project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-02-08, 17:24   #51
Bastiannn

Default Re: What happened to the playerbase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
Are you kidding me? Asset whores are responsible for prematurely killing server pop, on HOG atleast. 60-70 players left? yeah lets all vote for Khami, , kashan, Black gold, bijar or some such that'll totally boost the server population! Most asset whores (and I speak as one myself) neglect the server population, or the prospect of seeding just to get a chance to drive some cool vehicles around on a half dead server instead.
Its a chronic problem, the amount of times I've seen the server drop from 100 to below 60 in the course of two maps is astounding, and its not just because of bed times, the people who make up the majority of the population are infantry and they dont want to walk around deserts aimlessly to get lit up by laser beam shooting apc's.

In my experience more infantry friendly maps and INS maps in rotation has had a positive correlation with higher server population. Not to say thats all servers should play, but when the population is taking a bit of a slump maybe its time to reconsider playing Bijar canyons so you can drive a BMP-3. Asset whore woes have barley anything to do with low server population, period.
Sounds more like an administration problem than a player problem.

Bastiannn is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-09, 10:30   #52
mries
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
Our monthly playerbase is around 10000 unique players atm (january 2019). in 2018 we had a total of 59k unique players (we are sort of on the same stable trend atm as 2018 ). This about the exact same level as 2014 (v1.0 release). Where obviously 2015 was our peak with standalone release at around 135k.

Just FYI so you guys have actual correct numbers.
Interesting figures, thanks for the transparency!!

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-11, 20:05   #53
Biggest_boss

How odd,those were a lot more players than i initialy thought.
Biggest_boss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-06, 21:52   #54
LowSanityMeter
Project Reality Beta Tester

I think if 1.6 doesn't see a noticeable influx of new players, the devs should consider promoting the game, perhaps by a youtuber like JackFrags, as already mentioned. Either way, I'll be playing this game until there's no one left but bots. I know people are going to lament about newfriends being newbs, but we all have to start somewhere. As long as they're patient and willing to learn, I see no problems.
LowSanityMeter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-06, 23:36   #55
SShadowFox

Promoting by an youtuber isn't simple, PR has nothing to offer to those youtubers so why would they do it? When an youtuber covers a game it's either because it's a very big game and they would lose from not covering it (i.e. Battlefield or Call of Duty), or in the case of indie games, they get some benefits in return for a video, such as getting the game for free, or getting money to the covering.

Both of those are impossible to do with PR, Devs can't say "hey, here's the game for you to play for free", because the game is already free, they also can't give a bunch of money for coverage because since the game is free, they get no monetary return for the cost of sponsoring a video.

Even free games that get sponsored videos still have to offer something, sponsored World of Tanks or War Thunder videos all have the youtuber with a beefed up account with all the vehicles and a bunch of premium currency, PR can't do this either because there's nothing to unlock in this game.

It's extremely rare to see a big youtuber cover a game on his channel just because he likes it, Youtube is their workplace, and they'll try to make as much money as they can from it. I've seen big youtubers straight out say on a video that they really like a game but never covered it because they didn't get a sponsor offer from the developers.

So yeah, don't think we'll be seeing PR from any big youtuber anytime soon.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-06, 23:53   #56
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

people watching youtube videos of people playing games, don't want to play games. the folly of youth.

anyway, i'd say the main reason is it has a steap learning curve and low population across all servers/zones at any one time--- COOP will be the only servers left in the future when even the die-hard PVP players move on with their lives ------- just look at quake / quake 2 etc they still have some die-hard fans playing but the games are far less complex in nature and even then tiny public games -- only EVENT play KEEP it running.

without the source of the engine I can't see BF2/PR having a playerbase revival like DOOM is experiencing --- oh well, have to pin your hopes on Squad or start making a PR mod for squad, bringing back the fun while utilizing the UT4~ engine it's running

Scubbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 10:34   #57
[KSK]S1C3

The problem with PR is not PR, it´s the "Community".
To be more precise: the Staff on the Servers.

I´ve been (PERMANENT) Banned on =HOG= for Creating a Squad with the Name "Germans" by an "admin" that is just one of the seeders with Admin rights.

One Day later I got Banned on PRTA while flying the CAS on Muttrah.
I had someone in my Squad that was Gunning the Cobra, I was just hovering above the City as he was engaging the Targets on the Ground.
About 15 minutes later I saw my Gunner got Banned with the reason "Bye".
I immediately started my way back to the Carrier to ask the Admin why my Gunner got Banned. Just 200m before I could reach the Carrier I got banned as well.
Reason for this? I don´t know, could not see the Message that quick.

I could create an Account on their Website now and create a Ban Appeal but for what?

The Staff on the Servers are are not thinking ahead what they are doing to the Community with perma Bans out of nowhere.
In some situations a Kick or Temp Ban would be enough to clear the Situation.

Since there is only SSG left and some Brazil Server with a Ping out of my Range for a good playing experience I decided to quit Project Reality now after many years of playing.

I played Battlefield 2 from the beginning and started to Play Project Reality years ago. But sadly this chapter has been closed now.

Anyway, the Developers have done a great Job on this Game !

Thank you all for the great times I had on this Game.
[KSK]S1C3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 13:15   #58
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KSK]S1C3 View Post

One Day later I got Banned on PRTA while flying the CAS on Muttrah.
I had someone in my Squad that was Gunning the Cobra, I was just hovering above the City as he was engaging the Targets on the Ground.
About 15 minutes later I saw my Gunner got Banned with the reason "Bye".
I immediately started my way back to the Carrier to ask the Admin why my Gunner got Banned. Just 200m before I could reach the Carrier I got banned as well.
Reason for this? I don´t know, could not see the Message that quick.

I could create an Account on their Website now and create a Ban Appeal but for what?

What is your IGN?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 13:42   #59
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KSK]S1C3 View Post
The problem with PR is not PR, it´s the "Community".
To be more precise: the Staff on the Servers.
Really sorry to hear that S1C3, seems that quite a few people are getting perm-banned for little or no reason these days and quite a few players are leaving because of it

@Server Owners, get your sh*t together as if you keep on going like this, there will be no one to play on your servers but your admins.

Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 16:16   #60
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Really sorry to hear that S1C3, seems that quite a few people are getting perm-banned for little or no reason these days and quite a few players are leaving because of it

@Server Owners, get your sh*t together as if you keep on going like this, there will be no one to play on your servers but your admins.
just revoke HOG's license................. if its damaging the community --- surely thats the point of the license system

Scubbo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happened, playerbase