project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
07 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-06-23, 19:43   #1
=HOG= Xambone
Default Time on Server

Nate been helpful this week.

Just trying to gather in formation. Let's just say its a private server and was 50 vs 50 =100 players.

1. Does using it for 4 hours cause damage to PR running correctly?

2. What happens if after 4 hours one team had more tickets?

3. If one teams gets stuck coming out of their base to break free. Can they handle 4 hours battle or need to move to next meeting.

4. Like 3 Could it be a place to repack the team and build from there. Let vehicles lead the way.

Thanks for response
=HOG= Xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-27, 07:49   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Time on Server

moved to general discussion - to discuss implications on gameplay when a round takes 4 hours (which is made possible by massive ticket increase I think?)

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-27, 11:00   #3
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Time on Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HOG= Xambone View Post

Just trying to gather in formation. Let's just say its a private server and was 50 vs 50 =100 players.

3. If one teams gets stuck coming out of their base to break free. Can they handle 4 hours battle or need to move to next meeting.

4. Like 3 Could it be a place to repack the team and build from there. Let vehicles lead the way.

Thanks for response
Problem is coordination, if you get stuck in the main base you need a break out force. As many vehicles as you can get together, preferably the full asset list. All the tanks need to crest the hill at the same time as HAT kit peeks.

Too many people taking vehicles out one at a time not using its full potential. Some bad player in squad leader position could take a logi trying to break out of main when we need repairs for the tank.

In paintball events the German team always gets Tippmann castle which is right in front of their spawn, like their last flag. We can't enter till near end of game or when there is active objective to capture on it. Its like the Muttrah fortress rules. There is too many damn windows and turrets to get close to the castle. But we sit outside 300 meters back sieging it just out of range waiting for that moment. They try to go around or break through the siege, which only works if they do 3 separate attacks at the same time distracting from the middle and shaving off edge of our lines.

I could possibly do 4 hours of trying to break out of main or even the last flag. I miss when Large layouts had 1200-2000 tickets. But that was before I perfected my brigade methods, one big moving booby trap the enemy doesn't want to mess with. Tanks, APCs, jeeps, infantry, super FOBs, getting the full potential out of everything. If the enemy loses all their armor then the COAX is free to sweep and double sweep especially over level terrain.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-11, 01:06   #4
WingWalker
Default Re: Time on Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HOG= Xambone View Post

Thanks for response

I play a lot of rounds for the full 4hrs since I like seeding.

Generally these are lower populations, but have a lot of different scenarios take place over the long time.

The long time frame give a sense of "epicness" since the battle tends to shift around with time for different battles to develop and end in a mach up.

I think more classic maps would be better for longer experiences, ones people know better and play more often.

I feel what would work best for a long game play would be something like a 4k AAS that random flags pop up like caches in random areas across the map to concentrate fighting, and not have the problems of a linear flag arrangement.

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote