project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2012-08-30, 13:01   #1
Qaiex

Default Metal Gear Solid V

You better believe I am hyped as shit for this game.

The Japanese text on the right reads 待たせたな which means "sorry to have kept you waiting".

Gamespot and others were shown a demo at the MGS 25th anniversary, and described it as so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot
The scene starts in a remote military base with heavy rain. The camera is following a shadowy figure in a business suit and hat accompanied by a number of well-armed soldiers and guard dogs as he converses with a little boy in a cage. He throws a portable music player after some dialogue and the boy proceeded to use it. The rest of the scene was playing "Here's To You" from the film "Sacco e Vanzetti" (also on Metal Gear Solid 4) as the man in a coat rides off to an airfield before taking off on a helicopter to an undisclosed location. Before erasing the "XOF" emblem off of the helicopter, he took out his hat and speaks about what transpired in very vague words. His face and head was all burned-up and scarred with no hair; at this point in time, we have no idea who he is. He proceeded to toss away all a stash of mini "XOF" emblems as he flew off with the rest of the soldiers.

[....]

Series creator Hideo Kojima then took centrestage and showed off the title's gameplay for a few minutes. We see Snake do what he does best: go in a prone state and sneak around (no Octocam this time; just old-fashioned crawling and hiding), as well as going into aiming mode in third person shooting a nearby guard at a security post. We should also mention that the demo gave out a sandbox open-world vibe; the military base itself felt expansive and huge, and Snake can summon a helicopter to bring him around as well as drive a jeep to go from point A to B. Kojima did state that he wishes to add a new spin to the stealth genre; even when you're discovered, you can use all the means and tools to escape rather than see a "game over" screen.
Read all of it here: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes shows off Fox Engine shine and possible open-world elements - GameSpot.com

Some more details from the Famitsu article:

- They're definitely targeting PS3/360 for this game, but Fox Engine can also make next-gen games
- This is not a normal tech demo, they're showing actual development from their current open world sneaking game
- Apparently the script had lines about "soldiers who cannot return home", "Paz", and "Mother Base". All references to Peace Walker.

Twitter impressions from people who saw the demo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
John Ricciardi ‏@johntv
Well other ppl talking about it so...next MG shown, and it looks F'ing HOT. Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes #foxengine #mgs25 #openworld #want

@markmacd 12:09 AM
Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow.

@kazamatsuri 12:08 AM
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes demo was truly amazing, running on a PC at current-gen specs. Wow. #mg25

@markmacd
Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING

@ItCameFromJapan 12:55 AM
Sorry for the delayed tweet - distracted by the wine. #MGS Ground Zeroes on Fox Engine - rich detail, open world, and Old Snake is back!
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:27   #2
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:29   #3
ma21212
Supporting Member

If its not coming to the PC I dont give a fuck, MGS 3 has come to every gaming device except the PC.

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:35   #4
Stealthgato

Oh, looking forward to this.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:35   #5
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
If its not coming to the PC I dont give a fuck, MGS 3 has come to every gaming device except the PC.
shit i'll loan you my ps3...

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 16:03   #6
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
The games don't play well with a mouse and keyboard though. You need the stick to comfortably switch between different movement speeds.

Btw can a mod edit the title to read Ground Zeroes... Apparently it's called Zeroes, not Zero.
lol Kojima.
Old 2012-08-30, 16:27   #7
BroCop

Well the existence of Splinter Cell calls bull on that logic (theres this thing called a mouse wheel...i know i know it might come as a shock to you but the thing really exists)

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 16:34   #8
Qaiex

I said comfortably.
There are also tons of pressure sensitive control things in the MGS games. With aiming and interrogating people with your knife etc.
One button holds them, grab it tighter and you choke them, press the square button lightly and you put a knife to their throat, press it tightly and you slit their throats.

I played MGS2 on the PC as well as the PS2, and it was awkward as all hell on the PC.
Old 2012-08-30, 17:21   #9
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Deadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
I played MGS2 on the PC as well as the PS2, and it was awkward as all hell on the PC.
That's because the port was terrible. Yes, it's true MGS has pressure sensitive controls (which makes it impossible to play on an old, worn out controller ), but keyboards have modifier keys (Shift) and a hundred extra buttons you could bind actions to. And if that doesn't work for you, you can always plug in a controller.
Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 17:54   #10
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
That's because the port was terrible. Yes, it's true MGS has pressure sensitive controls (which makes it impossible to play on an old, worn out controller ), but keyboards have modifier keys (Shift) and a hundred extra buttons you could bind actions to. And if that doesn't work for you, you can always plug in a controller.
PC controller with pressure sensitive buttons, does such a thing exist

also 360 controller isnt pressure sensitive so HOW COME THEY GET A PORT

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gear, ground, metal, solid, zeroes