project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
07 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-03-23, 21:13   #711
KillJoy[Fr]

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Add some muscles to your soldier asap lol

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 21:49   #712
hiberNative

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

that pistol recoil and animations are delicious!

i don't think he should angle his whole body that much when leaning. looks kinda weird. should be more like the arma Ctrl+A movement.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 22:03   #713
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
Is there famine in the Squad universe?
You guys wanted reality!
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 22:23   #714
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 22:59   #715
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah, wouldn't really be nippicky on the player models, just about everything is WIP and alot are placeholders to begin with.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 23:51   #716
Pantera

I know Spush, let letting ya'll know that we are nitpicky as fuck

Its all love really, cant wait to play it, and totally suck.

Also you guys need to create a Noob dynamic too.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 09:34   #717
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spush View Post
Yeah, wouldn't really be nippicky on the player models, just about everything is WIP and alot are placeholders to begin with.
i love how people say the word "placeholder" and have absolutely no sense of the gravity of what that implys. The model has been sculpted, then retopologized, texture wrapped rigged, and animated, and exported to the engine. it is definitely final, accept that flaws and all. any soldier model that replace these character models will take months of work. they can fix things little by little, but there are more pressing matters to deal with than to worry about aesthetics. I think it looks great for what it is, so try not to be such size queens all the time.

That's not an attack on you Spush.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 09:40   #718
Psyko

also, are the heads actually large, or is the recording ingame camera too wide of an angle? try 35mm lense to flatten it out and see if that improves the image. looks like his noggin might be a pinch too big alright.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 11:28   #719
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
any soldier model that replace these character models will take months of work.
wat. so alternating the current model and changing the size of a head and helmet takes months?
inb4 you claim to be a game developer who has worked under deadlines...

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 11:36   #720
Pantera

Is it a possibility that they are using existing character models from the engine?

I know UE4 came with existing assets to use as place holders.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad