project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:ARMA3 Mod Forums > PR:ARMA3 General Discussion
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA3 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality:ARMA3 modification

Old 2014-01-03, 13:52   #31
Devastator gr

Thumbs up Re: Ask the PR ArmA [DEV]s a (?)

Hi ! i watched arma3 trailer and my brain blew up! graphics seem to be super amazing and the maps very detailed. of course i wait for pr2 like hell but in the meantime..! i think of arma3 with pr mod style(maps realistic weapons vehicles jets etc.) which doesnt crash or having slow fps moments in game and the mature community prbf2 has. That would be something out of this world ( is all of these possible? thats my question)!! I always was a warfare tactics lover( of course not lover of the war itself i wish wars never existed). i red war facts from books or internet , watched documentaries from internet, i was playing massive wars with toy soldiers as a kid, i was even drawing and playing war battles on paper something like bf series games before these games exist! imagine my joy now playing/watching(ytube) these games,bf pr or arma(which i havent played yet)..
Devastator gr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 16:07   #32
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Ask the PR ArmA [DEV]s a (?)

Will there be revive system similar to PR:Bf2 where you can`t be shot dead-dead with small arms or will it be A2:PR style where wounded soldiers can be shot dead while on the ground?
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 18:38   #33
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Will there be revive system similar to PR:Bf2 where you can`t be shot dead-dead with small arms or will it be A2:PR style where wounded soldiers can be shot dead while on the ground?
i dont think so, the arma engine is far more capable and flexible than the BF2 engine. an actual bleedout system and simulation of bones and limbs can be done
Dr_Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 16:02   #34
sparks50
Supporting Member

I think its a legit question as the "unconscious" state was very exposed to fire in A2PR. The medic role was no longer the glue binding the squad together like in BF2.
sparks50 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:18   #35
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks50 View Post
I think its a legit question as the "unconscious" state was very exposed to fire in A2PR. The medic role was no longer the glue binding the squad together like in BF2.
yeah, you could notice that the medic had barely any role in-game
Old 2014-01-06, 20:09   #36
galzohar

Well, in real life the medic doesn't have anything to do either if the dude is dead, and in real life injured people can still be shot and killed. Also, in real life the medic really isn't anything that even resembles the role of "the glue binding the squad together". In real life what binds the squad together is the need to cover each other and have more firepower.

galzohar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 22:03   #37
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
Well, in real life the medic doesn't have anything to do either if the dude is dead, and in real life injured people can still be shot and killed. Also, in real life the medic really isn't anything that even resembles the role of "the glue binding the squad together". In real life what binds the squad together is the need to cover each other and have more firepower.
and in real life kevlar wont make you feel nothing when you got shot, armor would just prevent your quick death and the medic work is to prevent it.

But in the closest simulation to real life, armor should make you bleed out and a medic should be able to fully heal you (if enough components are present), unless the wound is too deep, wich in that case the injured may require the assistance of 2 or more people
Old 2014-01-07, 15:19   #38
galzohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
But in the closest simulation to real life,
Sorry, but I just don't see how what you described is anywhere near "closest simulation to real life". Other than the fact it has a medic and in injured guy in it, there is absolutely no connection between what you described and what would actually happen in real life.

Old 2014-01-07, 19:38   #39
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
Sorry, but I just don't see how what you described is anywhere near "closest simulation to real life". Other than the fact it has a medic and in injured guy in it, there is absolutely no connection between what you described and what would actually happen in real life.
Yes, there is. in real life a vest would at the most just injure you when without it you would die. like i said, a good simulation of what would happen in real life would be that the vest would heavily injure a soldier down with the medic having to heal the soldier, if the wound is too big sometimes the medic needs more hands to help him.
Old 2014-01-08, 19:37   #40
galzohar

Medics in real life don't really heal nothing. If you're combat ineffective due to injury, no medic, doctor or witch doctor (well maybe the last one might if you find a real one) will make you fight again without a long recovery. So healing soldiers by a medic in the field to bring him back into the fight, and everyone sticking close to the medic so he can bring them back from the dead does not in any way simulate anything remotely realistic. It's just a way to make people stay together when the game or game mode is not made well enough to make them stay together for realistic reasons.

Tags
arma, devs