project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
13 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-28, 00:05   #1
Vision_16

Default OH-58 Status

I know not to ask when it's going to be released or when its going to be in game, but what's the status on modeling/texturing/coding or w/e? How close is it to being completed and ready (Not so much in-game)?

|TG| MagnumPI : "Well that was a fun march of pwnage."
Old 2010-06-28, 00:07   #2
[R-COM]H.sta
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Default Re: OH-58 Status

as far as i know, the OH 58 is allready ingame, just not used on any maps

if it isn't i saw one a portfolio that a dev was making something, don't really know wich one, as all i saw was his real name

Last edited by Z-trooper; 2010-06-28 at 00:29..
Old 2010-06-28, 00:18   #3
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.sta View Post

if it isn't i saw one a portfolio that a dev was making something, don't really know wich one, as all i saw was his real name
That's *snip* i think

Last edited by Z-trooper; 2010-06-28 at 00:33..
Old 2010-06-28, 00:26   #4
Raynizzle1691

Why don't it replace the Little Birds? Wouldn't that be more realistic as Little Birds are usually used in special operations rather than conventional battles?

Old 2010-06-28, 00:29   #5
[R-COM]H.sta
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Here is a thread recently started on that excact subject, take your discussion and opinions there:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...till-good.html

Old 2010-06-28, 00:30   #6
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Edited out that link. Please don't post that around here.

And WRT the Kiowa. It is done when it is done - exactly like everything else PR related is. When there are news about it - you will be able to find it through either Highlights, Blogs or Official News.

As simple as that.
Old 2010-06-28, 00:36   #7
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Why are you even asking this question in totally the wrong forum? This is the Community Modding forums, about community members making/modding something, not about stuff being crated for the mod by the Development team....

Moved to General Desc.

Anyways to answer your question, The OH-58D is just fine, in fact I have its max scene open at the moment and working on the LODs.

The main obstacle in the way currently of it being released is it needs a cockpit texture and since we have very few texture artists on our team and many things that need a texture if it will be done in time for the next release I do not know, that depends on how much time the texture artists have etc.

If you want to get it in the game quicker I suggest you learn how to texture

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.sta View Post
it is "already ingame" as such in a basic export but it has no LODs, basic coding and most importantly, no cockpit texture currently. As such, it can't be used until thous things are sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynizzle1691 View Post
Why don't it replace the Little Birds? Wouldn't that be more realistic as Little Birds are usually used in special operations rather than conventional battles?
It will replace the little birds in the scout helicopter role when its released, that's not to say it will completely replace the ltitlebirds in all its roles just the scouting role.

EDIT: damn ninja Z

Old 2010-06-28, 00:59   #8
[R-CON]​sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

Well I'm glad to here that, I thought it just went AWOL :S

Killing the enemy sylently
Old 2010-06-28, 12:14   #9
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohais View Post
I know not to ask when it's going to be released or when its going to be in game, but what's the status on modeling/texturing/coding or w/e? How close is it to being completed and ready (Not so much in-game)?
So, you know you shouldn't be asking and that it is pointless to ask and yet you still did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Z-trooper View Post
And WRT the Kiowa. It is done when it is done - exactly like everything else PR related is. When there are news about it - you will be able to find it through either Highlights, Blogs or Official News.

As simple as that.
This.

Locked.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Closed Thread

Tags
oh58, status