project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
22 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2008-04-08, 03:16   #11
kilroy0097
Supporting Member

I was just informed that administrators on my favorite PR server just introduced the additional shader MD5 check on the server. This coincides exactly with the current issue I am having. It was a matter of files being corrupted or changed a complete removal and re-installation should have immediately solved this issue.
kilroy0097 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 03:29   #12
Haze

This link could be relevant to your issues:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...-solution.html
Haze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 05:46   #13
kilroy0097
Supporting Member

Actually it's exactly relevant to my issues unfortunately the fixes suggested, while good suggestions for most cases, do not work for me specifically.

After the removal of all BF2 related programs, folders including profiles and such in the Battlefield 2 directory created in My Documents and also removing all registry entries, I don't see how I could have anything left BF2 related. Then to do a clean install on top of all that means I have zero modified files.

I just don't know what this increased security via Punkbuster is looking for and I don't know why it's not liking original BF2 files when nothing has been touched. It boggles my mind.

Also I feel that a complete reformat and reinstall of Win XP and all my applications, drivers and everything is not an acceptable fix to something that was never broken before and suddenly is now due to this implementation of increased security PB on the server side.

Edit Add: For the sake of being thorough I will download a fresh version of BF2 Patch 1.41 and re-install the patch to make quadruple sure that those files are not changed in any way. If that doesn't work I'm stumped.
Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-04-08 at 06:13..
Old 2008-04-08, 10:04   #14
Aiii

Exclamation hey

Hello Guys!

I have a working solution for this.

Replace that file with a working one or a new bf2 install can fix this issue.

Here is =CIDA=Mozo1 's file. It's working! No more PB error messages for this reason!

2shared - download shaders_client.zip

Replace the old file here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR OLD FILE!

It is not hacked or edited. Its the original installed version.

Have Fun!

Last edited by Aiii; 2008-04-08 at 15:28..
Old 2008-04-09, 06:13   #15
kilroy0097
Supporting Member

So I reran the BF2 Patch 1.41 and the PR 0.756 patch. Start up the game, load up a map and it now crashes when I press the join button. *sigh* Seriously what the hell is going on? I really don't want to have to reformat and reinstall every damn thing.
Old 2008-04-09, 06:25   #16
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
So I reran the BF2 Patch 1.41 and the PR 0.756 patch. Start up the game, load up a map and it now crashes when I press the join button. *sigh* Seriously what the hell is going on? I really don't want to have to reformat and reinstall every damn thing.
Did you remember to repatch the levels? I remember that when I don't have xyz level (such as training) it'll crash straight out.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 07:32   #17
squall6677

i think you're going to have to send a PM to [R-DEV]Gaz, he was looking into my last issues with this patch, it seems a few files dont work properly.

i have no idea what file could be causing this, but MD5 mismatch is a line error, so you need to find the specific file for the problem and take some logs to the devs so they can find the line.

although i still say scrap 0.756. far too many problems with it.

P.S. check my last post, Deadfast sorted out some .BAT scripts which have fixed the startup error on my machine, that had something to do with shaders, might help.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...esnt-work.html
squall6677 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:41   #18
kilroy0097
Supporting Member

Ok another list of attempts...

1. Reinstalled Video Drivers.
2. Reinstalled BF 1.41 Patch
3. Reinstalled both PR 0.7 setup and levels files.
4. Reinstalled PR Patch 0.756
5. Updated Punk Buster manually just to be certain.

It no longer crashes on Kashan. It STILL gives me the MD5 Shaders error. There is nothing happening to my shaders_client.zip. It is not changed. It is the exact same size as it was before. I attempted downloading the shader_client.zip file in the other thread to see if it was something wonky and it didn't work either.

So I'm done. I have no other options but to PM a Dev and hope for some kind of solution.
Help me [R-DEV]Gaz, you're my only hope.
Old 2008-04-09, 16:25   #19
Darktrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
So I'm done. I have no other options but to PM a Dev and hope for some kind of solution.
Help me [R-DEV]Gaz, you're my only hope.
Here's the way i solved the problem... May seem odd but it works for me. At least save your old file before erasing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktrooper View Post
I solved this problem reinplacing the shaders_client.zip in Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 by the one in mods\pr. It seems that my game, despite a reinstallation, didn't do it itself at the launch.

Now i'm able to play on TG and such servers from where i was kicked before... On the counterpart, that means (i think) i can't play vBF2 anymore without restauring the file. But what's the point in playing vBF2 when you have PR working ?

I hope that will help you. Good luck.
Darktrooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:02   #20
arn354

Quote:
Ok another list of attempts...

1. Reinstalled Video Drivers.
2. Reinstalled BF 1.41 Patch
3. Reinstalled both PR 0.7 setup and levels files.
4. Reinstalled PR Patch 0.756
5. Updated Punk Buster manually just to be certain.
I miss the informations:
- Which operating system?
- UAC enabled if Vista - limited user account?
- Do you start PR using PR.exe and NOT BF2.exe?

You don't have troubles with punkbuster, nor with the md5-checks.

You just don't have the correct file in place.
PR.exe copies the mods/pr/shaders_client.zip to mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip and to mods/xpack/shaders_client.zip on starting PR. On closing PR - all gets restored back.

Your problem is that you still have the stock bf2 mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip in place.
Either PR.exe is not used or PR.exe is not able to perform the intended changes due to operating system limitations.

If nothing of the above applies - and PR.exe is used and is able to copy mods/pr/shaders_client.zip to mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip and you still get the md5-mismatch - then your file gets modified (virus/trojan) - get rid of guests on your system (online/web av-scan) - or your harddisk/ram will fail soon.
arn354 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
error, md5tool, mismatch, punkbuster, troubleshooting