project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2019-08-04, 17:29   #111
DogACTUAL

Default Re: are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

Plz also make explosive/fragmentation weapons splash bigger to comparable levels to PR values. And add sniper kit lol, although CF mod basically already forced the sniper role into the game now in one instance at least and wouldn't have any of OWI retarded reasoning why sniper role leads to camping (marksman totally isn't a camper kit though am i right xD).

And would also be cool to remove excessive HUD elements and friendly name tags popping up at any distance, those are just crutches that take away from the immersion aspect.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-05, 16:55   #112
DogACTUAL

Hmmhh ok i will make another but this time a bit riskier predicition:

This mod or another mod for SQUAD with similar goals will eventually become very popular (once it reached a sufficient development state with enough big changes and maybe even extra content), to the point that it will have a significant impact on the playerbase of vanilla SQUAD.

OWI will either have to incorporate parts of it or the whole mod into their game to not split the playerbase into chunks, or they will maybe adjust the game by themselves to go in the same direction.
Or maybe they would do something else that would be a total dick move... But i don't think they'd do that considering what they said about them being all about mod support.

Ofc i could be wrong and this won't happen for several reasons i can think of, but if OWI sticks to their usual path i think it is quite likely to happen.

Thoughts?

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-07, 15:12   #113
username1212

Expecting too much, they'll just abandon it after release
username1212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-11, 16:24   #114
dolmaface

If anyone is interested the Squad ATHENA PR mod is doing a playtest today at 4PM EST. Discord
https://discord.gg/eep4pH6
Signup
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
Last edited by dolmaface; 2019-08-11 at 18:56..
Old 2019-08-14, 15:18   #115
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
This mod or another mod for SQUAD with similar goals will eventually become very popular (once it reached a sufficient development state with enough big changes and maybe even extra content), to the point that it will have a significant impact on the playerbase of vanilla SQUAD.
Thoughts?
That would.be awesome. It takes hard work and alot of patience, persistence, community organisation and cooperation to get things like this moving. I encourage you to help get the momentum going.

Certainly teamwork mods could influence the development of vanilla Squad, especially if they become hugely successful.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
devs, gonna, mod, prsquad, squad