an enemy sitting behind a fern, at 1x
magnification he isn't visible but when the player looks through his 8x magnification scope the fern LOD model
changes and now a part of the enemy is visible through the fern.

A feature like this would help a lot to make sure what exactly the player was able to see at any given moment.

3: Can you make battlerecorder replays run/render at a custom resolution that is higher than your native monitor resolution?

That would greatly help when making screenshot or recording video footage, providing much more detail,
especially when analyzing gameplay of someone who says they were using a high resolution monitor.

------------------
Old 2019-07-24, 11:51   #8
[R-DEV]​Arab
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Hey Arab, about this tool you've been working on. I have some questions.

1: Is it possible to have a 1st person view option for the player you are watching?

2: Would it be possible to have a zoom function added?

Meaning that you could toggle to several different magnification presets to simulate the various
magnifications players use when looking through different scopes or using vehicle sights? This is very
important for demo analyzing of suspected cheaters, because of LOD switching at different magnifications.

Since a lot of foliage and statics can change their shape and appearance quite drastically depending on
which of their LOD models is displayed, which can lead to players being able to see/or not see enemy
players depending on the magnification they are using. For example an enemy sitting behind a fern, at 1x
magnification he isn't visible but when the player looks through his 8x magnification scope the fern LOD model
changes and now a part of the enemy is visible through the fern.

A feature like this would help a lot to make sure what exactly the player was able to see at any given moment.

3: Can you make battlerecorder replays run/render at a custom resolution that is higher than your native monitor resolution?

That would greatly help when making screenshot or recording video footage, providing much more detail,
especially when analyzing gameplay of someone who says they were using a high resolution monitor.
Hey DogActual. To answer your questions:

1) Probably hardcoded. Can't do anything modding wise to get it 1P since it's probably loaded in a binary or dll file.

2) Doubt it. In those cases, you can pause and then move towards the direction in and out to confirm if they are using a zoom exploit since objects rendered should be the same in Battlerecorder playback mode.

3) Yes and No. Yes it runs, but only in Windowed Mode. It crashes in full screen mode. Tried using 2560 x 1440, where my max resolution is 1920 x 1080.

To run in Windowed mode, open demo.cmd in Notepad and replace
Code:
set _DEMOOPTS=+restart 0 +fullscreen 1
with
Code:
set _DEMOOPTS=+restart 0 +fullscreen 0
then Save.

You can modify the .bat file in Notepad to replace a resolution option with another one easily though.
The PRBF2DemoPlay.bat (Modified TweakGuides tool) sends the info to DICE's demo.cmd file that plugs it in and launches PRBF2.exe

Last edited by Arab; 2019-07-29 at 04:57..
Old 2019-08-08, 20:33   #9
DogACTUAL

Sry forgot to reply, thanks for the info, next time i boot up battlerecorder i will try this.

------------------

Tags
analyzer, battlerecorder, info, tool