project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
07 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-06-05, 13:56   #1
Zyco187

Default the twitch category

i cannot find the project reality category on twitch does my computer have a virus or are they bringing it back
Zyco187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-05, 15:03   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: the twitch category

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyco187 View Post
i cannot find the project reality category on twitch does my computer have a virus or are they bringing it back
Twitch does not allow categories for mods. I guess thats why it got removed

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-06, 09:01   #3
Deviro
Supporting Member

Even YouTube used to have Project Reality as a title, now it doesn't and we have to use BF2.

Years ago I heard Twitch used to use Amazon's barcode database. It's probably different now since a lot of games aren't released on retail.

I've wanted to research which database they both use for a while, so this is probably a good time to do it.
Deviro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-06, 09:22   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviro View Post
Even YouTube used to have Project Reality as a title, now it doesn't and we have to use BF2.

Years ago I heard Twitch used to use Amazon's barcode database. It's probably different now since a lot of games aren't released on retail.

I've wanted to research which database they both use for a while, so this is probably a good time to do it.
Twitch uses https://www.igdb.com/ but mods are not eligible

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/add...language=en_US
Quote:

Any Twitch user can sign into IGDB using their standard Twitch user account and add missing games to IGDB or edit existing ones. Click here to learn more about contributing to IGDB. Please note that any game that meets the criteria outlined on our List of Prohibited Games or any of the following are considered ineligible for Twitch:
  • Games with a release status of “Rumored” or “Cancelled”.
  • Games that are considered an alternative version of another game.
  • Games that are considered an expansion pack, bundle, DLC, mod, standalone episode, or season of another game.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote