project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2011-11-25, 14:58   #41
angellfall
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Now we are seriously starting to need some moderator over here...

However

As sisu admin:

The point of the project was to create unique server for use of the BF2 PR community. As someone might know by now (whom have done their homework) the server is costing alot money per month to upkeep. We have had this basic number 400-500 e per month. Part of the cost is the hardware what had to be bought for the server. I must bolden up most of the servers running pr 64 man COULD NOT handle the amount of above 100 players.

Also the websites(sisu.kompassi.com), Stat boards, Webadmin project, TS (kompassi.com) Are included to this. To those who say sisu is getting ripped of, we are not. Fact is for someone to develop something like this its gonna take money.

This leads us to the clan/community discussion behind the sisu development. With this i must be expecially clear with all my typos included. The plan to not get "paying community" or "clan" behind the project was clear. WE ARE SEEING THE WHOLE PR BF2 COMMUNITY (This includes all players even you if you are not player yet) as the sisu's backround community. Sisu's was not ment to greate any borders to players ( Oh these players are part of sisu community so they are paying something for every month) etc. Plan was to get everyone to participate because the server was and is still for everyone playing BF2 PR. For those who donated we had nothing to else to give but our thanks and warm hugs and love. For those who didnt donate they had still something to offer to the sisu (PR:bf2) community by playing and providing good base for teamwork enviroment.

What comes to the integrating the sisu server code to PR I can not give any statement since this is not in my hands (im not a dev of PR). How ever the project is still wery much alive and if you want to start playing on sisu go and put some coins in to it. As with every server there have to be community behind the server. So as sisu admin and as a player i hope that the player base could realize this that they actually are the sisu's community.


Renting the server to host your own party or event is still avaible more info from sisu.kompassi.com

To sum things up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
What is currently happening though? Is it being worked on?

This is the single most major breakthrough since mumble, people want to know. I think we would just know if it has been scrapped or not.

ITS ALIVE
angellfall is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 15:09   #42
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Wicca's Avatar
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Still think 500 dollars is way too much. Like i said 100 euroes is all you need.

The question angellfall is, if we donate money, will the code be worked on? Will the code eventually be released to public? How do we know it is being worked on? And can we get a promise from the dev team that it will be released?

If i cant get that confirmation, why should i donate?

The NEW and TG community is donating their servers for free, for testing the mappack. Why cant SISU do the same?


Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 15:40   #43
angellfall
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Still think 500 dollars is way too much. Like i said 100 euroes is all you need.

The question angellfall is, if we donate money, will the code be worked on? Will the code eventually be released to public? How do we know it is being worked on? And can we get a promise from the dev team that it will be released?

If i cant get that confirmation, why should i donate?

The NEW and TG community is donating their servers for free, for testing the mappack. Why cant SISU do the same?

The server code has been improved almost everytime server has been up as bug minimizing etc. There is still some issues disturbing heavily the server tho as ghost's to be to most painfull issue. That if the code is released to public i doubt. However the plans where to in somepoint integrate it with the PR.

Why should you donate? Well that is easy to answer: To get the server up and running. As my self i would think the development of the code is just bonus what i get when i donate. As the code quite ready allready. And with is flaws it is still playable.

Thing is NEW is community and TG is community. They have someone behind their servers and paying the fees. However as i wrote earlier when it comes to sisu both NEW and TG and even you are part of the sisu community since we hold sisu as community for everyone who plays PR. But sisu as if is bigger is not differ from the other smaller communities someone still need to pay the fees. At this moment none of our beloved community members (You included) are not donating any coins for the server so the server is down. After our community (PR bf2 player base) will start donating againg the server will be up againg. Simple as it is. Same applies to those smaller communities telling "give us the code we will run it" well you must realize you allready have the code. everyone is wellcomed to play on the sisu when it is up.
angellfall is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 16:09   #44
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

BloodyDeed's Avatar
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

But please, you can't expect that players will donate that already spend a lot of their money to their own servers.
I'm paying alot for servers each month for a few years now. I love to see SISU working on 128 but I can't spend even more money on PR.
Especially if others got the hardware too and can provide them for free (we actually hosted 128 too in the beginning).

I think the problem some of the people might have is that you are actually asking for money. No Money = no testing.
But we live in a modding community where everybody does everything for free. Of course server needs to payed but have you ever thought about how many hours the DEVs spend on their maps/vehicles/weapons?
Did they EVER asked you for money?

128p shouldnt be for sale. If Soppa wants to contribute he should do it the same way like the others. For free! There are enough people out there who can provide him with a server, they just don't like the way it is now.


Please keep in mind this is my very personal opinion and has nothing to do with my status as a PR Team member.

BloodyDeed is offline
Last edited by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed; 2011-11-25 at 16:16..
Old 2011-11-25, 16:36   #45
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Wicca's Avatar
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellfall View Post
The server code has been improved almost everytime server has been up as bug minimizing etc. There is still some issues disturbing heavily the server tho as ghost's to be to most painfull issue. That if the code is released to public i doubt. However the plans where to in somepoint integrate it with the PR.
How do you know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellfall View Post
Why should you donate? Well that is easy to answer: To get the server up and running. As my self i would think the development of the code is just bonus what i get when i donate. As the code quite ready allready. And with is flaws it is still playable.
Yes but i am more interested in having it ready for everyone, not for SISU. We pay money, we want results, not 1 server that has the sole right to 128. It would be better to have some sort of showcase or fix list that was updated to give us an idea of progress. Now all we can do is trust you with our money, and we see no progress. I have played enough 128 to know what it is. But if we want PR to grow, you need to finish this. And if you demand money for the code, then show us progress, why else should we invest money in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellfall View Post
Thing is NEW is community and TG is community. They have someone behind their servers and paying the fees. However as i wrote earlier when it comes to sisu both NEW and TG and even you are part of the sisu community since we hold sisu as community for everyone who plays PR. But sisu as if is bigger is not differ from the other smaller communities someone still need to pay the fees. At this moment none of our beloved community members (You included) are not donating any coins for the server so the server is down. After our community (PR bf2 player base) will start donating againg the server will be up againg. Simple as it is. Same applies to those smaller communities telling "give us the code we will run it" well you must realize you allready have the code. everyone is wellcomed to play on the sisu when it is up.
If it is everyones code, then why are we using the SISU server? Cant we let someone who can do it for free donate it? It seems more logical.

The continued behaviour that i see, that you are only interested in hosting the 128 tests on the sisu server, and only for money, suggests something quite malicious. Even you should see this. 128 is fun, but it should not be used as a bargain chip to get our money.

// Wicca out


Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 17:00   #46
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Arc_Shielder's Avatar
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]BloodyDeed View Post
128p shouldnt be for sale. If Soppa wants to contribute he should do it the same way like the others. For free! There are enough people out there who can provide him with a server, they just don't like the way it is now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
If it is everyones code, then why are we using the SISU server? Cant we let someone who can do it for free donate it? It seems more logical.

The continued behaviour that i see, that you are only interested in hosting the 128 tests on the sisu server, and only for money, suggests something quite malicious. Even you should see this. 128 is fun, but it should not be used as a bargain chip to get our money.
Exactly my thoughts.

This is why I wanted a response from Soppa rather than "others", so that some of my doubts could be cleared out. Right now I do not understand why someone would be willing to pay for something that has progressively turned into a "pay or not play". I understand sharing the costs, but I do not understand why forcing it upon the community to the point that is detrimental to the development of the 128 code. Isn't that counterproductive?

Why should I care to invest on something that right now seems to be nothing more than an occasional event?

Why would anyone so interested in offering an incredible feature to the community be so overly protective and obscure about his intentions?

A word from the DEVs would be nice but this silence seems to feed the suspicion that the code release is still an uncertainty. They also haven't lifted the restriction which makes me wonder that perhaps themselves suspect or dislike about the way things are being conducted.

Arc_Shielder is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 17:20   #47
angellfall
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

sisu is not on sale -.- and as i have tried to put it down simply enough. But ppl still keeps on cutting words out from context. The server is there for everyone not for just communities but everyone try to realize this pls . If you want to have the 128 server for your community why dont you cut down your own server or one of your servers in the community and rent the sisu? Simply put your own name on it and get your admins on it? Thisway you would be doing a fawour to whole PR community.

What comes to free servers there is no such things in some point someone is paying for em.
angellfall is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 17:22   #48
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Arc_Shielder's Avatar
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellfall View Post
sisu is not on sale -.- and as i have tried to put it down simply enough. But ppl still keeps on cutting words out from context. The server is there for everyone not for just communities but everyone try to realize this pls . If you want to have the 128 server for your community why dont you cut down your own server or one of your servers in the community and rent the sisu? Simply put your own name on it and get your admins on it? Thisway you would be doing a fawour to whole PR community.

What comes to free servers there is no such things in some point someone is paying for em.
Why you keep on emphasizing about the server when we're talking about the code?

That was the purpose of developing it in the first place, to distribute it to the community. It seems to me that you're the one taking words out of context.

Arc_Shielder is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 17:37   #49
angellfall
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
Why you keep on emphasizing about the server when we're talking about the code?

That was the purpose of developing it in the first place, to distribute it to the community. It seems to me that you're the one taking words out of context.
As far as i know it was never the plan to distribute the code freely, however in some point it will be given to PR dev's whom will decide what to do with it. It has been told many times that the code will not be given away in its current form. That is why the sisu concept was build around it. therefore the sisu server is the code for now.
angellfall is offline
Old 2011-11-25, 18:44   #50
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Anderson29's Avatar
Default Re: PR 128 testing status?

now i feel like a sucker....thinking it was all for the good of the community.....only to see
Quote:
"As far as i know it was never the plan to distribute the code freely"
. sorry 64player slot servers, i was against yall limiting the sisu server in the begining thinking the code would eventually come to you guys...but now i see it wont....

Quote:
"however in some point it will be given to PR dev's whom will decide what to do with it."
when is this going to happen...... and without knowing for sure what's the point then. its like 128 player code is being held hostage.... so we pay for proof of life from the sisu server but i want to know whats the cost for its freedom(the codes release to other servers/pr devs)....then you might actually see some donations.....

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline
Last edited by Anderson29; 2011-11-25 at 23:33..
Closed Thread


Tags
128, server, sisu, status, testing
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03.