project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
21 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2012-10-07, 21:02   #1
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole
Default Yamalia AAS 0.973 - Map Balance

Overall the balance of the map, flag and asset wise seems to be slightly in favour of Canada.

1. Logistics: Canada has 2 Chinooks which can supply the team more effectively and in less time than Russia's 3 helos. This advantage can be leveraged to great effect in the early game in conjunction with point 4 below.

2. Armour: I am not sure about the tank layer (although I am told the the Leopard has a faster fire rate) but on the Alt layer the LAVs have access to Thermals whilst the BTRs do not, which seems to greatly limit their general effectiveness.

3. HAT Kits: As far as anti armour goes, the Canadians also get guided HAT kits, whereas the Russians do not.

4. Deployment: The Canadian choppers are actually able to deploy slightly faster at the beginning of the round than the Russians, meaning Canada can drop Inf around Papa/Romeo/Tango Four at approx the same time as Russ. This gives the the Canadians a potential aggressive impetus in the early stages.

All in all there are a number of small advantages towards the Canadian faction on Yamalia, whereas there seems to be few areas in which the Russians can claim an advantage back.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:41   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Yamalia AAS 0.973 - Map Balance

The RU tanks get a TOW iirc, evens it out pretty well. Though good points otherwise

edit - I imagine the air situation will be balanced out with this https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blo...dont-work.html

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 00:36   #3
40mmrain
Supporting Member

The Leo is a bit faster, with a better reload I believe, however it and the T90 have the same health statistics. This is balanced by the T90's lower profile and ATGM which is more powerful. The BTR has a much, much faster fire rate and a considerably larger cannon so it is in near equilibrium with the LAV.

The HAT kit issue is present however with the next patch only 1 HAT is available per team which makes this less prevalent. Also, the RU HAT sight is probably going to be fixed..

Also, will the paradrop be reimplemented? Why was that removed it was fucking awesome!
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 01:30   #4
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
Also, will the paradrop be reimplemented? Why was that removed it was fucking awesome!
The primary reason was because with the parachute kits, the Canadians didn't get incendiary grenades (so they couldn't destroy crates, FOBs, etc.). This may change for v1.0 and the mapper may make other changes too.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 04:57   #5
40mmrain
Supporting Member

yeah incendiary are removed, so that ought not be an issue..
Old 2012-10-08, 08:53   #6
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
edit - I imagine the air situation will be balanced out with this https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blo...dont-work.html
That should go a long way towards fixing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
The primary reason was because with the parachute kits, the Canadians didn't get incendiary grenades (so they couldn't destroy crates, FOBs, etc.). This may change for v1.0 and the mapper may make other changes too.
I would have hoped the reason it was removed was because it left the Canadians at a major disadvantage By the time Canada had capped their first flag and gained access to their main base assets, the Russians could have deployed anywhere on the map they liked uncontested. See my thread here.

Mayhaps the old Para spawn would work if the Russian choppers were on delayed spawn. Or, as suggested in the thread above, if there were multiple para spawns over the 2nd and 3rd flag locations.

Old 2012-10-09, 01:32   #7
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

That was one of the other reasons, yes.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 02:13   #8
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post

I would have hoped the reason it was removed was because it left the Canadians at a major disadvantage By the time Canada had capped their first flag and gained access to their main base assets, the Russians could have deployed anywhere on the map they liked uncontested. See my thread here.

Mayhaps the old Para spawn would work if the Russian choppers were on delayed spawn. Or, as suggested in the thread above, if there were multiple para spawns over the 2nd and 3rd flag locations.
If the canadians have better armour, helis and AT weapon then shouldnt that have balanced out against the less flags? But yes delayed chopper, and armour spawns would fix this anyhow. For next patch when the griffon is done, there are no incendiary, there is only 1 HAT/team, and the russian HAT is better, so paradropping with even flags makes sense.

Arent the normandy guys doing a static cargo plane to para out of? WOuld it be possible to have static chinooks for the first few minutes, instead of just spawning mid air? That would be killer. Make it the alt layer too, so we can keep the old symmetrical stuff
Old 2012-10-09, 20:30   #9
Stemplus

I don't really get it. Paradrop and no fosses for canadians? Since when? I've played Yamalia billion times and I've never noticed that :/

Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 20:45   #10
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
If the canadians have better armour, helis and AT weapon then shouldnt that have balanced out against the less flags?
Iirc, as it was Russia could land on the Canadians 2nd flag, build a FoB (or a few FoBs at the same time I suppose) and all before it was physically possible for Canada to be on that flag. That's a huge advantage.

As it is right now, Canada has a slight advantage in maybe 2 or 3 areas, so the two situations aren't really comparable in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemplus View Post
I don't really get it. Paradrop and no fosses for canadians? Since when? I've played Yamalia billion times and I've never noticed that :/
Yamalia used to have a para spawn, it no longer does.

Tags
aas, balance, map, yamalia