project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2010-07-09, 10:29   #41
ChiefRyza

Default Re: [MAP] Operation Tempest (4km)

Like I said, completely redoing it over the weekend.

Current project: Operation Tempest
ChiefRyza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 11:41   #42
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Hauteclocque

Great work ChiefRyza, very promising.

Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 15:58   #43
DevilDog812
Banned

looks great!
there is a swamp-based map in a mod im helping out, its really fun to play. its going to be a great place for ambushes since you cant go prone
DevilDog812 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 01:08   #44
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post

View of the jungle with mountains in the distance:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../screen220.png

That's just AWESOME!! With the mountains on the background, realy give an impression of a BIG map!

Keep up the GOOD work on this map.

Will be awesome <3

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:25   #45
ChiefRyza

Update, unfortunately I'm capped so I can't upload any screenshots, but the marsh area is well on its way to genuinely creepy. As the swamp connects the entire map together, it is also going to be a vehicles nightmare to travel through. The water is shallow enough to walk through, but deep enough to cause vehicles to slow down greatly. It is also filled with deep pockets of water so you have to really take care while driving through it (or you could sink pretty quickly). Overgrowth density has been bumped up massively in the swamp so I'll get some screenies up ASAP for feedback. Performing quite steady as well considering I increased the density by about 3 times.

Old 2010-07-11, 03:30   #46
Silly_Savage

Ooh, you're such a tease.

Looking forward to the screenshots.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:37   #47
ChiefRyza

I'm uploading a low quality SS right now, very, very slowly . Will post it here as soon as its done which hopefully won't take too long.

Also, there are lots of areas in the marsh above water, purely because without them the mangroves can't hide people at a distance (because the leaves are pretty high off the ground.)

Old 2010-07-11, 03:41   #48
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

you can always load it up ingame, then type sv.allowfreecam 1, deselect spawns, kill yourself, renderer.drawhud 0 and you can fly around and take pictures with xfire

careful about the OG numbers, it can seem fine performance then you try requesting a kit and get 3 seconds of lag.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:48   #49
ChiefRyza

It's all good, I'm keeping the Overgrowth number under 20,000 on the entire map. Considering most maps in PR have more than that I should be ok, I can request kits fine with no lag. It's not like, super crazy density, that's just not possible on the BF2 engine. It is however enough to move through without being spotted from ages away.

I read what you said about overgrowth numbers in another thread so I made sure I kept it as low and practical as possible.

Ignore the old undergrowth (ie, random super-sized mushroom), it's a salt water-estuary so I'm figuring out what to put in there/ probably mangrove roots, sea-grass etc.

Last edited by ChiefRyza; 2010-07-11 at 04:51..
Old 2010-07-11, 16:58   #50
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Haa looks really great. I imagine an Abrams saying to the infantry to pass first to see how deep the water is.

I suggest you to change the sky, to maybe a darker one or just to a dawn one, with an orange sky. Will give a really cool looking to your map IMO .

And I find that the tree colours are really bright. Do you have generated light maps?

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, operation, tempest, wip