project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-10-20, 13:10   #11
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke
Default Re: Question for the Devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Funny how everyone asks for this, but this is exactly what Squad is, just it has a long way to go before it has all of what PR has, which is 10 years of development and refinement.
And Muttrah.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 15:45   #12
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
@airsoft

Please for the love of god, take what's good in PR and make your own game.

Not squad, never squad!
This is exactly what squad is doing, taking that focus on authentic warfare feeling and communication. Doing a fresh new take on it, with 1000x more possibilities than Refractor 2 ever offered PR.

Squad will continue to evolve, just like PR has always done, and it will become more and better than PR was. 12 years of super hard volunteer work cant be compared with 1+ year of dedicated paid development by a small (~20 devs) team. Just think of the 100+ developers that have molded PR into what it is now. So its all about taking the essence of PR, and creating the same magic in a modern technological engine. Nobody can do that in an instance, and just like PR was, Squad will be molded on the same rocks of teamwork and communication. And it will take alot less time than 12 years this time aroud

tl:dr
Squad is what PR was a decade ago, amazing, but not polished.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 08:47   #13
obpmgmua

Quote:
Funny how everyone asks for this, but this is exactly what Squad is, just it has a long way to go before it has all of what PR has, which is 10 years of development and refinement.
I'm not gonna wait a decade for squad to be playable. Besides hardcore fps games are a niche market. I'm talking about making something for the core audience for the 80% of under served consumers who want something more fulfilling than CoD and less complicated than Arma.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 15:52   #14
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
I'm not gonna wait a decade for squad to be playable. Besides hardcore fps games are a niche market. I'm talking about making something for the core audience for the 80% of under served consumers who want something more fulfilling than CoD and less complicated than Arma.
Then the answer is simple, stick with PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
And Muttrah.
lolz

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 09:59   #15
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Nobody said it's going to take a decade. What you don't seem to understand is that a commercial game is not comparable to a community modded game development-time-wise.

Besides, why would the game of the current PR team be finished earlier than the game of the Squad team (which consist mostly of PR Devs too)? After your logic, you would wait "a decade" for the former, but not the latter? Why do you think the former would be finished earlier than "a decade" in the first place? (If you wouldn't think that, you wouldn't have created this thread in the first place)

Your logic is so flawed it hurts.
Last edited by carmikaze; 2016-10-22 at 10:14..
Old 2016-10-31, 16:14   #16
JohnnyPissoff

Quote:
I concur. I've been playing PR since the .3 mini mod. It's been wonderful playing and anticipating the builds. Lot of great maps have come and gone through the years as well. Thanks brother Rhino. I will indeed contribute and try squad....but first and for now....a little more PR for me 'cause it's been way too long an absence.

JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
devs, question