project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:ARMA3 Mod Forums > PR:ARMA3 General Discussion
15 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA3 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality:ARMA3 modification

Old 2013-12-13, 18:21   #21
Dr_Death

Default Re: Ask the PR ArmA [DEV]s a (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
A2 assets are really just source files that need to be added as a mod to the game. Same goes for using A2 assets via AllInArma.
But my question still stands:

Will they remake modern assets or use the base assets?

i think that using the ArmA engine to remake ALL of the modern assets that ArmA 1/2 used as examples will take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time (even more with the small amount of devs the team has)
Dr_Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 20:27   #22
Viktor Zephyr Obrien
Exclamation Re: Ask the PR ArmA [DEV]s a (?)

Uhm...
In my opinion, weapons, assets, armies, veichles and all the other stuff are not very important at this moment.
First of all is necessary make a good MULTIPLAYER GAMING, increasing teamwork, team cooperation and including a GOOD COMUNICATION SYSTEM like mumble or, better, ACRE system, like all the other Project Reality mod.
For second is important make the game MORE REALISTIC increasing some basic aspects of the heal management and of the logistic system etc...
And there is an other thing, Arma 3 have a problem: the big quantity of little mods that small or medium community have made for them. This increase the fragmentation of the players that use different versions of the game, then is difficoult find a server, a good server, a server like Project reality servers...
For now Arma 3 have a large amount of elements, it have tons of weapon and a good number of equipment, but its best, the multiplayer, have a lot of problem and it isn't the multiplayer that we want; I think that only our community can make an important mod for this game, a mod that have an important mark like Project Reality.
Viktor Zephyr Obrien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 13:45   #23
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor Zephyr Obrien View Post
Uhm...
In my opinion, weapons, assets, armies, veichles and all the other stuff are not very important at this moment.
First of all is necessary make a good MULTIPLAYER GAMING, increasing teamwork, team cooperation and including a GOOD COMUNICATION SYSTEM like mumble or, better, ACRE system, like all the other Project Reality mod.
For second is important make the game MORE REALISTIC increasing some basic aspects of the heal management and of the logistic system etc...
And there is an other thing, Arma 3 have a problem: the big quantity of little mods that small or medium community have made for them. This increase the fragmentation of the players that use different versions of the game, then is difficoult find a server, a good server, a server like Project reality servers...
For now Arma 3 have a large amount of elements, it have tons of weapon and a good number of equipment, but its best, the multiplayer, have a lot of problem and it isn't the multiplayer that we want; I think that only our community can make an important mod for this game, a mod that have an important mark like Project Reality.
wasn't PR a teamwork simulation instead of a realism warfare simulation? at least thats what certain japanese dev told me.
Old 2013-12-19, 14:27   #24
Viktor Zephyr Obrien

I'm not secure to have understood the question...
PR is both a teamwork simulation both a more realistic warfare simulation...
Isn't it right?
Old 2013-12-19, 14:37   #25
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Sounds right to me, i think PR wants to be a game with superb teamplay components in a realistc warfare situation, but it has not the the aim to "simulate" everything.

So its better in the beginning of the development that you have maybe just 3 weapons that will shoot realistic and with a working UI that supports the teamwork mindset than have 200 weapons that are not balanced and an overload patchwork UI that allows you to do anything. Adding more functions, weapons and vehicles later is much easier if you have a good fundament that works.

[KSK]
Last edited by ghostfool84; 2013-12-19 at 18:21..
Old 2013-12-19, 16:48   #26
Viktor Zephyr Obrien

Yes, you are right, so, first we should work for a good fundament, including a few weapons, then we have to lunch the mod with basic but working elements, and after we can proceed with the developement for a more complete version of the mod like Project Reality for Battlefield 2.
What do you think?
Old 2013-12-19, 22:57   #27
Dr_Death

I think (against the developers mind) that PR can be both an actual simulation of war (as long as an 3-hours PvP match can be) and also a teamwork game. Using what BF2Pr has now (minimalistic UI) and a good simulation of weapons.

The biggest problems with the PRBF2 when talking about realism would be the Squad system (wich depends on every country) and the use of vehicles.
Old 2013-12-20, 10:01   #28
Viktor Zephyr Obrien

Yes, It's right.
But I have an other question: is there anithing that can we do for help Arma 3 Project reality deveopement?
I would like to give some support to the project.
Old 2013-12-21, 05:36   #29
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor Zephyr Obrien View Post
Yes, It's right.
But I have an other question: is there anithing that can we do for help Arma 3 Project reality deveopement?
I would like to give some support to the project.
we are lowly players, we are just workers, the backbone, but just nothing. we cant do nothing but to suggest, test and report.

The game foundation:

STR
Old 2013-12-24, 13:44   #30
Viktor Zephyr Obrien

Yes, I understand...

Tags
arma, devs