project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:ARMA3 Mod Forums > PR:ARMA3 General Discussion
16 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA3 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality:ARMA3 modification

Old 2014-01-08, 20:02   #41
Doro

Send a message via AIM to Doro
Default Re: Ask the PR ArmA [DEV]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
Yes, there is. in real life a vest would at the most just injure you when without it you would die. like i said, a good simulation of what would happen in real life would be that the vest would heavily injure a soldier down with the medic having to heal the soldier, if the wound is too big sometimes the medic needs more hands to help him.
In real life at most you would still be killed with a vest. Most of the time you would still be out of the fight completely. Sometimes you would be able to get back up and continue the mission. Like galzohar said, a medic doesn't "heal" anything. Just about anything a medic has to work on you for means your out of the fight for the duration.

Doro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 22:47   #42
CR8Z
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
It's just a way to make people stay together when the game or game mode is not made well enough to make them stay together for realistic reasons.
I would say also to simulate getting reinforcements, like FOBs, rallies, etc.
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 22:58   #43
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8Z View Post
we could make it just like in Wargame and (at risk of being boring as shit) making reinforcements only available when a squad leader and his squad is close to the FOB/Base or when the whole squad (or at least a squad leader) has been killed
Dr_Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:45   #44
galzohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8Z View Post
How does hugging the medic simulate reinforcements? I can sort of understand FOBs and RPs or at least respawns in general simulating reinforcements, but not medic hugging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
we could make it just like in Wargame and (at risk of being boring as shit) making reinforcements only available when a squad leader and his squad is close to the FOB/Base or when the whole squad (or at least a squad leader) has been killed
That wouldn't just be bad gameplay, it would also create horrible exploits and in no way will add to the realism.

galzohar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 23:00   #45
Dr_Death

Quote:
How does hugging the medic simulate reinforcements? I can sort of understand FOBs and RPs or at least respawns in general simulating reinforcements, but not medic hugging.

That wouldn't just be bad gameplay, it would also create horrible exploits and in no way will add to the realism.
i was just suggesting realistic reinforcements, yes, its obviously an horrible experience and gameplay.

But i dont think a chopper or an APC can get into a hot zone just to take one soldier back to his squad.
Old 2014-01-10, 03:12   #46
CR8Z
Supporting Member

Quote:

Only in the sense that the medic function is not realistic at all. Real soldiers downed by fire do not get a patch and carry on, no matter how many medics or hands are working on him. If he's shot in the face, he's out, unless it's an Alamo type of situation, and he can keep fighting with a hole in his face.

In my mind (not a dev), healing with the medic system is like bringing up another body to replace the one that just went down. It keeps your squad "reinforced".
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 08:23   #47
Predator.v2

Any update on this mod? I thought PR:A3 was about 90% ready several months ago?

Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 13:47   #48
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator.v2 View Post
Any update on this mod? I thought PR:A3 was about 90% ready several months ago?
who told you that? PRA2 was not even 30% and it was in the third beta, PRA2 is remaking everything, 90% my balls.

its gonna take at least 3 months more before the first teaser.
Old 2014-01-15, 21:27   #49
IWI-GALIL.556FA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
We aren't stuck on anything per se, it's just as they say, the last 10% take 90% of the time. The fact that over the past few weeks I've been really busy at work doesn't help.
Technically he did say they were 90% finished
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f58...ack-there.html

And now, we wait.....
IWI-GALIL.556FA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 03:24   #50
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWI-GALIL.556FA View Post
Technically he did say they were 90% finished
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f58...ack-there.html
oh my god, REALLY?

I CANT WAIT

Tags
arma, devs