project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
04 Oct 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2022-08-16, 11:54   #1
axytho
Supporting Member
Default Operation Falcon AAS Alt

This map almost always ends as a steamroll in favor of the Dutch team.

The community consensus is that the C7 is overpowered vs AK's.

I disagree: I think the problem lies in 2 logis +chinook vs 2 logis.
Militia simply runs out of fobs because two logis cannot cope with fob demand, even with a squad dedicated to fob construction;

Meanwhile assets don't compensate, because the entire dutch team is saving their (one-shot kill) AT's for the BMP-1, while Bushmaster + 2 Fenneks + 2 boxers can kill everything else.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 17:58   #2
Coalz101

Default Re: Operation Falcon AAS Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by axytho View Post
Meanwhile assets don't compensate, because the entire dutch team is saving their (one-shot kill) AT's for the BMP-1, while Bushmaster + 2 Fenneks + 2 boxers can kill everything else.
Assets vs Assets its pretty balanced (without consideration for the map), BMP 1 can 1 tap all their assets with HEAT if not Malyuta. However if you do take consideration for this map and its design, there's not much places BMP 1 can go to get kills without getting 1 tapped by AT from
a nearby bush, whether it be the spike or LAT its a fat slow target like a hovering hind.

Honestly I'll replace 1 boxer with CV90 and 1 bmp with a t62, the 10 second reload can put the t62 in a very bad spot if the cv90 plans and hits right.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 19:45   #3
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Operation Falcon AAS Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by axytho View Post
I disagree: I think the problem lies in 2 logis +chinook vs 2 logis.
Militia simply runs out of fobs because two logis cannot cope with fob demand, even with a squad dedicated to fob construction;
Logistic (and by connection FOBs) situation of Militia is poor on pretty much every map that has Militia layers (tbh maybe Pavlovsk Bay is one big exception). Simply said two logies that Militia usually gets is hard thing for Militia every time, specially if opposite faction has trans choper while Militia does not have direct counter (Ural ZSU) to it.

I really do not get why those logistic vans (from FSA faction) where not added on those maps, as more faster and practical solution to compete with trans helicopters of opposite side (ideally those helicopters would have a bit longer respawn time to balance it around to vans). Pretty sure I suggested that in some point, but tbh I lost count of what I thought out as PR suggestions personally and what I actually suggested around at this point.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote